Update a Trophy List

BlindMango

5 hours ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Assumed as much, thanks though

The series aspect of the site is still in a public-beta state (in that you have access to it, but it is not integrated into the main site) the restrictions and rules are in place to standardize everything in hopes that the feature will become a full site feature. Maybe at that time, we can revisit instances where games can fall into multiple series, but for now one series per game is how we are going about it for this beta-state.

Now that GOTY is out, and some background things are moving forward in progress, you may see far more updates from me specifically as I resume work on the db and other things. I have been working on updates frequently, I just do not post about them, but for when I do directory sweeps, there will be updates as there have been in the past.

There are several updates that need to happen, to clean up leftover materials from 2020, the attentive might notice when that happens :ninja:

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 2

So I've posted here before (twice) and never got any response. It's been a few months since the last time so let's try again. There are three series that need changes, imo:

1. LEGO

The Vita games are completely different games. They do not belong in the same stages as the console versions.

2. Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate is not a series, it is an entry of the Science Adventure series, which also includes Chaos;Child, Chaos;Head, Robotics;Notes, Robotics;Notes DaSH, Occultic;Nine, and the various spin-offs and re-releases associated with those. 

3. Yakuza

Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2 HD are tied with Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2 - this makes no sense, as they are entirely different games. Meanwhile, if we look at the Ratchet & Clank series, Ratchet & Clank 2016 gets its own stage, separate from Ratchet & Clank, yet is this not the exact same situation as Yakuza? So why the difference?

4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

There are three series that need changes, imo:

1. LEGO

The Vita games are completely different games. They do not belong in the same stages as the console versions.

2. Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate is not a series, it is an entry of the Science Adventure series, which also includes Chaos;Child, Chaos;Head, Robotics;Notes, Robotics;Notes DaSH, Occultic;Nine, and the various spin-offs and re-releases associated with those. 

I’ve only played Batman 2 and Harry Potter 5-7 on multiple platforms, but honestly I wouldn’t say either of those were different enough to warrant their own stage. Sure, they’re not identical games but in terms of narrative they’re both pretty damn close

As for SciAdv, part of me is inclined to agree but another part feels it’s more accessible to leave them as separate lists. I know they have some elements of cross-over, but they’re also relatively stand-alone series (DaSH excluded!)

23 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

The Horned Knight stacks are EU and NA and the UltraGoodness 2 stacks are EU, NA and Asia for both platforms. You are correct about Pumpkin Jack, those stacks are EU and NA.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Sinuca Attack the NA version is actually the EU version ?. I think they are maybe the wrong way round. The EU one is definitely incorrectly labelled though.

Also so is the Valentine Head to Head break game. They are the wrong way round. EU / NA

Thanks guys 

Edited by Wolf_Town_Spider
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

Sinuca Attack the NA version is actually the EU version 1f607.png. I think they are maybe the wrong way round. The EU one is definitely incorrectly labelled though.

Also so is the Valentine Head to Head break game. They are the wrong way round. EU / NA

Thanks guys 

Fixed. It looks like Valentine's day was already switched. Let me know if you see otherwise (the list in your profile was EU when I checked which appeared to be correct).

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Fixed. It looks like Valentine's day was already switched. Let me know if you see otherwise (the list in your profile was EU when I checked which appeared to be correct).

Ah that one must of been fixed earlier. They are both correct now though thanks.

Hi! I have some suggestions for a few changes in a series completion list. 

The one im talking about is the Yakuza series completion list.

It would make much more sense to exclude the original Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku (Stage 2, non translated name: 龍が如く) from this stage to a different stage, since OG Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 1 Kiwami (and its three stacks) are completely different games and were remade from the ground up, not being comparable to the original game anymore. Its the same case with Yakuza 2/Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 (Stage 3, non translated name:龍が如く2). These are new games that changed so much in the remakes, that the originals and the remakes are no similar games anymore. A new stage for both games would make more sense, since this already happened (like the user Madbuk said here once too) with the Ratchet and Clank (2016) remake. 

