I don’t want dlc to count for my percentage

liek others have said sadly no way arround it then doing the dlc realy sucks in general because asside fom the fact dlc is unethical anyway if you ask me it made me NOT play a lot of games because I wouldnever able to get 100% (I dont buy dlc period )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

...unethical? Really? Free DLC for a game adding in cut content from the original is unethical? I can understand for some games, but the N. Sane Trilogy literally includes two free DLC, for Crash 1 & Crash: Warped.

if you need to add it the game wasnt complete plain and simple if you have an physicla game and it has dlc the disc/card is practickly useless because the game is incomplete.  now free dlc I can at least accept but p[paid dlc is bullcrap and anyone defending it as a good thing I cnat take serieus.

what capcom does for example with 1 of their game compilations you can buy cheats like invincibility. that should have either been in the game from the start or never.  and that goes from al dlc  pretty much if its paid dlc at least free dlc I am  less against but still far  from a suportor

2 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This response is one of those moments where you can literally see the thread train about to derail, but you can't bring yourself to look away 1f602.png

nah wasnt planning to start a discusion or anyhg my oppinion is impopulair anyway so there is no point

I leave it at that

What's the buzz about not being 100% because of a DLC release?

I stacked my Crash Bandicoot series and later, they released a new DLC for Crash 3, an uninteresting level imo. Yes, I was pissed back in the day because those trophies were pointless. But again, the game is at 94%, it doesn't destroy my rate significantly to care about it. You should think the same.

If you're aiming for an 100% account... Good luck, games nowadays get a new DLC pack after a year or more, including Indie Games (like Crash 3, A Hat in Time, Moving Out and Two Point Hospital)... So you never know... 

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 3

well, you're not going to like the answer but too bad, no you can't do anything about it and you shouldn't be able to do anything about it, this is nothing new, you should've known this can happen and make a decision beforehand, wait for the game support to die down and see if it gest dlc next time

• Like 1

All and any dlcs being free or not are "unethical" imo cause it adds to ur overall completion % regardless you wanted it or not. Yea I may just NOT want it, why add it to my trophies? I never bought it so why add it ?

Since few games started to "intentionally" drop ur percentage bellow 50% with the addition of 10+ dlcs so when you look at it you see you haven't even done half of the game even though you've gotten platinum but it's at 47, 48 or 49%. Heck I don't remember what game on ps3 that I gotten 39% or so when I got the plat, maybe L.A. Noire. Don't know how much it would be for these "most rewarding" games like Driveclub and Payday 2.

But I'll give you two examples: one regarding Crash 1, and this one free dlc ruind the 100% profile my friend was maintaining for years and ended any hope for him to "complete" that game cause he loves Crash so much and was waiting for it for years n he added it to his game list right away, then he was very mad and upset when he knew about the addition of "relics" and the trophies require getting gold relic on every level but he was trying for weeks to beat that bridge level and when the dlc came, it destroyed any hopes for hime, he was completely broken yeah for real. He gave up on trophy hunting after that and now he plays stupid teamdeath matches online over n over again.

The other example is this new "free" update for Genshin Impact which require you to complete floor 12 of the spiral abyss. Well you see this F2P game and this trophy require that you play for years to get the best characters or to pay huge amount of $ to get the 100%. It's really unpleasant and unethical, why ruin my % like this ?

4 minutes ago, F1rstinFlight said:

Unethical? Do you even know what that word means? Developers do not care about trophy hunter completionists. They are such a small minority of the market they don’t even consider them as an afterthought. If you care about completion percentage then learn to enjoy the process of going after dlc. Dlc often adds a much greater challenge, or the only challenge, that trophy lists offer. This makes the whole process more rewarding.

Greedness is something ethical ?

Enjoy what my bud ? Playing only 1 game for years ? I wanna play other games as well, my backlog is nearing 300 games.

The other thing is u shld know what I'm talking about. This game is not about challenge, it's about $ money "Pay to Win".

15 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

mmm not the best analogy. For instance, a lot of DLCs aren't free and some are downright expensive (COD). Should a player be penalised for not spending extra money on a DLC they may not even want? There are some games that I like enough to platinum but not enough to buy DLCs and spend more money and time with.  IMO DLCs should only count towards 100% when trophy progress has visibly been made in the DLC. You can't complete something you technically don't own.

Yeah that's the unethical side I meant.

Also the majority of people won't like a dlc being free but extremely challenging at the same time.

As for me personally I don't care about my percentage for every game I play. Not everthing these devs throw at us is enjoyable.

Option 1 - DLC “dilutes” the overall game percentage, meaning stopping at the platinum will earn you less than 100%

Option 2 - DLC is added on top of the original percentage, meaning you get 100% for the platinum but then end up with (for example) 120% once you’ve finished all the DLC

Option 3 - There is no option 3...

Both of the first two options end up pissing off some people, but the first makes a whole lot more sense mathematically

• Like 1

dlc have trophies.. because if they didn't much less people would purchase dlc. and it's a way for them to make money off us. I don't mind dlc if the dlc is good, but you can never tell what dlc will be like so in my case much of the time, i only buy games after all dlc has come out and i know exactly what im getting in for.

• Like 2