I don’t want dlc to count for my percentage

You're all about to eat me alive. ?

Hey I just said my opinion on the matter weither you like it or not that's up to you n this little game of "upvotting" ur own replys don't work with me.

I have said nothing wrong, it IS unfair to include trophies on someone's list that he don't own (just like including another game he never owned) and many can't aford to buy all these dlc's and that's a sign of GREEDNESS from Sony and company side.

• Like 1

This thread reads like a time capsule from 10 years ago, it's incredible.

Insomniac in particular should be ashamed of their greed, releasing Ratchet & Clank in such an unfinished state. If they really cared they would have held off another 5 years to include the PS5 enhancement patch at launch. "For the players" indeed ?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It’s like you didn’t even read all the logical replies and tried to make it personal instead of actually discussing the topic and explaining the logic behind your stance. 

Yeah I didn't read n I won't read n u know logic n honesty is on my side. Now go upvote ur own reply.

This thread is 3 days old with only 46 replies when I left at noon, 10 hours later n there is 83 new replies (doesn't it seem weird).

If u want a reply just tell me ur point in few lines and tell me what did I say wrong in the above reply.

10 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

This thread reads like a time capsule from 10 years ago, it's incredible.

Insomniac in particular should be ashamed of their greed, releasing Ratchet & Clank in such an unfinished state. If they really cared they would have held off another 5 years to include the PS5 enhancement patch at launch. "For the players" indeed ?

Yea see these bunch of (....) who they're defending. If there is only one definition to the word "greed" it would be: Gaming companies.

• Like 1

I just love how he keeps stating the word “GREEDNESS.”  At first, I thought it was a typo.  Apparently not ?

Anyway, if you don’t find the DLC worthwhile, don’t buy it.  It is as simple as that.  

• Like 2

Guy is seriously implying everyone here is somebody's alt created solely to upvote each other's comments? LMAO. That Seymour Skinner meme about being out of touch has never felt so relatable until now.

But yeah, I just knew this was gonna become a shitshow from the moment it was moved to somewhere where more people would see it. Too predictable... oh, well.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I just love how he keeps stating the word “GREEDNESS.”  At first, I thought it was a typo.  Apparently not 1f602.png

Anyway, if you don’t find the DLC worthwhile, don’t buy it.  It is as simple as that.  

Yea I'm not a native English speaker, isn't that obvious ? Now suit yourself I guess ? That's a correct sentence ?

You should also know this argument is not about "me" not finding dlc's worthwhile.

5 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Guy is seriously implying everyone here is somebody's alt created solely to upvote each other's comments? LMAO. That Seymour Skinner meme about being out of touch has never felt so relatable until now.

But yeah, I just knew this was gonna become a shitshow from the moment it was moved to somewhere where more people would see it. Too predictable... oh, well.

No I think this site is populated with devs. I can be sure when my post is gonna get upvoted .. yea you got right it's when I'm gonna praise any game.

4 minutes ago, AyeOfReach said:

No I think this site is populated with devs. I can be sure when my post is gonna get upvoted .. yea you got right it's when I'm gonna praise any game.

In a thread of ridiculous takes, you're the gift that keeps on giving. Now it's devs that are replying to you, apparently.

Again, tossing each and every single DLC on the "greed" pile is just silly. Are some DLCs little more than cash grabs? Absolutely. Are there tons more that are phenomenal additions to their base games? Hell yeah. Some of the best things that I've played have been DLCs: Burial at Sea, The Old Hunters, Dark Souls 1, 2 & 3 DLC, Deus Ex's A Criminal Past, Prey's Mooncrash... the list is extensive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I think the only example of greed I can think of related to DLC doesn't come from a company that makes DLC, after all, it's a company, their entire existence is to generate revenue.

The greed I see is in the mentality of people who think that whatever they want should come at whatever cost they want. If DLC comes out costing money, then you either want it or you don't. The company created another product that is an extension of their existing product. Just because you gave money for part of the product and "completed" all of the base product, doesn't mean any additional products that come out related to the base are included. They're more products, put out by a company to generate more money, just like they got for their base product.