Another thing that should be changed with the Yakuza series completion is adding Fist of the Northstar: Lost Paradise/北斗が如く. Its a spinoff to the Yakuza franchise made by RGGS, which is also supported by the announcement trailer for the game: 

My suggestion is keeping FOTNS:LP in the FOTNS series completion and adding it to the Yakuza series completion. 

Edited by The25thWard
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The25thWard said:

Hi! I have some suggestions for a few changes in a series completion list. 

The one im talking about is the Yakuza series completion list.

It would make much more sense to exclude the original Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku (Stage 2, non translated name: 龍が如く) from this stage to a different stage, since OG Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 1 Kiwami (and its three stacks) are completely different games and were remade from the ground up, not being comparable to the original game anymore. Its the same case with Yakuza 2/Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 (Stage 3, non translated name:龍が如く2). These are new games that changed so much in the remakes, that the originals and the remakes are no similar games anymore. A new stage for both games would make more sense, since this already happened (like the user Madbuk said here once too) with the Ratchet and Clank (2016) remake. 

Another thing that should be changed with the Yakuza series completion is adding Fist of the Northstar: Lost Paradise/北斗が如く. Its a spinoff to the Yakuza franchise made by RGGS, which is also supported by the announcement trailer for the game: 

My suggestion is keeping FOTNS:LP in the FOTNS series completion and adding it to the Yakuza series completion. 

We reviewed these suggestions several times, and we don't see any major differences between Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2 that would merit a new stage. The storylines, cutscenes, characters, city, etc. all look the exact same except with updated graphics. The game is extremely faithful to the originals and the similarities between them are uncanny.

Comparing this to R&C 2016 and the original is a moot point and irrelevant to Yakuza. The storylines between the R&C games are vastly different and are not faithful to the original like the Yakuza games. There are new characters, storylines, new cutscenes, etc. that clearly differentiates it from the original. R&C 2016 is more comparable to something like Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 7 remake or the original RE games with the recent remakes. It does not belong in this discussion.

The FoTNS game is going to stay in the FoTNS series. At this time, each game can only be in a single series, and it makes more sense for a FoTNS game to be in the FoTNS series on title alone. This is not being considered at all.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Lost Wing series's Country informations are wrong.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12003-lost-wing EU(X) -> AS (I bought it with HK account)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11167-lost-wing US(O) (I bought it with US account)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12001-lost-wing (No Info.) -> JP (I bought it with JP account)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11166-lost-wing (No Info.) -> EU (I bought it with EU account)

• Like 2

It seems odd that Star Ocean: First Departure R is Stage 5 considering it's a remake of the first game in the series. It should be Stage 1. 
https://psnprofiles.com/series/124-star-ocean

On 04/03/2021 at 6:25 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The game is extremely faithful to the originals and the similarities between them are uncanny.

Spoken like someone who never played the originals. ? The remakes may hit most of the same story beats, but there are some deviations, and as a whole they're vastly different games from the originals. But even so, I think it's fine having a combined stage of Yakuza 1/2 and Kiwami 1/2. I do think it's a bit of double standard to let Final Fantasy VII Remake have its own stage separate from the original though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It seems odd that Star Ocean: First Departure R is Stage 5 considering it's a remake of the first game in the series. It should be Stage 1. 
https://psnprofiles.com/series/124-star-ocean

Spoken like someone who never played the originals. 1f61b.png The remakes may hit most of the same story beats, but there are some deviations, and as a whole they're vastly different games from the originals. But even so, I think it's fine having a combined stage of Yakuza 1/2 and Kiwami 1/2. I do think it's a bit of double standard to let Final Fantasy VII Remake have its own stage separate from the original though.

I won't lie to you. I haven't played them! Haha. ? I did watch a couple of YT videos that compared the two games. Both Dreggit and I watched and thought they were close enough to stay in the same stage.

These were not short either and were very detailed, and I have probably spent more time researching Yakuza games over the past month than I should. Lol.

I will take a look at the Star Ocean series tomorrow, but from a quick look, it appears you are correct.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I personally do not enjoy the constant back and forth regarding this particular item of interest. As a team, we three came to an agreement regarding the decision, and we presented our conclusion to the community. As fans, you are allowed an opinion, but as staff, we have made our descision. Accept it or not, the community needs to respect the descision.

• Like 1