Update a Trophy List

BlindMango

Seems ALL of the ACA NEOGEO titles have been mislabeled "Arcade Archives <Game Title>" instead of the official "ACA NEOGEO <Game Title>". It's pretty annoying when trying to search for these on the site since most won't show up when you search for their official name. On your trophy list on console they will also show up as ACA NEOGEO so I see no reason whatsoever to actively change their official branding and no other site changes that either. 

Hamster has a different page for this series and does not group them with Arcade Archives:

ACA NEOGEO | HAMSTER Corporation

PSN calls them ACA NEOGEO and will not show them if you search for Arcade Archives:

Official PlayStation™Store US

I can copy-paste links to the games which have been mislabeled if anyone who handles this wants but it may be a waste of time if this has been done intentionally. I can't see why it has been done though and it should be changed.

Edited by iriihutoR84

I have been doing a multi-folder for all my trophies (images downloaded from the Playstation.com official site from my profile). And now that I'm renaming all image files, I run into 1 that's wrong on PSNProfiles.

Game:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2348-broken-sword-5-the-serpents-curse-episode-1/Han_the_Dragon

On PSNProfiles both the "Chasing your tail" and "The mystery deepens" have the same image, but the image of "The mystery deepens" is different.

The image below is the correct image of that trophy.

AFF682C6C0466E84CC5AFA8F5705C683794DE082

• Like 1

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12840-39-days-to-mars is Chinese. https://store.playstation.com/zh-hans-cn/product/HP1273-CUSA18412_00-MARS000000000001

On 6/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

Seems ALL of the ACA NEOGEO titles have been mislabeled "Arcade Archives <Game Tit

Ah, I was wondering why there was so many Arcade Archives in that series. 

5 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Ah, I was wondering why there was so many Arcade Archives in that series. 

The Arcade Archives series is huge either way and one can even say that the ACA NEOGEO games are part of it. The issue is that "Arcade Archives" is not part of the official name for any of the games in the ACA NEOGEO series. Removing ACA NEOGEO and instead of it adding Arcade Archives is kind of like if this site would change the name for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! to "Final Fantasy: Every Buddy!" because it is arguably part of the Final Fantasy series.

If you search the Games section on PSNP for "ACA NEOGEO" then you will get a list of only maybe 20 out of 100+ games in the series because these 20 games are lucky enough to have "ACA NEOGEO <Game Title>" listed under "Other Names". The problem is that it is not just another name, it is the official title for the games as they appear on the PSN store, on your trophy list on console and everywhere else. They do not have "Arcade Archives" as part of their name.

This is what it looks like on console, Contra is an Arcade Archives game and Zed Blade and Samurai Shodown III are ACA NEOGEO titles and everything is labelled correctly:

InEriap.png (1318×748) (imgur.com)

This is what those same games look like on PSNP, Contra is correctly labelled Arcade Archives while the ACA NEOGEO titles have their names changed for no reason:

h1HnIQD.png (1030×375) (imgur.com)

What makes perfect sense:

"ACA NEOGEO <Game Title>" with optionally having "Arcade Archives" under Other Names. This is the official title.

What almost makes sense but is pointless:

"Arcade Archives NEOGEO <Game Title> with "ACA NEOGEO" under Other Names.

What makes zero sense:

The current "Arcade Archives <Game Title>" while removing NEOGEO.

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Are you sure about that? There are 2 lists for every other game they've put out recently ?.

Recently YES, but not all releases.

Baseball and Space 2 shares one list and have been fixed already.

Haven't played them. But if they weren't shared someone would have posted about it being a non-syncing list by now.

Anyhow, I see it's fixed now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dzstrpc said:

Recently YES, but not all releases.

Baseball and Space 2 shares one list and have been fixed already.

Haven't played them. But if they weren't shared someone would have posted about it being a non-syncing list by now.

Anyhow, I see it's fixed now.

Thank you for the correction :).

The Mars: Horizon list needs rescanning please, because a new DLC was recently added :).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Just as a reminder to everyone, as I have made such a reminder in the past, if we have not updated the game yet (identifiable by the lack of image assets in the most recent trophy lists... list) then it is likely that such obvious and simple updates are going to be implemented when we update it and so do not need to be constantly brought up. As I have said in the past, please allow us time to make updates to newly released games before making suggestions on what does or does not need to be changed, since odds are, if it is an obvious thing to do, we are going to do the thing you were going to say anyway in the natural update process.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

I can't see why it has been done though and it should be changed.

