Having some issues with Gear now.

Viper

So I've been working on Thor lately and up until recently, Gear drops have regularly been worth it, constantly going up and up for my power level. But around the time I hit 90 Power Level, I'm starting to see severe diminishing returns. Not only is a lot of gear that's dropping underleveled (considering I was getting gear way over my level before hand) but the stats seem to be more of a detriment than anything else, some of which lower my stats as much as 20+%. 

Now I know part of it might be on me...for instance his ranged gear I had a level 79 Legendary for, and I upgraded that all the way to 89, which gives him a Might score of 39. So while I have some gear in the higher range than this (I have one that's 97), using it ends up lowering my Melee rating by nearly 200 points, but I feel like this is where maxing it out did more harm than good and I might have to sacrifice my Melee rating to get gear that helps me there later. But even with gear that I haven't leveled up, anything I have picked up that's above it, is significantly lowering my stats by a lot more than I want to deal with. 

I thought at first that maybe I was just having bad luck RNG wise, but it's been going on for a couple days now and if I switch to say....Captain America, who is much lower than Thor right now, he was back to constantly picking up gear that actually helps him. Switch back to Thor and the gear pick ups are lousy again. 

I've basically hit a brick wall with him in terms of getting helpful gear and I'm not sure what else to do. Even Minor artifacts that I'm picking up are doing more harm to my stats than good. I hit Power Level 90 with Thor 2 days ago...and in that time I've only managed to get to level 93 with a TON of gear pick ups, and 99% of them kill my stats. 

What am I doing wrong here? Trying to get him to 150, but that's not looking likely anymore. 

@Viper  Don't overthink it. Just keep equipping the stuff with the higher number until you hit 150 power and trash everything else. Don't waste your time looking at stats. Using the right skills and managing your heroic powers will always give you the edge in battle.

Once you hit 150 power, than maybe get some gold/red 5 stars gear to get your character overpowered and blaze through the 50 hives grind.

And yes, sometimes gear drops stagnate. But as you progress to longer/harder missions you'll start getting rewarded with better gear.

Yeah I hate to say it but that's a regular problem with gear on that game it happens for every character you try to increase the power of the only thing you can do is push through it and hope you get better gear or you upgrade the gear you've got in hope that the game will drop higher level pieces.

The stats are completely irrelevant until you've hit gear that is 130 base level and moving into end game content.

The upgrades you have done on the gear is also a complete waste of materials in all honesty, as like I said before, until you're looking to make an end game build, you just need to equip the highest numbers and salvage everything else.

I must be lousy at this game then if people keep saying stats are irrelevant. I was purely focused on Melee and Heroic Damage early on and Thor just kept going down like it was nothing...so I finally had to start paying attention to his Defense rating (Thor and Hulk should be the tankiest characters yet they both go down faster than anyone), he's been far better off ever since. I don't know, with the way I play, these stats are very important and getting a new piece of gear that's going to lower something by 24% at 200+ points a pop just isn't going to work. Also I only upgraded that one piece of Legendary gear for the trophy, I'm not wasting my resources any other time. I just didn't realize at the time it would affect my melee so much.

However, I did get some luck with him later on yesterday...got some decent gear that's gotten him currently to level 115. But the drop rates went from constant to having to pick through a bunch of garbage. 

40 minutes ago, Viper said:

I must be lousy at this game then if people keep saying stats are irrelevant. I was purely focused on Melee and Heroic Damage early on and Thor just kept going down like it was nothing...so I finally had to start paying attention to his Defense rating (Thor and Hulk should be the tankiest characters yet they both go down faster than anyone), he's been far better off ever since. I don't know, with the way I play, these stats are very important and getting a new piece of gear that's going to lower something by 24% at 200+ points a pop just isn't going to work. Also I only upgraded that one piece of Legendary gear for the trophy, I'm not wasting my resources any other time. I just didn't realize at the time it would affect my melee so much.

However, I did get some luck with him later on yesterday...got some decent gear that's gotten him currently to level 115. But the drop rates went from constant to having to pick through a bunch of garbage. 

The stats isnt important,the important is pick up gear that do your level power increase to 130 and then if you need do the 50 hives dint worry for gear that you have a ton of gear to reward for complete each hive

8 hours ago, locoporkko said:

The stats isnt important,the important is pick up gear that do your level power increase to 130 and then if you need do the 50 hives dint worry for gear that you have a ton of gear to reward for complete each hive

Just to be clear, by "stats" I'm specifically talking about the 4 Main ones...Melee, Ranged, Defense and Heroic that you see at the top of the gear screen next to your nameplate. Which I guess they're "Ratings" not stats. I don't mean all the individual numbers you see when you press R3. 

So when I'm saying gear is affecting those 4 ratings, I mean a higher level piece of gear might drop my Melee Rating by 24%, which...to me...is rather ridiculous as those Ratings do feel quite important. 

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Just to be clear, by "stats" I'm specifically talking about the 4 Main ones...Melee, Ranged, Defense and Heroic that you see at the top of the gear screen next to your nameplate. Which I guess they're "Ratings" not stats. I don't mean all the individual numbers you see when you press R3. 

So when I'm saying gear is affecting those 4 ratings, I mean a higher level piece of gear might drop my Melee Rating by 24%, which...to me...is rather ridiculous as those Ratings do feel quite important. 

Yes the important is the gear that have more power level until you have all gear to 130,then you level power with materials until 140 4 armors more 2 minor artifacts more the artifacts upper to 10

On 4/30/2021 at 7:06 PM, HelixNebula_x said:

The stats are completely irrelevant until you've hit gear that is 130 base level and moving into end game content.

The upgrades you have done on the gear is also a complete waste of materials in all honesty, as like I said before, until you're looking to make an end game build, you just need to equip the highest numbers and salvage everything else.

What he said! I did not upgrade any gear until I get 130 power levels.

7 hours ago, locoporkko said:

Yes the important is the gear that have more power level until you have all gear to 130,then you level power with materials until 140 4 armors more 2 minor artifacts more the artifacts upper to 10

Yes yes, I get that you have to keep increasing your power level with gear numbers...I get that. It's people saying those 4 stats at the top are irrelevant that I have to call bullshit on. I wouldn't be able to survive most of these missions if I didn't make sure those stats are up to snuff. Whats the point of getting to 130, 140, 150...if my ratings are so trash that I can't complete missions to get gear in the first place? 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Sí, sí, entiendo que tienes que seguir aumentando tu nivel de potencia con los números de marcha ... Lo entiendo. Es la gente que dice que esas 4 estadísticas en la parte superior son irrelevantes a las que tengo que llamar tonterías. No podría sobrevivir a la mayoría de estas misiones si no me asegurara de que esas estadísticas estén a la altura. ¿Cuál es el punto de llegar a 130, 140, 150 ... si mis calificaciones son tan basura que no puedo completar misiones para obtener equipo en primer lugar? 

I have played the game with hawkeye and I have not had the slightest problem in finishing the missions of the game, I was only very careful in the elite heroic hive because if you die you start from scratch and there are 14 levels

Edited by locoporkko