Audiologs and the controller

dodgedoors

When I got my first audio log in this game and heard it coming through my controller, I immediately thought of how awesome this will be with Bioshock.  Anyone's mind immediately go there too?  I loved this game and I am going to get the platinum for it eventually, but it isn't perfect.  Bioshock Audiologs told an amazing story within a story. Hearing Killzone's clearly through the controller, made it seem like the logs were more real, like i actually picked up the audio log and pressed play on it. I just can't wait for this to be used in a Bioshock game.

I also thought the same thing when I first heard that such a feature would be used by Killzone. If it wasn't used in the next BioShock game I would be disappointed. I hope they go back to BioShock 1's way of telling audio logs where it helped create the mood and atmosphere of run-down Rapture rather than in Infinite where it just added to the story.

Edited by Herwest299

• 3 weeks later...

Game companies should incorporate this for moments like when someones talking to you through the radio in FPS or racing games and it could be implemented into much more.

Look at resogun for instance, when I heard save the last humans through my controller it made me jump but I thought "Damn, that's awesome!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is a universal option to disable ALL sound through the controllers? I want the sound to come out the damn speakers, but cant figure out how to stop it coming from the controller :(

I do believe there is an option that disables the speaker on the controller but I don't know if that will make the audio that should come out of the DS4 come out of the television speakers. I'll poke around on my PS4 later and see what I can come up with. 

Parker

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is a universal option to disable ALL sound through the controllers? I want the sound to come out the damn speakers, but cant figure out how to stop it coming from the controller :(

Hold down the PS button and go to controller & "audio settings" i believe it was and turn it off there.

Game companies should incorporate this for moments like when someones talking to you through the radio in FPS or racing games and it could be implemented into much more.

Look at resogun for instance, when I heard save the last humans through my controller it made me jump but I thought "Damn, that's awesome!"

Maybe DriveClub will have a feature like this?