Update a Trophy List

BlindMango

14 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

@Dreggit

Also https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15562-1993-space-machine might not be Japanese-only now, as there's a release on NA store https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6445-CUSA40642_00-0155554944344177 Needs looking into to confirm @HuntingFever

I'll add this to the confirmation needed section of the non-syncing trophies thread but I have a feeling the list might be shared, since the existing one has a US player in it.

41 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Can someone fix Tale of Onogoro? Been almost 3 days since I reported the region mistag.

I've updated it now. I've been occupied with more pressing site issues of late, sorry.

As for banners, I plan to update all missing banners by the end of this month for all games so we can stop getting reports for that. If someone would like to update an existing banner for something potentially better, they can message me privately and we'll go over it, just keep in mind banner width needs to be a minimum of 1920 pixels, otherwise it will be stretched and distorted through conversion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Can someone fix Tale of Onogoro? Been almost 3 days since I reported the region mistag.

I forgot to get back to you on that one - I was holding off there because wasn't sure that the JP list was also the NA list because the NA profiles that played that list didn't always stick to their region with other games on their profiles. I see now one of the profiles with no trophies earned in the list is strictly NA so that's probably correct

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I forgot to get back to you on that one - I was holding off there because wasn't sure that the JP list was also the NA list because the NA profiles that played that list didn't always stick to their region with other games on their profiles. I see now one of the profiles with no trophies earned in the list is strictly NA so that's probably correct

6 hours ago, Dreggit said:

I've updated it now. I've been occupied with more pressing site issues of late, sorry.

As for banners, I plan to update all missing banners by the end of this month for all games so we can stop getting reports for that. If someone would like to update an existing banner for something potentially better, they can message me privately and we'll go over it, just keep in mind banner width needs to be a minimum of 1920 pixels, otherwise it will be stretched and distorted through conversion.

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 3:30 PM, BlindMango said:

Ah yeah, this was one of the early PS3 that came out before Sony integrated separated DLC trophies, so the devs just basically added trophies to the base trophy list. Years ago Sly went in and split off each of these early games into organized DLC blocks on the site, but they still remain a single trophy list on PSN.

I think in this case what may be happening is the "King of Brain!" trophy came with the original list when the game released, but since the devs added the expansion, that trophy from that point on required the expansion training games too. Then I think "The One of the Card Game" wasn't in the trophy list originally (which is why it's next to all the other "DLC" trophies) and they added that trophy the same time they added the expansion.

Either way, the fix would require Sly going into the code to change the DLC trophy list to say "Additional Trophies" or move the trophies out of the order they are seen on PSN, which I would bet may be more trouble than its worth in this case :hmm:

Decided to look into it a bit more and Brain Challenge in particular is an especially weird case where the DLC trophies are just outright a part of the main list from the start, as proven by some very pissed off hunters circa-2009 who initially thought that King of Brain! was bugged and that the Time Attack and Snatch Game had to be unlocked in-game somehow or were perhaps part of some (nonexistent) physical release. This would also explain why A, the game was able to break the 285-315 point range for base PSN games so early on (namely it didn't; it always had 315 points) and B, the trophies are sorted the way they are instead of all of the DLC trophies being shunted to the end of the list.

In this case, I suppose one could argue that if anything, the five additional trophies should just not be considered a DLC pack at all in the same vein that say, the Eye of Judgement plat doesn't have any DLC trophies marked despite the Set 2/3 DLCs being required for plat.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I'm currently playing the PsVita game Tearaway, and I'm wondering why it isn't part of the Tearaway series along with its Ps4 remake, Tearaway Unfolded.

The way I see it, it is because both are actually the same game with an added subtitle for the PS4 version and different trophies. I view the PS4 version as a repackage.

Their trophy lists should be linked, I think.

3 hours ago, zizimonster said:

The way I see it, it is because both are actually the same game with an added subtitle for the PS4 version and different trophies. I view the PS4 version as a repackage.

Their trophy lists should be linked, I think.

yes, they should be linked, but not in a series

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2023 at 2:54 AM, BlindMango said:

I rescanned the trophy list but they didn't change, so I checked these lists on PSN itself and it looks like these are the images that were set for the North American version of the lists, which appears to be the one the site is using

Ohh I see... it's an icon based on the region you're playing. Like IQ instead of Kurushi.

It happens with Jumping Flash, but now, most recently, with Legend of Dragoon ? it's unfortunate we can select which icon we want to use in our profile...

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/21108-living-with-horses-my-horse-farm is, weirdly, the same as https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11525-my-riding-stables-2-a-new-adventure and should be linked and added to series.

My Riding Stables 3 needs to be included in the series as well.

Edited by BlindMango