Update a Trophy List

BlindMango

5 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

So, I just wanted to post here on the back of @GravityQueeenstatus update, but a lot of games have had remastered, definitive edition, complete edition removed from their titles recently and I wondered why?  Especially as it seems to be inconsistent as there seem to be a handful of games that retained their "remastered" titles.

This is the stupid reason.

They literally ruined The Last of Us Remastered, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered, BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition and so on...

• Like 3

I for one was happy to see the remastered / definitive editions etc removed from the titles. I've always thought it looked clunky when I was viewing my list, especially with the Uncharted games. But my opinion always was that rather than not display them at all, the editions be listed in the same way a region is, with the edition in grey, next to the title, and slightly smaller. I just find it a bit of an eye sore in its current state. I appreciate people want to be able to differentiate between the games, and I do think there should be something signifying that. But in cases like Grim Fandango, where it is like literally the only version you can get trophies on, is it really necessary to slap Remastered on the end?

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Looks like game titles have been reverted to original form with "Remastered" in them. 1f44d.png

Although I'm happy to hear it, Mark of the Ninja and God of War III (PS4) are still missing the word "Remastered".

-----

I also think the words/phrases "remastered", "definitive edition", "redux", etc. should be retained. :)

• Like 3

The Trophy Card 2 image for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds incorrectly uses key art from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (this gorgeous image). Here are a few possible replacements I put together quickly from original MvC3 art.

https://imgur.com/a/1JjlY6D

They're at the correct resolution but if you'd like them bigger (or some different/better images) I can adjust them and try again!

Edited by liammill18
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

God of War 3 Remastered fixed, awesome!

It was originally written God of War III Remastered, without colon. But, the other game I mentioned above was written Mark of the Ninja: Remastered, with colon.

Nonetheless, I don't think we should set a standard here, best to keep them that way. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Asia PS5 and JP PS4 lists are non-syncers, which is why there's a disparity.

I just bought the Japanese version and played the ps4 version first just long enough to get 1 trophy and then synced it to the site. It shows up as asian ps4. So its def incorrect on here. Also the game isnt even on the asian store at all.

21 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

GTA Vice City, III, & San Andreas's Definitive Editions haven't been reverted.

Just a few more games with Definitive Edition that haven't yet been reverted

SÖLDNER-X 2: FINAL PROTOTYPE

All 3 PS4 region versions of Mafia

Mafia II

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Dishonored PS4 version

PS4 versions of Sleeping Dogs

This version of Castlestorm

I cross referenced these with other sites to be 100% sure

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Camokidd87 said:

I just bought the Japanese version and played the ps4 version first just long enough to get 1 trophy and then synced it to the site. It shows up as asian ps4. So its def incorrect on here. Also the game isnt even on the asian store at all.

In that case, I stand corrected :).

19 hours ago, shary96 said:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut (PS4) - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3645-shantae-riskys-revenge-directors-cut/

Added new languages.

New languages can't be added to trophy lists at this time, due to an issue on the back end.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I believe all the ones that were changed in the past few days have been reverted, I'm not sure who did that but it should be good now. The titles we altered over the past years likely won't be changed though. The reason for this is because there are actually vocal people on both sides who want "Remastered" and "X Edition" removed from *all* game titles, then you have people who want it to be part of every single game title.

I strong believe if Developers gives their game the name they want, sites like this must respect the name without altering it. It makes a difference, whether it's good or not.

Also, there are still games with their titles modified.

Edited by LastRideII
  • Like 3

On 1/16/2022 at 1:12 PM, BlindMango said:

I believe all the ones that were changed in the past few days have been reverted...

I've gotten a ton of complaints over the last few days about this, and one of them was forwarded to the GIT team before I checked the thread here. 

My two cents: I largely agree with the first half your statement, but disagree with the latter. I think the devs/Sony's official game name should always try to take precedent when it comes to games having "editions" IF there's any kind of difference to the game itself, however minor. When there's discrepancies, an attempt should be made to understand if the inclusion of the "edition/remaster" is officially part of the title, a marketing scheme / bundle tactic, and most importantly, if there's major (or possibly minor) differences in the game itself.

