I don’t want dlc to count for my percentage

At least these pages show what has DLC if that’s the concern..

https://psnprofiles.com/games/dlc

Obvious, front page feature I know, but is it being overlooked? Though I suppose it could help further to have some solid distinction between what DLC you have to find and purchase, and what you won’t find because it’s actually a free update ^^

As a more direct response to OP, and in reference to the unfortunate DLC trophy in Hyperballoid HD (PS3)...

“Welcome to the big-ass club.”

Edited by EqualityEarth

20 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

LA Noire was probably one of my favorite games that I considered underrated. I actually watched the television show Mad Men because a lot of the actors had a role in LA Noire. Great TV show, and interesting take on 1960s era business.

There were some desks Cole was in according to his story but there's only a few mentions in-game probably due to time constraints and limited budget. Team Bondi was actually suffering when they developed LA Noire. Rockstar Games was the publisher, and from what I remember reading they had to step in and help with the project. Team Bondi went out of business shortly after LA Noire released.

The PS4 version has some additional trophies but they are merely collectibles. If someone was able to add in brand new trophies and collectibles several years after the game came out, surely they could of added trophies for The Consol's Car DLC.

I'd like a spiritual successor of some sort, but since Rockstar is so into shark cards from GTA Online these days, I doubt they'll ever publish another detective game.

LA Noire is 10 years old now. It's a pattern that's been around a long time. Yes, there is Blood & Wine from the Witcher 3, there is The Old Hunters from Bloodborne. Those tend to be the exception, rather than the norm, which is to cut a little content from what could of been in the main game and charge additional money for it.

I didn’t know that history about Team Bondi. That’s a damn shame, because L.A. Noire was such a unique and interesting little game. It would have been great to see some kind of sequel or expansion on the ideas of the first game.

And yes, I’ve seen Mad Men and it’s a great show. I’m a huge fan of period pieces or anything historical, and love getting wrapped up in the portrayal of older times. L.A. Noire did a fantastic job bringing that post-war, 1940s/50s Los Angeles scene to life. The clothes, cars, music, and stereotypes of people from the era - police, businessmen, and families, housewives etc. - was spot on and made the game super immersive. I would often get swept up in the scenery and just enjoy driving around the city and soaking it all in.

I’m glad there’s a PS4 version as I would love to play it all over again in a couple years.

Slow day at work so had to read this for entertainment!

How about if we just ditch all the trophies and there wouldn't be a problem with Devs, DLCs or cash grabs? :awesome:  We could throw in the rep system, too!

• Like 2

On 02/05/2021 at 6:10 AM, AyeOfReach said:

All and any dlcs being free or not are "unethical" imo cause it adds to ur overall completion % regardless you wanted it or not. Yea I may just NOT want it, why add it to my trophies? I never bought it so why add it ?

Since few games started to "intentionally" drop ur percentage bellow 50% with the addition of 10+ dlcs so when you look at it you see you haven't even done half of the game even though you've gotten platinum but it's at 47, 48 or 49%. Heck I don't remember what game on ps3 that I gotten 39% or so when I got the plat, maybe L.A. Noire. Don't know how much it would be for these "most rewarding" games like Driveclub and Payday 2.

But I'll give you two examples: one regarding Crash 1, and this one free dlc ruind the 100% profile my friend was maintaining for years and ended any hope for him to "complete" that game cause he loves Crash so much and was waiting for it for years n he added it to his game list right away, then he was very mad and upset when he knew about the addition of "relics" and the trophies require getting gold relic on every level but he was trying for weeks to beat that bridge level and when the dlc came, it destroyed any hopes for hime, he was completely broken yeah for real. He gave up on trophy hunting after that and now he plays stupid teamdeath matches online over n over again.

The other example is this new "free" update for Genshin Impact which require you to complete floor 12 of the spiral abyss. Well you see this F2P game and this trophy require that you play for years to get the best characters or to pay huge amount of $ to get the 100%. It's really unpleasant and unethical, why ruin my % like this ?