Since the vast majority of those items are before the current teams time, it would be more productive to ask Mango.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 0:34 PM, lew said:

Suggestion for a new series, Iron Man. 
Would be made up of these 2 games: 
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/285-iron-man-2
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11003-marvels-iron-man-vr

I personally don't really see any reason against it, but I'll leave that up to you. 

I don't see a reason against it either. Done.

22 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

You got it. Done.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12994-brigandine-the-legend-of-runersia and https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11502-brigandine-the-legend-of-runersia are not linked together. Can @HuntingFever tell what the regions are? I think one is western, while other is Asia?

Initially I thought they were EU and NA but it now looks like they are EU and Global ?.

EDIT: The Vermintide 2 list needs rescanning please, because a new DLC was just added :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I have a question that I don't know were to post, but maybe here someone can tell me what I need..

As I mentioned a bit ago, I'm doing my own trophy "collection" offline and I need all images in the max resolution possible. The official Playstation site was my source for them and I could download all images for a singlegameat once by doing "save as" on the trophy list page of the game. But now that was discontinued and the only place where I know that have the images at that resolution is PSNProfiles core link for each image (that can only be accessed by entering the individual trophy page).

I assume that PSNProfiles gets the images directly from PSN and I was wondering if there's any external way to access and get "all trophy images for a trophy list" from PSN.

By the way, resolution is 240x240. On all other trophy sites they have lower resolution even at the image core link. Only PSNProfiles stores them at 240x240 and then resizes them for the various places where they show up. 

11 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I have a question that I don't know were to post, but maybe here someone can tell me what I need..

As I mentioned a bit ago, I'm doing my own trophy "collection" offline and I need all images in the max resolution possible. The official Playstation site was my source for them and I could download all images for a singlegameat once by doing "save as" on the trophy list page of the game. But now that was discontinued and the only place where I know that have the images at that resolution is PSNProfiles core link for each image (that can only be accessed by entering the individual trophy page).

I assume that PSNProfiles gets the images directly from PSN and I was wondering if there's any external way to access and get "all trophy images for a trophy list" from PSN.

By the way, resolution is 240x240. On all other trophy sites they have lower resolution even at the image core link. Only PSNProfiles stores them at 240x240 and then resizes them for the various places where they show up. 

owendswang has the trophy images in max resolution. 

@BlindMango This is a tricky one. Since PSNProfiles removed all developer PS5 trophysets (aside from Sackboy/Destruction), there has now been a user with one of them synced. https://psnprofiles.com/zionseeker has a developer trophyset, as noted here: xcLnryV.png

The game in question is this: U859FZN.png and I believe this to be Hardware: Rivals for PS5, as the game does have updates -- at least for the beta. EescmrA.png

So could this game be added back to PSNProfiles, considering we now know it has an owner?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

owendswang has the trophy images in max resolution. 

@BlindMango This is a tricky one. Since PSNProfiles removed all developer PS5 trophysets (aside from Sackboy/Destruction), there has now been a user with one of them synced. https://psnprofiles.com/zionseeker has a developer trophyset, as noted here: 

So could this game be added back to PSNProfiles, considering we now know it has an owner?

Mango has no power or control over what is or is not removed from the site. It is exclusively Sly's decision on whether or not to do so. While, we, the GIT team, can recommend that unreleased, cancelled and dev lists be removed, formally, it is only by Sly's call that it is done so. These games, by all rights, should not be synchable. To get these lists requires exporting files from a dev console to a retail console, which may, or may not, void something within a confidentiality contract or whatever since these files should not be distributed publicly.

Now, whether or not Sly can restore a game once removed...? :dunno:Probably possible, but he's never had to do so before, so who knows. I know that there are some issues when reverting changes on the back end for things such as metadata and asset media and it is possible that to revert the game back to the site might cause some kind of problem... :hmm: hard to really know, only Sly can answer that question.

11 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Game series: Edna & Harvey

Harvey's New Eyes

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout (NA)

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout (EU)

Thank you! :)

created

On 6/30/2021 at 9:38 PM, Leenewbe said:

created

• Like 3