BKnocheese

Material Farming Help

29 posts in this topic

So I've been grinding for hours on hard mode with maximum item drop rate, and certain materials are just not dropping. What's the best method to get rare materials to drop from enemies? Is it worth it to stay in hard mode or would it be faster to easily kill enemies on normal or easy? Is there anything else in the game that makes the drop rate more successful?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it sounds dumb but the item drop rate words actually decrease the chance for the rare materials to drop, at least it did in the original game. I'm only assuming it stayed the same here. Try unequipping those words.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

I know it sounds dumb but the item drop rate words actually decrease the chance for the rare materials to drop, at least it did in the original game. I'm only assuming it stayed the same here. Try unequipping those words.

Are you serius? I'm used that for grinding item too ūüė≠

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think it's true. I got the platinum trophy on the original PS3 'Nier' and the item drop rate words actually decrease the chance for the rare materials to drop. Instead I equipped the words to increase EXP and on HARD difficulty. In this remake I'm doing the same and I feel like it works the same way.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BKnocheese said:

So I've been grinding for hours on hard mode with maximum item drop rate, and certain materials are just not dropping. What's the best method to get rare materials to drop from enemies? Is it worth it to stay in hard mode or would it be faster to easily kill enemies on normal or easy? Is there anything else in the game that makes the drop rate more successful?

 

It's definitely not worth it to farm on Hard mode UNLESS you're extremely over-leveled. Farming for subdued bracelets for example just takes way longer on hard because the flying shades get a ridiculous amount of HP. I got all the necessary items for the trophy while playing on easy, EXCEPT for memory alloy. It's the only item that's worth farming on hard because you can kill yourself easier and the big robots seem to drop the item quite often on hard.

 

I skipped forlorn necklaces with the DLC weapons but I can say that after an hour of farming them on hard with no luck, it's not worth it. Although it still comes down to RNG so everyone has a different experience.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 11:43 PM, Foremanskin said:

 

It's definitely not worth it to farm on Hard mode UNLESS you're extremely over-leveled. Farming for subdued bracelets for example just takes way longer on hard because the flying shades get a ridiculous amount of HP. I got all the necessary items for the trophy while playing on easy, EXCEPT for memory alloy. It's the only item that's worth farming on hard because you can kill yourself easier and the big robots seem to drop the item quite often on hard.

 

I skipped forlorn necklaces with the DLC weapons but I can say that after an hour of farming them on hard with no luck, it's not worth it. Although it still comes down to RNG so everyone has a different experience.

 

So I finally got the trophy. Didn't notice any significant changes from hard mode and got them all on normal. Memory Alloy was fine for me, but the real painful ones were Broken Wristwatches and Forlorn Necklaces. The trophy is definitely easier with the DLC weapons and the new weapon after beating Ending E. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is possible farming on easy or you need normal or hard difficulty? Thx and words for increare % is needed?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Is possible farming on easy or you need normal or hard difficulty? Thx and words for increare % is needed?

It's entirely possible to get all needed materials on easy and I don't believe anyone has the exact numbers (if any) on the likelihood of better drops on harder difficulties. Normal shouldn't pose any issue though if you're farming route C or later. If you beat route E it gives you an extremely powerful weapon that makes farming even quicker. As well, do yourself a favor and don't equip the drop rate increase words because they're actually detrimental to receiving rare drops.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

It's entirely possible to get all needed materials on easy and I don't believe anyone has the exact numbers (if any) on the likelihood of better drops on harder difficulties. Normal shouldn't pose any issue though if you're farming route C or later. If you beat route E it gives you an extremely powerful weapon that makes farming even quicker. As well, do yourself a favor and don't equip the drop rate increase words because they're actually detrimental to receiving rare drops.

Thx mate 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If I understand correctly, when you're doing Ending E you're essentially on a brand new save. So, does that mean that I'll have to find all the weapons all over again and such if I want to start farming on Ending E save after getting that powerful weapon?

Edited by DragonSpear2462
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You get your deleted save back if you finish E, but only the main save and not the other two. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Penpen4 said:

You get your deleted save back if you finish E, but only the main save and not the other two. 


Yes, but if I want to start farming on the Save that has Ending E, I would have to find all the weapons all over again because the save used for Ending is a "New Game" save while the "main save" is like New Game++ (has all the items/level that I've been playing with for Endings A-D), no?

Edited by DragonSpear2462
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dragonslayer_023 said:

You get the new weapon on your old save, not the ending E save.

Ahhh! This makes much more sense. Thanks =)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RNG is RNG. In my experience I did everything on Easy mode with a +25 % item drop. No need to tweak with game settings or any of that nonsense, all that does is enable the placebo effect.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be coincidental, but while running through Seafront the Southern Plains to Village gates and back again, looking for Black Pearls and Broken Wristwatches I started on Normal, with +25% drop word. Heavies in the plains dropped pretty much nothing. Switched to Hard, and they dropped lots of Strength drops, and 1 Closed book per pass.  Switched to Easy, and 3 passes in a row they dropped 2 Closed Books and 1 Broken Wristwatch. 

