Scoreboard trophies / pin progress not tracking?

StacFace92

I'm trying to get the trophies for being in the top 25% / 50% of the scoreboard.

My first issue is that I don't know if I am in the top 25% or 50%. I can't see the total number of players for each level listed anywhere, so I don't know how high I need to place. I am collecting all bubbles & using multipliers, but there are some obviously hacked or glitched scores on there. So I don't know if it's even possible legit, or which levels it is possible for.

Looking this up just gives results for 2011/2012, and it looks like they rolled back the leaderboards at that time. I thought maybe the old scores had come back with the recent online fixes, but there have been a few people earning these trophies recently, so it doesn't make sense for this to be what's stopping me.

In my pins, I have 'High Achiever 2' unlocked. The description says 'place in the top 25% of 2 story levels (with at least 50 other players in them)'. I am also on 3/4 for 'High Achiever 4'. But then I also see 'Scoreboard 50%' pin for being in the top 50% and it's at 100/50 with no progress yet. I don't understand how this can happen?

Can anyone shed any light on any of this?

On 29/04/2021 at 9:52 PM, HaserPL said:

Well the servers in LBP2 now are down, who knows how long they will stay that way, maybe that's the reason.

They've been up & down on a regular basis. They were up when I was trying to get the trophies (played a random community level before and after just to double check they hadn't gone down).

If it was because of the server issues, I would have thought it would stop everyone getting them right now, but it seems it's just me as I can't find anything else about this, and other people have been earning them recently.

Edit: Just tried Sackbot Redemption on someone's suggestion, since acing it and collecting all bubbles puts you joint 11th place. I got the score for it and unlocked 'High Achiever 4' now. But still no movement on the scoreboard pin.

Will try backing up and then fully deleting the game data, only thing I can think of that might fix it.

2nd edit: Still no luck, also tried playing on an alt to see if it was just an issue with my profile. Even aced my last 2 levels and got myself up to 'High Achiever 6' pin in the process, but still no movement on the scoreboard pin.

I did notice that my score in the top-left corner when playing as my alt was lower than what I've been achieving recently, which suggests my recent scores aren't uploading to the servers. I just hope this issue is fixed when the servers come back properly.

Edited by StacFace92

Yeah the scoreboards are definitely buggy right now. I got into the 15,000s on Rookie Test which at the very least should get me the Top 50% trophy I would have thought but I've not had anything pop. Hopefully once the servers are properly back online and not in this semi-online testing phase the trophies will be unlockable again

I came to a conclusion this game is unachievable for all new players (like me) unless MM turns on scoreboards again as part of server fixing process.

I aced first 3 worlds and already got a High Achiever pin that is awarded for getting into 25% top scores of 10 story levels.

Still did not unlocked a pin and trophy for being in 25/50% of a single story level which is simply not true given the above.

Scoreboards are read only now and none new results are saved. I guess that's what is blocking that trophy from unlocking. It shows I'm 100/50 which means I dont have any score registered.

Btw,. This already happened like 10 years ago when MM turned off scoreboards for few months. The game was quite new back then tho. I only hope switching scoreboards off was not part of a 'server fixing process' because in that case it's done.

The only good thing is I still have not synced my trophies yet.

1 hour ago, Zbir_Vladimir said:

I came to a conclusion this game is unachievable for all new players (like me) unless MM turns on scoreboards again as part of server fixing process.

I aced first 3 worlds and already got a High Achiever pin that is awarded for getting into 25% top scores of 10 story levels.

Still did not unlocked a pin and trophy for being in 25/50% of a single story level which is simply not true given the above.

Scoreboards are read only now and none new results are saved. I guess that's what is blocking that trophy from unlocking. It shows I'm 100/50 which means I dont have any score registered.

Btw,. This already happened like 10 years ago when MM turned off scoreboards for few months. The game was quite new back then tho. I only hope switching scoreboards off was not part of a 'server fixing process' because in that case it's done.

Try talk with them on Twitter 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zbir_Vladimir said:

Off topic, but in case you didn't know, on PS3 if you've gotten any trophies and you haven't synched, those trophies are stored on your offline list no matter what, which means uppon syncing, all of your offline trophies will get uploaded to the server. I've read online people suggest doing a factory reset as it will delete your offline trophies so you'll be able to sync again without any unwanted trophies getting uploaded.

As this is probably the safest option, you can also just delete your user. That way, all of your offline trophies associated with that user will also get deleted. Then just create a new user and link your PSN account and you should be able to sync trophies without any fear. Just make sure to keep a save (either on the cloud if you have PS plus or on external storage) of the games you care about or the games you want to keep on your offline list (I don't know if online PS3 trophies can be copied to the offline list, I think you need the save files of the games as they contain the offline trophy information and data). That's what I did and it worked but if you wanna be extra careful, you should do a factory reset.

