My PSN just got hacked...

Rubieno

"We monitor PSN account for any irregular activity. If such activity is detected we will sometimes reset passwords.

This was done purely as precautionary measure and there was no specific evidence that any accounts had be compromised.

Only a small number of users were affected by this and as I said this was precautionary so there is nothing specific to worry about.

I cant provide any further details as this would affect out ability to keep you guys safe.

If anyone has any concerns about there PSN account drop me a PM or give PlayStation Support a call.

You should also contact Support if you are unable to reset your password for any reason.

SFZ"

^ that's what was posted on the Sony forums by their support team. Happened to both me and my nephew, who lives in a different city. I'm not so sure that it was only a small number of people, but I'd rather them fail-safe the network by auto-resetting passwords in the event of another hack. It's a bit sh*t of Sony not to email the affected accounts and make them aware though. I just got home from work to this, and now I'm going to have to change my pants... <_<
Edited by Shinoda_2qx

Pretty much like everyone else just had to reset the password on Sonys website and I can sign it fine on the psn store website (haven't tried vita yet), thankfully I used my actual birth date on the account otherwise nope since most of the times I just scroll to January and a random day out of lazyness....ridiculous I know.

Pretty much like everyone else just had to reset the password on Sonys website and I can sign it fine on the psn store website (haven't tried vita yet), thankfully I used my actual birth date on the account otherwise nope since most of the times I just scroll to January and a random day out of lazyness....ridiculous I know.

Yep that's what I did. Picked a completely random date of birth a long time ago and now I've been chasing after PlayStation the whole day. Tonnes of calls and emails. Now my account has been locked and I still can't use it. Lesson here people. Don't lie. Or if you do, copy it down.

Edited by Herwest299

Happened to me just sfter platinuming oddworld on my vita. I tried to sync my trophies and got the same issue. Changed my password and it was sorted in two minutes. I don't think we need to worry too much, it seems to be a technical issue rather than something malicious.

i had this too , that means psn has been hacked ! change your E-mail address and password as fast as possible cuz i had friend lost his 45 platinum and level 20 last night  
protect your accounts by changing email is really good idea ! cuz the hacker already listed your email on his data base , and by changing your password to stronger password (!@#$%^&* ) this symbols would make it stronger  , and your email to another email would do the hardest thing for the hacker  

• Like 1

Wow I'm really scared in case this happens to me now, a couple of years back I had password issues and found that the date of birth I'd entered was incorrect. I eventually figured out the correct one but it took ages and depressed the hell out of me. I can't believe Sony would just do this and not tell anybody about it especially after the whole big hacking thing...