Your friend quit trophy hunting, and a 100% profile he had for years, because they released Stormy Ascent in Crash 1?

Like for real?

I must be missing something. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

Your friend quit trophy hunting, and a 100% profile he had for years, because they released Stormy Ascent in Crash 1?

Like for real?

I must be missing something. 

not perse if he wouldnt wanna  get the dlc its a valid reason also maybe he couldnt get it

if your goal is 100% and you cant or wont keep it for whatever reason there is no point to continue on I am probatly stopping myself thanks to starting a game I cnat complete. I wnated to get 96 completion by the end of the year that has become impossible now

so  to me there is probatly not much of a reason left to hunt either so I fully understand where he is comming from

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I didn’t know that history about Team Bondi. That’s a damn shame, because L.A. Noire was such a unique and interesting little game. It would have been great to see some kind of sequel or expansion on the ideas of the first game.

And yes, I’ve seen Mad Men and it’s a great show. I’m a huge fan of period pieces or anything historical, and love getting wrapped up in the portrayal of older times. L.A. Noire did a fantastic job bringing that post-war, 1940s/50s Los Angeles scene to life. The clothes, cars, music, and stereotypes of people from the era - police, businessmen, and families, housewives etc. - was spot on and made the game super immersive. I would often get swept up in the scenery and just enjoy driving around the city and soaking it all in.

I’m glad there’s a PS4 version as I would love to play it all over again in a couple years.

Yes, Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire were both great. Personally I preferred Mad Men since a lot of Boardwalk Empire contained much violence and killing, which was understandable because it was the era of Prohibition.

The PS4 version changed up the options in that there is no longer 'Doubt' or 'Lie' when making dialogue choices. It has additional collectibles but other than that it's practically the same game. Mafia II: Definitive Edition added more Wanted posters but like with LA Noire it's basically the same game as the original, albeit with 1080p/4K support. I don't know if the remasters are 60 FPS.

35 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Yes, Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire were both great. Personally I preferred Mad Men since a lot of Boardwalk Empire contained much violence and killing, which was understandable because it was the era of Prohibition.

Oh man, Boardwalk Empire might very well be my favourite show of all time. It is taking all my restraint right now not to derail this thread with a novella about how great that show is. And yes it’s violent, but that also means it has some of the most epic death scenes HBO has ever done. It even gives GoT a run for its money in that regard.

The only thing I'm kind of annoyed by is that you can't group your 100% games and platinums without DLC games together with the same filter on people's trophy pages. I swear that used to be a feature on this site but at some point it disappeared.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, i use this site all the time because i am addicted to playing and getting platinums (and sometimes 100% games). I absolutely love the grade (S-F by each grade) on my profile. It shows me if i’m getting close to finishing the game. However, it is actually very misleading because it doesn’t account for people not playing the dlc (because not everybody does it), some trophies being much harder than others despite the same rarity (ex: gold), and other various reasons. As a person that loves to see progress of how far i am (i’m sure y’all do as well), i’m suggesting a modification on the grading system. While this isn’t a complete solution, it offers a simple and easy solution to making the grade a better representation of your specific goal progress. I am suggesting a platinum grade AND a 100% grade. Platinum grade: Grade for only trophies required for platinum using the same formula. And, a 100% Grade: What it currently is (On a side note, the player pool should be limited to the people that have actually purchased the DLC, so that you don’t have an ‘A’ grade the whole time since not everybody has the DLC, but i don’t know if this is possible with the data on the site). That way, the two types of players, those who 100%, and those who platinum, each have an ACCURATE way to show their progression. I think this is a simple and very useful change. Thoughts on this?

3 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I like how OP came back to drop another "OP" into the thread, which will likely completely restart the shitshow that already happened in this thread.

DLC completion is not the issue. If you want 100%, buy the DLC and play the DLC. Players that go the extra mile for completion will be rewarded for their efforts. 

DLC rarity is the issue. It's arbitrary, useless, and does not "feel right" at all for most games. 

