PSA: This game is prone to crashing.

Quink666

21 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Had 3 crashes in total so far. Since there are no saves in this game that's a big issue. Avoid this like the plague. If you have as many crashes as me you can not possibly beat this game because of the no save stuff. This is with day one patch installed btw.

Very disappointing. Gameplay is a blast. 

hopefully it gets fixed

• Like 2

this seems like a very important issue so I'm almost positive Housemarque is aware of the problem and working to put out a patch. having a roguelike you can't quit out of and will crash unexpectedly? That's bad PR no one needs for their game.

• Like 3

Just had my 4th crash in total happened on the first boss for the 2nd time. Still wouldn't have beaten the boss even if i had no crash so not that annoying. But there are 4 more bosses after the first one. A friend is saying that he has had no crashes so far after about 2 hours of playtime. Will try and reinstall tomorrow and see what happens.

After reading on reddit this seems like it is happening to quite a few. Not a super active reddit and i already seen 5 people who had issues. Hopefully it get fixed fairly quickly.

Edited by Quink666

I've only played for about 30mins and had two crashes already. One immediately as the first combat encounter started, and the other when walking around the ship in first person for the first time. Very frustrating. I've had crashing issues in other games e.g. Demon's Souls but most notably the Resi 8 Maiden demo (that thing just... wouldn't... run), so maybe it's my console.

• Like 2

I've played for another 30mins or so. Crashed after about 10mins each time at different points. I even factory reset my console and installed only Returnal to see if that would help. It didn't. Completely unplayable. So frustrated. Not only was it a £70 purchase but I'm a huge Housemarque fan and was really looking forward to playing this. Submitted my refund request to Sony. 

• Like 1

I’ve had it a few times now where the game pretty much locks up and I cannot progress any further. Like the doors won’t open, teleports won’t activate, nothing works. Just running around in the area unable to do anything. Then when I close out and reopen the game or simply restart cycle, it works again. And without any of my gear because this game’s save system is terrible.

Going to stop playing for a few weeks until patched. Other than this, solid stuff.

• Like 3