Can PS4 disc owners already upgrade to the PS5 version?

Nope.

https://www.terminatorvideogame.com/post/1-update-on-terminator-resistance-free-ps5-upgrade

Update on Terminator: Resistance Free PS5 Upgrade
As you are likely aware, those who already own a PS4 copy of the game will be receiving a free upgrade for TERMINATOR: RESISTANCE ENHANCED on PS5, and we are very grateful to SONY’s PlayStation teams for assisting us in this upgrade project. 

However, as ENHANCED was developed after the release of the PS4 version, we have recently been informed that there is some additional work that needs to be done on SONY’s side to ensure that the upgrades from PS4 to PS5 happen smoothly. 

As of the moment, we have not been given a final date on when SONY will be able to complete this. As a result, there is a strong possibility that the PS4 to PS5 upgrade will not be available for the launch of TERMINATOR: RESISTANCE ENHANCED on April 30th and will follow a short time later. 

Please be assured that we are doing all we can to get this upgrade ready and available for you as soon as possible, and we will update you via our social media channels as progress develops.

Seems like they made an oopsie and didn't apply for the correct procedure, so it's taking longer for disc owners.

Edit: Yeah, I was able to upgrade just fine (EU).

Edited by NewDust

3 hours ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

Why is the PS4 physical still like 70$+? lol The game was like $16 digital...

et32iSh.png

lol, wth.

is the game even good??

The game is awesome, as a fan of Future Shock on PC many years ago, it's easily the best Terminator game ever made.

It's of course sadly pretty short and isn't well balanced, especially late game. There's tons of crafting but you can just ignore it and you will be fine, and once you get the plasma rifle mid game (or whatever it is called) that's pretty much all you need for the rest of the game.

It's not a particularly great or outstanding FPS game on the whole, but the music and atmosphere are spot on, the devs clearly put a lot of love into it.

I'd love to play through it again on PS5, if I had one.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

This will be my first test of disc region versus account region when trying to upgrade. I have the UK version of the disc since it was loads cheaper than the US version. I now wonder if that disc can be used for a free upgrade on a US account. 

I think you need to use an account from the same region as the disc to get the upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 10:57 AM, DrEvilGuapo said:

This will be my first test of disc region versus account region when trying to upgrade. I have the UK version of the disc since it was loads cheaper than the US version. I now wonder if that disc can be used for a free upgrade on a US account. 

Make a secondary UK on the PS5. Log-in to it UK account and redeem the free upgrade. Switch back to your US account and you can play the PS5 version. It works, I did it last week.

Edited by slavetothemind
added source
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9.8.2021 at 9:06 PM, HondaHoe said:

the PS4 version is listed on psn for $40 while the PS5 version is $50

does this mean that u don't get the free upgrade for the PS5 version anymore if u buy the PS4 version?

I e-mailed Reef Entertainment and this is the answer I got:

*Thank you for contacting us with your enquiry.

You are able to buy the PS4 version of the game and get the PS5 upgrade for free.

This will be an option available to you providing the game region is bought on the EU store and using a EU PSN account in this instance.

Thanks again, and have a good day.

Reef Entertainment Customer Support Team*

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kjalvaro said:

I e-mailed Reef Entertainment and this is the answer I got:

*Thank you for contacting us with your enquiry.

You are able to buy the PS4 version of the game and get the PS5 upgrade for free.

This will be an option available to you providing the game region is bought on the EU store and using a EU PSN account in this instance.

Thanks again, and have a good day.

Reef Entertainment Customer Support Team*

thx fo rthis

seems like the free upgrade isn't applicable in the NA store :(