PSA: This game is prone to crashing.

Quink666

I've heard a lot of anecdotes about crashes being caused by the preorder skins. Personally, I haven't used any skins and no crashes in my 4h, brother used skins had two. 

I would avoid using the skins for now until its confirmed

1 hour ago, Anagnost25 said:

I've heard a lot of anecdotes about crashes being caused by the preorder skins. Personally, I haven't used any skins and no crashes in my 4h, brother used skins had two. 

I'm using them and no crashes

7 hours ago, Cannibal_Wombat said:

I've played for another 30mins or so. Crashed after about 10mins each time at different points. I even factory reset my console and installed only Returnal to see if that would help. It didn't. Completely unplayable. So frustrated. Not only was it a £70 purchase but I'm a huge Housemarque fan and was really looking forward to playing this. Submitted my refund request to Sony. 

Seriously, this sounds like a faulty console.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anagnost25 said:

Yeah… I preordered the digital deluxe. Noticed it occurred once after using the fabrication machine before the first boss. Definitely happens at random other times though. Once literally in the first area with the crashed ship. Had to restart cycle as soon as I realized there was no leaving the area. Hopefully they fix it all soon.

I’ve racked up about 7 hours play time and (knock wood) no crashes at all as yet. I’ve been using a preorder skin too, disc version. 

Definitely don’t avoid like the plague. This game is damn addictive. 

Edited by OTPYG
  • Like 2

No crashes here but I've gotten stuck inside rooms cuz the doors don't want to open.  My last run ended because of that. ?

It has also happened when I tried a challenge run, the first room wouldn't open, so I had to restart.  Finally got it on the 3-4th try. 

Edited by Fr_0zt

Dang, no crashing on my end yet. The only issue I've had after around 8 hours is at one point I entered the crashed ship, left and was unable to interact with anything even the door to the first room upon leaving. I just reset my cycle (thankfully it was at the crash) and it worked. 

A crash would hurt bad after many biomes in 1 run.

Edited by RoxasOnFire
Spelling

5 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Dang, no crashing on my end yet. The only issue I've had after around 8 hours is at one point I entered the crashed ship, left and was unable to interact with anything even the door to the first room upon leaving. I just reset my cycle (thankfully it was at the crash) and it worked. 

A crash would hurt bad after many biomes in 1 run.

Did you take a nap on the bed before leaving the ship? If I spawn inside the ship, lay on the bed to see a dream, and then leave the ship… nothing works. And have to restart cycle. Which is then spawned outside the ship and everything works like normal. Learned this last night after it happened twice.

13 minutes ago, Tursinator said:

Did you take a nap on the bed before leaving the ship? If I spawn inside the ship, lay on the bed to see a dream, and then leave the ship… nothing works. And have to restart cycle. Which is then spawned outside the ship and everything works like normal. Learned this last night after it happened twice.

Yeah it happened to me again today after a nap in her bed. Also I did experience a crash when I went afk for like 20 mins. The gane said disconnected from online so I went online from the start menu and as soon as I went into the next room the game crashed. I lost quite a bit of porgress...

Edited by RoxasOnFire

Done a few runs, gotten to the first boss three times, just now had a crash as soon as I shot one of the eyestalk/searchlight creatures in the lead up room. Had a lot of crashes before when I was wearing the pre order suits, it had been completely stable since switching to the default. Don't know if it was because I used the ship bed twice, had teleported around a bit, or what. 

Wow, reading all these comments makes the decision to not include any saving seem even more shortsighted and dumb than it already is. 

I don't have a PS5 yet, but the anecdotes about a semi-unstable system in general combined with a punishing game AND no saving just seems so lame and lazy. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 11:14 AM, I-Reaped-U said:

Avoid like the plague? Dramatic much? 

No crashes for me yet in 6 hours or so. 

Extremely dramatic and hopefully nobody takes it seriously. 

If you want more games like this, you buy at launch and support the developer. They've already released three patch fixes, which have surely helped with crashes and other issues. My biggest worry is actually the rng for the collectibles.

• Like 3