most memorable ps3 moments

The_Dragon_Man

What were your most memorable moments from the ps3? It can be anything from stories or just random encounters.

Mine would be from Oblivion and the battle of Kvatch. I waited till I was a high level (around 40) to start the main quests and I let the monsters, who were way to strong for the A.I, take over the city. Due to this the game couldn't cope with what was happening and the 'invasion' happened in slow-mo creating a epic movie like battle with us desperately losing ground sorta like LOTR and helms deep.

Please share as many as you have :)

Mine would be the very first time finishing the tutorial phase in Skyrim, exit the cave, loading screen and... BAM!  Huge, beautiful scenario in front of me, dragon flying on the distance, and then start walking slowly... wow... I had no idea what was ahead of me.

1 year and a half of amazing gaming moments.

• Like 1

Mine would be the very first time finishing the tutorial phase in Skyrim, exit the cave, loading screen and... BAM!  Huge, beautiful scenario in front of me, dragon flying on the distance, and then start walking slowly... wow... I had no idea what was ahead of me.

1 year and a half of amazing gaming moments.

Same here. My main reason to get PS3 was Skyrim coz i didn't want to upgrade my computer anymore. Played Skyrim about month in a row and thats my most memorable playthrough and gaming experience in PS3. 

Edited by seppa105

Watching the daughter, when she was still in her teens trying to play Eyepet - the thought of it still brings laughter tears to my eyes.

The wife trying to play Flower and spending more time looking at how beautiful it all was rather than steering the controller.

Gaming online with strangers who are now good friends - broy300, Stevieboy, Rowdi to name just 3 that I have spend many happy hours running around virtual worlds with.

Good topic.

1. Staying awake when I decided to finish God of War's Challenge of the Gods and proceeding to curse and pull my hair out for like 2 hours when level 10/10 was more than I expected.

2. The day that the combat engine finally "clicked" for me in Batman: Arkham Asylum and whipping the friggin' crap out of the last 3 hardest combat challenges, back to back, like it was nothing.

3. Nailing the final drum trainer beat in Rock Band 2 after swearing not to give up.

All three instances resulted in the final trophy needed and the platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

1- when i first loaded up Killzone 2 ( first ps3 game i ever played ) and took forever looking at the details in each area with a :holy: on my face.

2- the first time in my life i ever play a game online ( KZ2 ) felt good but now i am a bit ignoring MP on games these days.

3- the first time sony gave away 5 games for free which LBP1 was one of them and boy i love it.

4- got my very first platinum and i had no idea what was all the fuss about those platinum trophies at the time.

5- i don't know why but the first time i ever owned the move controller and looking at that cat / monkey looking pet react to me in the demo disc.

6- playing MGS4 for the first time.

When I bought my PS3 bundle from GAME I had a choice of free game so went with Uncharted drakes fortune only because I already had DMC4 (a hack and slash) and The darkness (FPS) bought elsewhere and wanted something different.

I had no idea about the game at all and when I first turned on the PS3 I played it first just to see what it was like and if I had made a mistake in getting it?

I spent the first 10 minutes just staring at the screen amazed at how fantastic the graphics were in the jungle and the fact that drake's clothes got wet when messing around in the water!

Absolutely fantastic game too - one of the best blind buys I've ever experienced.