How long for Far Cry 2 online trophies

Ruviks_Soul

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

PS3 is not shutting down. It's only the PC version that is shutting down. People don't check their sources and spread false information and this is where we end up.

people are scared, especially of Ubisoft that just does shit. in addition, some prints of alleged conversations with the support confirmed that it will be shutting down, yes, then I ask you, "but don't people check the sources?" well, asking support itself should be a reliable source, right? but it is not, the truth is that we never know until the day comes. after all, "source" stated that Mad Max would not be unobtainable after the shutting down, and this is just an example.

3 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

well, asking support itself should be a reliable source, right?

No, asking a general support level 1 lackey has never been and will never be a reliable source. An announcement from the company though email or posted on their site would constitute a reliable source.

13 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

PS3 is not shutting down. It's only the PC version that is shutting down. People don't check their sources and spread false information and this is where we end up.

Thanks for the clarification such mixed messages on here and everywhere else cannot find anything! 

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, asking a general support level 1 lackey has never been and will never be a reliable source. An announcement from the company though email or posted on their site would constitute a reliable source.

Ubisoft is known for confirming and posting wrong things lol, is that serious? will you argue that any statement from them in relation to this kind of thing is reliable? well, i hope you're right but i won't be sure until the day comes. and shouldn't the support be reliable? what does it exist for then, what is it for? apparently for nothing lol, since they can confirm lies at will without any consequences

10 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

people are scared, especially of Ubisoft that just does shit. in addition, some prints of alleged conversations with the support confirmed that it will be shutting down, yes, then I ask you, "but don't people check the sources?" well, asking support itself should be a reliable source, right? but it is not, the truth is that we never know until the day comes. after all, "source" stated that Mad Max would not be unobtainable after the shutting down, and this is just an example.

Thanks for understanding. I just wanted some sources as mixed messages on here. Didn’t mean to sound like I hadn’t checked as I have and they said the same as you Ubisoft is known to do this apparently. 

6 minutes ago, GamingWithFlacy said:

Thanks for understanding. I just wanted some sources as mixed messages on here. Didn’t mean to sound like I hadn’t checked as I have and they said the same as you Ubisoft is known to do this apparently. 

I understand, Ubi is known for being a mess. in addition the support is useless, so we need to wait for an "official statement" and the body created to clarify things just does the opposite. An online list on a website is not a reliable source for me, that list may be wrong and it has happened on other occasions, so I am never sure.

51 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

40 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The problem is that even official statements might not be reliable in this case. For example, R.U.S.E. (also Ubisoft) was announced to shutdown on PS3 in 2017. However, it's still online and the only thing that isn't available anymore is the connection to the Ubisoft Club or whatever it is called, not affecting the online part or trophies. It could be that they only shutdown the PC version, like they say, but it could also be that they shutdown all dedicated servers which are most likely hosted on a "PC" (as in not a console), thus affect all versions of FC2. However, that wouldn't be a problem in this case because you can host P2P servers. The only real problem would be if they would shutdown the stats servers (same thing, also most likely hosted on a "PC").

The point is, you can't be really sure until it happened and it wouldn't help that you can say "but you announced it for PC only" because it'd be gone and everything related to it unobtainable. So imho you should be better safe than sorry. And thinking of the age of the game it's a good idea to finish the online part either way. Not trying to spread false information or causing "trophy panic", just a friendly advice.

• Like 1

If you guys had any doubts about doing the multiplayer then I suggest you all to don't bother. If you're going to dedicate time to the multiplayer, that's great. But it's no great loss if you decide not to do it.

Just looking at those multiplayer trophy requirements is enough for me to stay far away from Far Cry 2. Too much grinding and being aware of glitched trophies for me to not bother with the game.

1 minute ago, DenDigger said:

Someone asked Ubisoft support directly

Ubisoft support is an oxymoron. I already gave an answer above. 

On 5/18/2021 at 11:14 AM, DaivRules said:

Here is the actual link with a reliable source: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

A response from some support lackey reading the same source and then giving and answer contrary to the source is not credible. 