 

Still didn't get Black Pearls though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RNG in this game is brutal I'm at the Junkyard Level 51 with 50+ Titanium alloys and 7 Memory Alloys (Still need 6 more), 4 Hours farming Forlorn Necklaces only got me 1 (Need 2 More), Gold Ore Farming is also driving me a bit nutty...5 more to go...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2021 at 4:30 PM, BKnocheese said:

So I've been grinding for hours on hard mode with maximum item drop rate, and certain materials are just not dropping. What's the best method to get rare materials to drop from enemies? Is it worth it to stay in hard mode or would it be faster to easily kill enemies on normal or easy? Is there anything else in the game that makes the drop rate more successful?

youtube a guide. I used two. one of which was GamingWithAbyss, and the other was 

 

 

 

few items have terrible drop rates. Just keep trying. i got it done

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i farmed everything on lowest difficulty and I also only did the "easy" weapons

 

this trophy is so much faster and easier in this version than it was in the original. eagle eggs and all the other stupid stuff... happy it's not necessary here

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

i farmed everything on lowest difficulty and I also only did the "easy" weapons

 

this trophy is so much faster and easier in this version than it was in the original. eagle eggs and all the other stupid stuff... happy it's not necessary here

Does the difficulty even change anything? I can literally one hit everything on Normal but with these terrible drop rates it looks like I'll be hitting level 60+ before I'm anywhere near done.

Edited by Collectible_Guru
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Collectible_Guru said:

Does the difficulty even change anything? I can literally one hit everything on Normal but with these terrible drop rates it looks like I'll be hitting level 60+ before I'm anywhere near done.

 

afaik it's not really confirmed

 

the powerpyx guide says it doesn't matter, some people on youtube will tell you otherwise

 

since the drop rate of some items is absurdly low, everyone will believe their own version of events... "I farmed for 10.000 hours on easy with zero(!) drops, as soon as i changed to hard I had like 7435 drops in 36 seconds..." yeah whatever

 

my version of events is that it doesn't matter, but I might have been lucky

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alaquia said:

i farmed everything on lowest difficulty and I also only did the "easy" weapons

What do you mean by easy weapons? Don't you need to upgrade all of them?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

What do you mean by easy weapons? Don't you need to upgrade all of them?

 

there are more than 33 weapons in the game, 38 I believe. 33 normal weapons plus the 4 yorha-dlc and the one for ending e

 

for the trophy you only need 33 but it doesn't matter which ones

Edited by Alaquia
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played on normal with +25% item drop rate, and had no issues grinding any materials. The longest way Pyrite in the Barren Temple, took a couple of hours getting all that I needed for all weapons. 

I took all 38 to level 4, I'm at level 55 I think. I don't think the grind is horrible if you laser focus on the enemies you need and skip the rest. This is easier said than done perhaps in the Heap, but for stuff like the necklaces, I would just zoom to the four tall shades, farm, and zone in and out. 

That being said, it all all RNG, so everyone's experience will be different. I'm on my about 10th try for a white moonflower at this point (I'm too old and lazy to manipulate time zones to check, I just let them grow, haha), but weapons were easy. I think part of the game's message with a lot of these quests are, 'you're gonna work hard all your life for things you want. some will come easy, some will be hard, and some will never show up as you'd like.' just gotta roll with the stuff and keep at it I guess. Good luck to you all with the searches!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, gulox2 said:

I played on normal with +25% item drop rate, and had no issues grinding any materials. The longest way Pyrite in the Barren Temple, took a couple of hours getting all that I needed for all weapons. 

I took all 38 to level 4, I'm at level 55 I think. I don't think the grind is horrible if you laser focus on the enemies you need and skip the rest. This is easier said than done perhaps in the Heap, but for stuff like the necklaces, I would just zoom to the four tall shades, farm, and zone in and out. 

That being said, it all all RNG, so everyone's experience will be different. I'm on my about 10th try for a white moonflower at this point (I'm too old and lazy to manipulate time zones to check, I just let them grow, haha), but weapons were easy. I think part of the game's message with a lot of these quests are, 'you're gonna work hard all your life for things you want. some will come easy, some will be hard, and some will never show up as you'd like.' just gotta roll with the stuff and keep at it I guess. Good luck to you all with the searches!

For the Forlorn Necklaces I had no luck in Northern Plains. After more than an hour I had 0. Went to the top of the Lost Shrine and got the 3 I needed (along with the 30% item drop rate word) in like 40 minutes.

 

I don't know what being old has to do with the time zone manipulation. It is actually a very simple process.

Set it to the earliest one (-11 I think) and plant the 9 peach seeds leaving the in-betweens. Save the game and now go plant the 6 pink seeds in the spaces left (you do it this way because you get a chance per adjacent peach seed, so you only need to plant 6, making the process faster). Now go leave the area to the east, change the time zone to the furthest one (+12 i think) and go check your flowers. If there is a white, you are done. If there isn't you change the timezone back to -11 and load your game to try replanting the pink seeds.

 

By doing that I actually got 3 white flowers at the same time on me second try, lol. I was actually getting ready for the long ride because someone said it took them like 160ish tries o.o

Edited by AndresLionheart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.