•  If a new edition does share the previous trophy list, the original title should always take precedent, regardless of anything else.

•  If a new edition doesn't share the same trophy list, and has an "Editions" XMB title, and has any changes to the game itself (with exception to graphics/framerate updates), including updates to in-game title, new content added, various content removed, or changes in the trophies themselves, the newer title should take precedence. 

•  If a new edition doesn't share the same trophy list, and has an "Editions" XMB title, but the game itself is otherwise completely unchanged to the original, other than graphical upscaling & frame rate increases, then a judgement call should be made (since there's a discrepancy in the actual game title vs the trophy list title.)

Random examples I'm semi-familiar with. 

(Note: I make these examples not knowing what the official Sony naming is on some of them, so keep that in mind, but this is more or less what I think the best policy is otherwise.)

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition (PS4)

The game includes the words GOTY in the in-game title and XMB, and has slight changes in the game itself, such as an easter egg not present in the original. This should be renamed to "Game of the Year Edition" on PSNP, since that's the official title.

Darksiders Warmastered Edition (PS4)

The game is officially listed in the XMB with "Warmastered Edition" (I think?), but is unchanged otherwise, other than minor gfx enhancements. This should be a judgement call by the team. Personally, I'd remove the editions mention, as there's a discrepancy between the in-game title, trophy list, and marketed name, so I'll assume it's a marketing tactic only with minor updates to function on the newer consoles better.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

The single player game is mostly the same, but the multiplayer game and trophies are altered somewhat. Since the in-game title is also updated on purpose (and in XMB), it should be kept as is on PSNP.

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition (PS4)

The game is officially listed in the XMB with "Deathinitive Edition". There's also changes to the game itself, a new difficulty, and changes to the trophies. The game should be renamed to "Deathinitive Edition" on PSNP.

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (PS3 Physical Discs)

There's only one trophy list for both the standard and GOTY editions available. The original name "Fallout 3" should take precedence, since the GOTY edition is really only advertising that its a bundle with all DLC included. It's currently correct on PSNP.

GTA Trilogy - Definitive Editions (PS4/PS5)

The new versions are listed in the XMB as "Trilogy - Definitive Edition", and there's changes to the games themselves, trophy tactics, and differences to modernize controls, etc (for better or worse), so the games names should be changed as such on PSNP.

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

The game's in-game title is updated, minor gameplay additions are introduced, and there's a new trophy not included in the other versions, as well as existing trophy grades being altered, so the game title should be reverted to include Apocalypse Edition on PSNP.

Minecraft (PS3, Vita, PS4)

The box art and in-game title screen on all three editions mention the console edition you're playing on. This one's more confusing, but the PS3/Vita games have different gameplay modes from the PS4 Bedrock Edition, such as the "Editions Battle Mode" in the legacy games, and crossplay/servers in the PS4 version. They should be identified as Playstation 3 Edition, Playstation Vita Edition for the PS3/Vita accordingly on PSNP (even if the platform tag already does so, since they're still technically "different" games, especially since the PS4 version has different trophies now.)

Final Fantasy VIII (8) Remastered (PS4)

The official game name includes the word "Remastered". It should probably be renamed to include "Remastered" on PSNP.

These are just some games I'm familiar with and my thought process here.

People may be upset, but they're not really entitled to what a game's actual name is.

As far as searching for guides, I would personally think casual gamers would just search for what the name of their game actually is, specifically because there might be updates or changes, or they wouldn't know any better. Trophy hunters would probably know how to optimize searches already. I understand the desire to streamline the site to make things as user friendly as possible, but the site itself should be updated to minimize navigational / functionality issues while keeping things as official as possible, instead of the other way around; creating custom game title names (even if they're almost the same) to cater to PSNP's back-end.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3