Ubisoft support is a complete joke. They can't tell their feet from their bodies. You can ask them about an issue you have with Assassin's Creed or one of the Watch Dogs games and I can guarantee they will give you the complete runaround.

Still, I cannot say Far Cry 2 is going to have servers running for a lot longer. Batman: Arkham Origins was supposed to have its servers shut going back to December 2016, people are still playing the online today earning those trophies. Mortal Kombat for the PS3 basically had a shadow announcement from WBGames who shut down the servers. There was no real warning or notification well ahead of time that they were going to do it.

And in the case of Mad Max, the support lackeys claimed the server shutdown wasn't going to affect Up to The Task. Turns out that it did, because you had to collect scrap from scrap crew while you weren't playing, which required an online connection. So the platinum is now unobtainable.

That sort of shit is why I can never trust any customer support team or tech support lackey. You have to take Far Cry 2 with a grain of salt.

Just got done with all the online trophies. It took me 37H:56S. That's with a couple hours of boosting to get to level 20. 

I boosted with 3 ps3s and 1 turbo controller. If you value your own time and like being a joy to boost with (especially on PS3 games) invest in a second or even third PlayStation 3. They're not expensive on eBay or Facebook marketplace place and will make your life much easier. 

People are hitting 50/60/70 hours of boosting as they're having to afk for others. No chance was I ever going to do that if it could be avoided. Very easy boost. Just a little time consuming. 

9 hours ago, HankValentine said:

Just got done with all the online trophies. It took me 37H:56S. That's with a couple hours of boosting to get to level 20. 

I boosted with 3 ps3s and 1 turbo controller. If you value your own time and like being a joy to boost with (especially on PS3 games) invest in a second or even third PlayStation 3. They're not expensive on eBay or Facebook marketplace place and will make your life much easier. 

People are hitting 50/60/70 hours of boosting as they're having to afk for others. No chance was I ever going to do that if it could be avoided. Very easy boost. Just a little time consuming. 

What did you use the turbo controller for; revives?

I'm getting towards the home stretch now. 7 guns left but multikills, revives etc all done, lvl 18 and a bit. Looking forward to finishing.

2 hours ago, Darkwaxer said:

What did you use the turbo controller for; revives?

I'm getting towards the home stretch now. 7 guns left but multikills, revives etc all done, lvl 18 and a bit. Looking forward to finishing.

Yeah, it's great, if you do the knife/revive glitch, but having an alt using a auto press turbo controller to spam triangle to revive your other alt that you're shooting.  Rather than a knife, use guns instead, I was getting 100 kills per 1500xp round. Which sped the grind for only kills. 

Unfortunately I figured this trick out after I had done all the 500 kill weapons lol. 

Equally, I used the same method to grind for XP. Instead, I'd have my reviving alt not be captain and the alt I'm shooting be the captain for maximum XP. I'd capture two flags, knife kill my captain alt, cap the last flag and end it. 

I was literally finishing matches in 3 mins 40 seconds on average. 

Edited by HankValentine

On 26/05/2021 at 5:27 PM, HankValentine said:

Sorry to ask a probably stupid question, but boosting with 3 consoles, do you need 3 screens as well or do you switch between the consoles one at a time.

3 hours ago, captainskyhawk said:

Sorry to ask a probably stupid question, but boosting with 3 consoles, do you need 3 screens as well or do you switch between the consoles one at a time.

I did it all on one screen with one HDMI channel for my main console and another channel for the 2 dummies but swapping HDMI cable between the two because I only have 2 slots on my TV 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, captainskyhawk said:

I used 3 screens. Swapping would be far too time consuming imo. If you don't want to get two more screens, you can buy a multiviewer to show up to 4 screens/hdmi sources at once on your TV. 

• Like 1

I also used 3 screens. I still own old 4:3 TFT monitors and just bought two HDMI-to-VGA adapters to be able to connect the dummy PS3's to the old monitor. Far Cry 2 supports 4:3 monitors without cropping the image.

• Like 1