Just putting it out there for anyone who's been in a similar position and doesn't know what to do.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SlienTheCake said:

Off topic, but in case you didn't know, on PS3 if you've gotten any trophies and you haven't synched, those trophies are stored on your offline list no matter what, which means uppon syncing, all of your offline trophies will get uploaded to the server. I've read online people suggest doing a factory reset as it will delete your offline trophies so you'll be able to sync again without any unwanted trophies getting uploaded.

As this is probably the safest option, you can also just delete your user. That way, all of your offline trophies associated with that user will also get deleted. Then just create a new user and link your PSN account and you should be able to sync trophies without any fear. Just make sure to keep a save (either on the cloud if you have PS plus or on external storage) of the games you care about or the games you want to keep on your offline list (I don't know if online PS3 trophies can be copied to the offline list, I think you need the save files of the games as they contain the offline trophy information and data). That's what I did and it worked but if you wanna be extra careful, you should do a factory reset.

Just putting it out there for anyone who's been in a similar position and doesn't know what to do.

I know all that but thanks for caring :) . Deleting user is enough in that case.

Also to clarify, all trophies will be synced from server to new user too (save files doesnt contain trophy information, at least not the one displayed under trophies in the system). But it will also take ages as they are synced 1 at a time (still cant believe they made it like that). But before doing that I will just power off that system and give them some time, maybe they are still working and will turn the feature on again at some point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zbir_Vladimir said:

I tweeted the devs, would be cool if you can retweet/like. We need some visibility for it.

https://twitter.com/ZbirV/status/1390671530711977985?s=20

The devs already said they’ll post as soon as the servers are fully back up. If you can access them, you can only do so because they’re running tests. 

Pestering them to get scoreboards back up while they’re trying to restore servers before they’ve even said they’re back up is pretty rude. 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

The devs already said they’ll post as soon as the servers are fully back up. If you can access them, you can only do so because they’re running tests. 

Pestering them to get scoreboards back up while they’re trying to restore servers before they’ve even said they’re back up is pretty rude. 

Servers are stable and working for like a week already.

Better to point some shortcomings now than to bother them in few months trying to get their attention again when they will be busy with other stuff (as a  dev I much more prefer it this way).

There is nothing rude in reporting a bug. People are not that touchy.

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

Just now, Zbir_Vladimir said:

Servers are stable and working for like a week already.

Better to point some shortcomings now than to bother them in few months trying to get their attention again when they will be busy with other stuff (as a dev I much more prefer it this way). There is nothing rude in reporting a bug. People are not that touchy.

Yes it’s rude because they already said they’ll let everyone know when the servers are up. It’s a bug once they say it’s done and then something doesn’t work as intended.

Just because you can access during testing doesn’t mean everything is back to normal. This is a developer who has been trying to communicate that they acknowledged a problem and are clearly actively working on it. Bothering them with certain aspects not working on it yet is disrespectful. 

Scoreboards are a major part of the MP since every level has to have one, I’m sure they’re aware of what’s broken since it’s such a core component of online play. 

Just show some patience and appreciation that they have been actively working to get all the servers back up, don’t try to recruit others to pile on that they’re not working on the part you want fast enough. 

• Like 1

I appreciate their efforts a lot. They show amazing love to their work and have to be nothing but praised for that.

I still dont think pointing out that something  still ain't working is rude. I'm working in software development too and I value feedback. The earlier the better.

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

38 minutes ago, Zbir_Vladimir said:

I'm working in software development too and I value feedback. The earlier the better.

I also work in software development as well and there is a time and place for feedback, this ain’t it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I also work in software development as well and there is a time and place for feedback, this ain’t it. 

For me 10 days of servers being live w/o quite important feature is a perfect time to ask polite question whether they plan to bring mentioned feature back or not.

Especially with a history of that feature being down for like a year in the past.

Just now, Zbir_Vladimir said:

For me 10 days of servers being live w/o quite important feature is a perfect time to ask polite question whether they plan to bring mentioned feature back or not.

Especially with a history of that feature being down for like a year in the past.

You’re counting the server as “live” because you can access it. They already said they’re not back up and live, they’re just testing. 

Clearly you have no concept of tact. Asking others to retweet and like your tweet is not tactful, it’s tacky and it’s rude. You don’t have to keep justifying your rudeness to me, I’m clearly not able to get you to understand rudeness and I’m not going to accept any rationale for being rude. 

55 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You’re counting the server as “live” because you can access it. They already said they’re not back up and live, they’re just testing. 

Clearly you have no concept of tact. Asking others to retweet and like your tweet is not tactful, it’s tacky and it’s rude. You don’t have to keep justifying your rudeness to me, I’m clearly not able to get you to understand rudeness and I’m not going to accept any rationale for being rude. 

EDIT: or whatever really.

I think this discussion went a bit too far.

I asked a polite question, zero pretentions, harsh words or anything like that. A question. To a dev I really respect and appreciate.

You might think this was too early (i don't) but that was still only a polite question. This absolutely doesnt justify calling me rude, disrespectful or 'lacking a tact'. Also because you absolutely don't know me.

Ending it here.

Cheers

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir