Can PS4 disc owners already upgrade to the PS5 version?

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I bought the NA PS4 disc and was able to download the NA PS5 Enhanced version with no issues. 

yes but what if you want to buy the PS4 digital version? Do u get the PS5 version free? Based on how it is listed on the store, it does not seem to be the case 

20 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

yes but what if you want to buy the PS4 digital version? Do u get the PS5 version free? Based on how it is listed on the store, it does not seem to be the case 

I bought the PS4 digital version last year on sale and I have access to the PS5 version for free.

8 minutes ago, nickr_ said:

I bought the PS4 digital version last year on sale and I have access to the PS5 version for free.

yes I presume this is the case for existing customers who owned the PS4 version before the PS5 version released

i'nm asking for ppl like myself who never bought the PS4 version before. 

6 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

yes I presume this is the case for existing customers who owned the PS4 version before the PS5 version released

Given how it looks on the store, it doesn't appear to be an option as of now.

From Gamefaqs : "As Enhanced was developed after the release of the PS4 version, we have recently been informed that there is some additional work that needs to be done on Sony's side to ensure that the upgrades from PS4 to PS5 happen smoothly," it reads. "As of the moment, we have not been given a final date on when Sony will be able to complete this. As a result, there is a strong possibility that the PS4 to PS5 upgrade will not be available for the launch of Terminator: Resistance Enhanced on April 30th and will follow a short time later."

The safest bet would be to wait for the issue to be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30.8.2021 at 5:31 PM, HondaHoe said:

I'm on the same boat here. Never bought it and not sure which version to buy; the cheaper PS4-version and hope there is a free upgrade or the slightly more expensive PS5-version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

I'm still pretty sad that the DLC is not coming to PS4 version.

I do wonder if it has to do with a performance issue.  The end of the dlc has some stuff that I could see causing performance issues on a base PS4 and the only way they could've prevented it would've been to completely remove the part.  

33 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I do wonder if it has to do with a performance issue.  The end of the dlc has some stuff that I could see causing performance issues on a base PS4 and the only way they could've prevented it would've been to completely remove the part.  

That is indeed surely the reason. Still, I am surprised how many games are quick to drop the PS4 platform, PS5 has only been out about a year and still people are unable to buy one.

I remember the PS3 being supported for a quite years after PS4 was released, this is also weirdly apparent due to the fact PS4 Pro exists.

Sony stopped making PS4 pro this year, a total of four years. I mean, wow, why did anyone need to get a Pro, some 60fps framerates on a few games? (Which are now on PC)

Sony made the Vita console longer than they made the Pro.

I mean sure, the PS5 is out and we have a worldwide shortage of parts and a pandemic going on. I am not sure I even want a PS5 at this point, but I see PS4 support being dropped much quicker than I expected.

I really enjoyed playing this game on PS4, and a lot of people said that the gfx were just average, I thought they were great, but at times it did look like an incredible PS3 game, which is why it is seems a bit surprising that the DLC isn't coming to PS4, is the DLC so much more graphically superior to the base game?

12 hours ago, enaysoft said:

That is indeed surely the reason. Still, I am surprised how many games are quick to drop the PS4 platform, PS5 has only been out about a year and still people are unable to buy one.

I remember the PS3 being supported for a quite years after PS4 was released, this is also weirdly apparent due to the fact PS4 Pro exists.

Sony stopped making PS4 pro this year, a total of four years. I mean, wow, why did anyone need to get a Pro, some 60fps framerates on a few games? (Which are now on PC)

Sony made the Vita console longer than they made the Pro.

I mean sure, the PS5 is out and we have a worldwide shortage of parts and a pandemic going on. I am not sure I even want a PS5 at this point, but I see PS4 support being dropped much quicker than I expected.

I really enjoyed playing this game on PS4, and a lot of people said that the gfx were just average, I thought they were great, but at times it did look like an incredible PS3 game, which is why it is seems a bit surprising that the DLC isn't coming to PS4, is the DLC so much more graphically superior to the base game?

Not graphically, it has more to do with how much is on screen at one time in a few parts.  The end of the dlc has some stuff going on that I do wonder if it would've been more taxing on a PS4.  

In all honesty though, there probably was some sort of deal that Sony made or they just didn't have the budget to do multiple releases of it so they decided to do it for the more complete version.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Viper said:

So has anyone been able to officially confirm at this point if, in NA, we buy the Digital version on PS4, we get the PS5 version free? 

I can, since I bought it yesterday during the ongoing psn Christmas sale

bought the PS4 digital version for $14.99

after checkout the PS5 version said "free"

was able to download that version as well. even got a confirmation email from Sony for "purchasing" it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PayneKillerTears said:

I can, since I bought it yesterday during the ongoing psn Christmas sale

bought the PS4 digital version for $14.99

after checkout the PS5 version said "free"

was able to download that version as well. even got a confirmation email from Sony for "purchasing" it

Alright now the real question...what wizardry did you use to get the PS4 version for $15? It's $20 with the PS+ discount right now. :P 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Alright now the real question...what wizardry did you use to get the PS4 version for $15? It's $20 with the PS+ discount right now. :P 

my bad... just checked my email

I bought some other games as well, and one of those was 14.99

terminator was in fact 19.99

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/04/2021 at 8:37 AM, NewDust said:

Nope.

https://www.terminatorvideogame.com/post/1-update-on-terminator-resistance-free-ps5-upgrade

Seems like they made an oopsie and didn't apply for the correct procedure, so it's taking longer for disc owners.

Edit: Yeah, I was able to upgrade just fine (EU).

Are you a disc owner?