Unfortunately for some games they've not released the DLC but they still put the DLC trophies on the list, so I can't buy the Borderlands GOTY JP DLC and finish it hahaha. I don't care about that of course, it's not my fault but maybe in these cases trophies that were never possible to earn shouldn't count against your completion rate. PSNTL does have this going for it, completion rate on there isn't affected by trophies that were never possible to earn that are on PSN.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Unfortunately for some games they've not released the DLC but they still put the DLC trophies on the list, so I can't buy the Borderlands GOTY JP DLC and finish it hahaha. I don't care about that of course, it's not my fault but maybe in these cases trophies that were never possible to earn shouldn't count against your completion rate. PSNTL does have this going for it, completion rate on there isn't affected by trophies that were never possible to earn that are on PSN.

Borderlands JP is definitely an unfortunate situation. My condolences to any profiles affected by that game. 

Thanks for pointing out PSNTL to me, what a cool site. They have proper DLC rarity and even a rarity leaderboard. Hot damn.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I think that was the problem with Burn Zombie Burn

8 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Thanks for pointing out PSNTL to me, what a cool site. They have proper DLC rarity and even a rarity leaderboard. Hot damn.

Well watch out with that rarity leaderboard, it has a huge flaw that is rigged in the favor of the site owner... They have a different rarity type called "prestige" which is for sub 1% trophies and they're worth 10,000 points while an ultra rare trophy (1.01% - 5.00) is worth 1,000 points. This is rigged in the favor of the site owner who has a low trophy count and spams pinball games on his profile that get low DLC sales and often have a free base game.

• Like 2

I agree with OP, it kind of is ridiculous to have DLC count against your overall completion rating. If a person does NOT  BUY the DLC, then they do not own it nor do they have the opportunity to obtain the trophies. There are plenty of games I haven't bought, and they aren't affecting my completion averages. Why should DLC be any different?

Imo, DLC should have its own separated list, from the base game, entirely. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Well watch out with that rarity leaderboard, it has a huge flaw that is rigged in the favor of the site owner... They have a different rarity type called "prestige" which is for sub 1% trophies and they're worth 10,000 points while an ultra rare trophy (1.01% - 5.00) is worth 1,000 points. This is rigged in the favor of the site owner who has a low trophy count and spams pinball games on his profile that get low DLC sales and often have a free base game.

Now that I didn't know about. What a difference, 9000 points! All the more important for PSNP to implement a properly balanced version of the rarity leaderboard. 

2 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

They also have a massive cheater problem, since their "CRT" is comprised of at least two cheaters, and they won't take people down because it incriminates themselves. The structure on how they remove cheaters flawed too, the site owner once told me told me "in-game statistics can't be used in ANY possible way to accurately determine cheaters." Why does this matter? Worse and inaccurate statistics.

That I didn't consider either. I guess there are plenty of reasons I don't see PSNTL brought up more often around here. Thanks you two. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Now that I didn't know about. What a difference, 9000 points! All the more important for PSNP to implement a properly balanced version of the rarity leaderboard. 

That I didn't consider either. I guess there are plenty of reasons I don't see PSNTL brought up more often around here. Thanks you two. 

Doesn't help that the site owner has also abused his power to flag people that earned a trophy he was struggling with.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2021 at 7:02 PM, MaxieM0us3 said:

No, and nowhere else. You should definitely attempt the DLC. It will take practice and patience, it’s doable.

That is incorrect.  TrueTrophies doesn't count DLC if you have not earned a trophy in it.

This is the only true calculation of percentage.  Having DLC count against you is like having any game you haven't purchased count against you.  If I don't want to spend money on a portion of the game that didn't come with it when I purchased it, then I shouldn't have it counted against me.  

This is why platinums are such a good idea.  On Xbox, I had several completed games taken away from me when they decided to tack on DLC at a later date.  

Either way, if you want that, you would have to go to TrueTrophies for that calculation.  Sorry.