Lazy ass developers ?

Gloom12356776543

Dear god... did they really named the DLC Achievements ??? ? are they just lazy ? Or straight up microsoft a*s lickers trying to provoke ? its maybe just a banality but the disrespect from the develeoper buggs me ? game is sh*t, I dont intend to buy it ? it just catched my eye ? cause I never ever saw such Abomination in a trophy list before...

Edited by Gloom12356776543
  • Like 2

Achievements is the more common name, both Steam and Xbox uses it and they prob just forgot to change it for PS. Only Playstation that wants to be different. Achievement is a better name imho. Since you actually avhieve them instead of just getting a Ratalaika participation trophy =>

• Like 3

I will continue to call all vacuum cleaners: Hoovers.

I will call all flying disc: a Frisbee.

I will call loud sirens: a Klaxon 

I will call all tablets: iPad

All are specific brand names, and we don't care. 

Please don't accuse developers of being lazy or indoctrinated over a generalised naming scheme.

Or is this satire... Now I think about it it could be...

• Like 1

Trophies is a cheap chinese knock off of the achievements anyway, 13 years in, they are still behind Xbox 360 in terms of features. I still remember, when trophies were called Accomplishments before Sony realized they were way too obvious with their desperate attempt at copy Achievements.

Anyway, who cares, it's an obscure game by some indie dev, probably with only 1 person working on it. I can understand how naming trophies/achievements wouldn't be their top priority, considering it's Achievements on Xbox, Steam and Stadia.

1 hour ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Dear god... did they really named the DLC Achievements ??? 1f621.png are they just lazy ? Or straight up microsoft a*s lickers trying to provoke ? 1f621.png its maybe just a banality but the disrespect from the develeoper buggs me 1f624.png game is sh*t, I dont intend to buy it 1f4a9.png it just catched my eye 1f441.png cause I never ever saw such Abomination in a trophy list before...

If this is really the biggest problem in your life, I really envy you..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Dear god... did they really named the DLC Achievements ??? 1f621.png are they just lazy ? Or straight up microsoft a*s lickers trying to provoke ? 1f621.png its maybe just a banality but the disrespect from the develeoper buggs me 1f624.png game is sh*t, I dont intend to buy it 1f4a9.png it just catched my eye 1f441.png cause I never ever saw such Abomination in a trophy list before...

Lay off the emojis... just makes your post idiotic and laughable. 

• Like 2

Just gonna go out on a limb here... This game originally released on Steam, which as I'm sure most are aware also use achievements. So I'm not really surprised that they are listed as such? Agreed that they could have gone a little more creative, but whatever. Achievements are the majority while only Sony has trophies, so I dunno ? This doesn't at all effect the fantastic gameplay, so there's also that!

With that being said, I ended up picking this up last night and the game is phenomenal! My only complaint is that there's not plat, but I've been trying lately not to let that keep me from playing stuff like it used to. You end up missing out on a ton of fun games!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 2

I absolutely dont care they can do whatever they want, it is not my biggest problem and nkt even a problem for me ? I was just shocked when I saw that because it was the first time I ever saw such a bizzare thing and I wanted to know how many will defend it, but I still think If you are releasing game on more platforms you should respect the customer base ? 

4 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Just gonna go out on a limb here... This game originally released on Steam, which as I'm sure most are aware also use achievements. So I'm not really surprised that they are listed as such? Agreed that they could have gone a little more creative, but whatever. Achievements are the majority while only Sony has trophies, so I dunno ? This doesn't at all effect the fantastic gameplay, so there's also that!

With that being said, I ended up picking this up last night and the game is phenomenal! My only complaint is that there's not plat, but I've been trying lately not to let that keep me from playing stuff like it used to. You end up missing out on a ton of fun games!

I have to come clean I totally forgot about steam also having "Achievements" ?

8 minutes ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

I have to come clean I totally forgot about steam also having "Achievements" 1f644.png

Ha no worries at all! I am thinking since Steam was their original go-to, when they added this stuff in it probably started on there and whatever they named the file just stuck. This is totally me speculating anyway! But I agree with you that they could have tried a little harder with that ?

• Like 1