Wow someone has finished this game already

CraigAaron

As tough as the game can seemingly be, once you get a good run going you become pretty unkillable and you'll have a bunch of revive items/revive chamber. I just finished act 2 and according to my ships stats I've only had 5 deaths, I've defeated each boss in the game and they were each done on the first try; the one with the floating platforms to get to him in his final stage almost had me though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mst-Sgt-Peppa said:

As tough as the game can seemingly be, once you get a good run going you become pretty unkillable and you'll have a bunch of revive items/revive chamber. I just finished act 2 and according to my ships stats I've only had 5 deaths, I've defeated each boss in the game and they were each done on the first try; the one with the floating platforms to get to him in his final stage almost had me though!

Did you do all the side quests on each one? Sadly I just had a good run for but game crashed :( congratulations on your successful play through so far though

I would second that difficulty and time required to finish the game is probably overstated. Finished today with 19 deaths and 14 hours - a good 8-10 of those deaths were just throws because I didn't like the start of a run. Really not that bad imo. I would echo the same tips other people have given here. Also would avoid rest mode, since that seems to possibly be glitching some trophies for some players.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Aeonra said:

Oh wow... and then there is me 38 cycles to beat the first boss. At this point I doubt I will see the end of the game even.

i don't want to be rude, but yeah, looks like you might not be able to finish the game ?.

But perseverance is key, and playing will only make you get better! If you like it, you might die a lot, but with practice you should be able to go further in the story!

Edited by lesk8vaincra

This is the type of game where your mommy isn't there to hold your hand going to school and I LOVE IT! I love when games require an actual challenge and is skill-dependent. Seeing these little gamers complain and have hissy fits is the icing on top. You have to just get gud, period. 

8 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

beat the final boss in first try after almost 4h run.

The game needs a better progression system not everybody can't play that much with a break

4 hours only the last biome? 

Edited by breakXedge

1 hour ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

beat the final boss in first try after almost 4h run.

The game needs a better progression system not everybody can't play that much with a break

yeah I completely agree and I don't even have a PS5 yet but I kept my eye on this and when I found out you can't save it and it takes a while to complete a run (yes I know the whole point of the game is you can't save it and it has to be done in one sitting but they could have made it shorter) it instantly put me off it and I sadly doubt I'll be buying it now when I have a PS5.

Played the game on stream last night for the first time to show it off to some friends. Probably not the smartest of choices. It's definitely not the kind of game you should start with on stream when you don't know how the game works. Even worse when some of them are having completely different conversations about shit you don't care about when you're just trying to pay attention to the story.

Still, what a showcase of what the PS5 is capable of. People are definitely not overreacting about how good the haptics are in it. I think they're better than they were in Astro's Playroom. Less overkill, but still impactful. I love the alt fire. Sound effects and music are incredible. This is one of the best games I've played in a while.

Although, I think the lack of the saved progress is kind of the point behind the game... so people wanting that implemented in it... should probably look elsewhere, since adding it will go against what Housemarque wants this game to be. I love that this game is different. There are plenty of games out there for the people that want a self contained, linear journey. Returnal is definitely not that kind of game.