If you're a completionist in 2021, that's the artificial parameter you put on yourself and your issue to deal with. If you think DLC is too expensive, another parameter you put on yourself and your issue to deal with. The companies who are putting out DLC are doing it because they want more products out there to buy and they're telling you, with your self-imposed rules, that you are not their intended customer. No need to bring hurt feelings into it, it's all business. You owe them nothing, they definitely owe you nothing.

As far as DLC counting for percentage, DLC is content for a game. It's downloadable (hence the DL), but it's still part of the game. To complete a game (for a completion percentage) it's only logical to include all of the content for a game, not just part of it. Again, if you have personal parameters you put on yourself as to how you spend your money or play games, you put those rules on yourself. Be an informed consumer and know what you're spending your money on. 

So I've just read the most logical high rated response n I found it a copy of my own response:

Neither do I and like we all know it's not in Sony's favor nor in the other companies' to do so. I'm not complaining really. It's just someone mentioned something unethical going on and someone denied it, then there is this who said that trophies are just pics you could download them to your PC.

Who is really not reading ?

Such a simple question turned Into full civil war. (Or mainly 1 vs everyone else) 2021 - War on DLC completion. 

Like, why did this blow up over a simple question? Regardless, I’m enjoying the entertainment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iker_01 said:

In a thread of ridiculous takes, you're the gift that keeps on giving. Now it's devs that are replying to you, apparently.

Again, tossing each and every single DLC on the "greed" pile is just silly. Are some DLCs little more than cash grabs? Absolutely. Are there tons more that are phenomenal additions to their base games? Hell yeah. Some of the best things that I've played have been DLCs: Burial at Sea, The Old Hunters, Dark Souls 1, 2 & 3 DLC, Deus Ex's A Criminal Past, Prey's Mooncrash... the list is extensive.

Who said each and every dlc? Please read my previous replies my dear.

I also talked about these "good" dlc's.

My God lol, what a mess. In fact, very simple solutions could be implemented. They could, for example, ask the user if they would like to have a specific DLC added to their list, and then each would maintain their list as they wish. In a way I understand the frustration of completionists – although I am not particularly one – because it is as if something they did not ask for was being forced on them: they do not consider having previously accepted that, when starting a game, there would be a

eventual possibility of an extra list coming up – this is the desperation of every completionist; I've seen people abandoning grandiose accounts because of an idiotic trophy like Driveclub. You didn't ask for this additional content, why should it be added to your list, right? I don't see a problem with each person accepting or not the trophy lists, but that would be a kind of "first world problem", something that only a niche of players would give a fuck. Another similar debate is the possibility of adding multiplayer trophies in separate columns, as DLC, thus removing the inevitable impossibility of obtaining platinum in the future.

13 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It would be like giving the a medal for the 200m sprint to someone who sprinted really fast for 150m, then stopped.

Maybe they didn't want to do the last 50m - which is totally fine and their choice - but they can't expect the medal that those who finished get. 

To be fairly accurate, it would go like this: 

You get the medal for running the 100m sprint, but then they tell you, go run another 50m, so you do. But then they come up again and tell you 'You know what? Run another 50m' ?

---------------------------

Now, we all know there are all kinds of DLCs, from those that are clearly there for money grabs, those that are to complete unfinished content (which shouldn't exist...don't care if you got a timeline, if you can't deliver, just don't), and some gems that sometimes are even better than the base game itself. I don't think the issue is having or not DLCs, I'm all up for it when there's a reason to make them. But I do agree with OP's general point of view, I'm not a completionist but I do like to try and complete games I own, but I can't do that if I don't own them but yet being accounted for, doesn't seem logical to me (let me stress that, to me). 

We have seen a couple of examples of DLCs having their own separate lists, I'm all for implementing this for all additional content, it will please both the base game completionists (finally getting those 100% without fear of any DLC ruining their profile) and the hardcore completionists (they even get two S ranks). And what if it gets too long on PS, regular players don't even care about their list. You could still hide it (like any game where you haven't earned a trophy yet). I can't see any downside to that.

Just wanted to add, @DaivRules mentioned:

'So someone could have 100% on a game by only getting through part of the whole game by getting the Platinum, but someone else can get 100% on the same game by playing the whole game through the Platinum and all the content that is downloaded?'

Well yeah, it's not that bad either, they both have 100%, but the latter will have more trophies showing. In the end, it's all for personal show, let them both be happy haha (and technically, it's not part of the whole game, it is the whole game - when released; you are not to be expected to get/pay for any future content when getting the game) Still pains me to have platted Tomb Raider and just have less than 50% ?

To finish, I would be all up for a change, but I'm not heartbroken either. The important thing is I'm playing games, getting trophies, and trying to enjoy myself.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AyeOfReach said:

No one is forcing me yea right but I want a 100% profile, I want my games to be all completed, how do I achieve that ? [and this is so many people's wish btw] and the only way to do so is to buy the overpriced additional content.

Just to put this into perspective, and it may have already been touched upon in later pages...

This is also greed-- wanting something without putting the legwork in.

Food for thought.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Such a simple question turned Into full civil war. (Or mainly 1 vs everyone else) 2021 - War on DLC completion. 

Like, why did this blow up over a simple question? Regardless, I’m enjoying the entertainment. 

No, don't make it 1 vs all now. There are many who supported my view entirely or partially, you can see em on the previous pages.

42 minutes ago, Rejim said:

To finish, I would be all up for a change, but I'm not heartbroken either. The important thing is I'm playing games, getting trophies, and trying to enjoy myself.

DrBloodmoney is the one who upvoted u, although u have said nothing that I didn't say.. I knew I was arguing with a bunch of hypocrites.

1 hour ago, AyeOfReach said:

DrBloodmoney is the one who upvoted u, although u have said nothing that I didn't say.. I knew I was arguing with a bunch of hypocrites.

yes I am.

So perhaps, if rep is your desire, have a think about what the difference is between your posts, and @Rejim’s...

I’ll give you a clue (and by clue, I mean, I will quote my own post, where I literally spelled out the answer directly to you):

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The rep system is just there so people can quickly show they agree, or at least respect, someones point of view.

Holding a minority opinion, but clearly, respectfully and cogently arguing it will still get a fair amount of rep here

Do I agree with all @Rejim’s points? 
No, I don’t.

Did he make the clearly, and present a good argument in favour of them, while being respectful of others?

Yes.

It really does take a special kind of arrogance to put up posts telling people that you aren't even bothering to read their responses, let alone consider their merits, then look at your lack of rep points, and decide that is somehow the fault of the system...

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

This thread has devolved quickly I see. 

I can understand not wanting DLC to count towards your 100%. There’s some games I haven’t started (or at least haven’t earned any trophies in) because the devs are either already releasing endless waves of DLC trophies or I’m worried they might do so in the future. 

Sometimes it’s not even about money (some DLC lists are free but EXTREMELY grindy). I’d also be somewhat annoyed (unless I really loved a game and/or the DLC wasn’t super expensive) to see a 100% on my list drop significantly due to DLC I never asked for. If it just dropped by 10% or so I probably wouldn’t care. 

On the other hand I feel kind of annoyed when DLC/Expansions for games I want to play don’t have trophies for them (looking at you The Sims 4-I’ll probably end up buying more than the base game just to have more things to do, but will have nothing to show for it). 

And that’s not even getting into the particular annoyance that comes with not being able to 100% a game because the DLC has been delisted or is no longer available in your region. This is probably the main reason I am slightly more against DLC than for it. 

TL; DR: I can see both sides of this argument and my only advice for those who REALLY care about this stuff (and want to avoid DLC like the plague) is: 

Wait until either:

1) A sequel to a game you want to play comes out.

2) A physical/digital “Complete Edition” of the game you want to play with all DLC built in is released. (I do this by default with many games because I pretty much never buy games at launch). 

3)  The studio that developed the game you want to play has dissolved.

4) The game you want to play is on a console generation behind the current one (and is not available on the current one). 

Is this advice extreme? Yes. Will it prevent you from feeling forced to buy DLC you don’t want roughly 95% of the time? Yes. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

gaming has become more of a bargain hunt the last 10 years than anything

True that. The only reason I buy digitally is when I see DLC at 80% off. Really wish they'd lower the price like what happens with physical games.

• Like 2