most memorable ps3 moments

The_Dragon_Man

I remember being awestruck when plugging in the PS3 for the first time, loading up Uncharted Drake's Fortune and just staring at the change in graphics from PS2.

Second best moment was when I played Skyrim for the first time, pressed start, music fades, and the my character fell off the wagon with his head stuck in the floor, arms spinning everywhere, the trees and mountains were so far up in the sky you could barely make them out, and the horse wagon I fell off was somersaulting away 0.0

funniest glitch I've ever seen xD was a real pain to sort out though >.<

Edited by Sadako18

Everyday. It freezes at least once every day I use it.

On a second note it would be choosing NecroGasm as character names in nearly everything I could :P Especially if it was online gamertags within games, if the chance was available.

Other then that it would be the time I was warned to stop doing something or I'd be banned. I hadn't been on Playstation Home in 3 days and on the 3rd day I was sent an email saying I was breaking the Tos for "text/verbial communication" and if I didn't stop I'd be banned. All I did, 3 days before the day I got the email, was correct someones grammar and side with someone who was being bullied on, sticking up for them. Next thing I know I was made out to be the enemy and recieved a warning from Sony. Fun day.

It's happening when I played Dark Souls.

I summond 2 people to help me killing Four Kings on Ng+ or ++ I forgot.

When fighting four kings boss my brother gave me guide and it's make me panicked to the boss because the time another boss will appear .. and what I can do was grumble to him he order me to do it and that . . Hahaha... :D

FFXIII. Just... that. That game is my favorite of all i have ever played on the PS1, PS2, Vita and PSP. I don't know what it is i just fell in love with it. It feels like it's a part of me i can't let go. I love it. Every single moment, every single cutscene... was stunning. <3

Some of my most memorable PS3 moments, were me getting my PS3 with the Sly Collection and waiting at the bus stop to get home for about 40 minutes. :lol:  Also, getting Uncharted 3 and taking the day off school to play it. As well as spending all Christmas eve (2011) playing nothing but Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Good times... :)

Edited by Sly_Cooper_FTW

2. The day that the combat engine finally "clicked" for me in Batman: Arkham Asylum and whipping the friggin' crap out of the last 3 hardest combat challenges, back to back, like it was nothing.

I remember when the combat clicked for me in those games as well. I was just a button masher until I realized that I can time and plan my moves. I actually got the hang of it in Arkham City, then went back and platted Arkham Asylum twice (Japan version as well)!

Actually feeling afraid of 'dying' in Uncharted 2 (crushing mode) at a point where you need to kill some wild dudes + 3 guys with miniguns...

One of the best game experiences I've ever had for sure!

Oh man, I remember that part too. Nerve-racking to say the least. I remember that Uncharted 2 was when I found the joy of trophies, so that game will always hold a special place in my gaming heart!

I will never forget the experience to play Heavy Rain, it was my third game so far, and I was like: This is the next level of entertainment!!!

Heavy Rain was such an awesome game. I loved every minute of it. I think it was my first plat as well.

I'd also add to these games... playing Dead Space at 2 a.m. with all the lights off and surround sound. Some freaky stuff happened on the Ishimura! Also, the first moment when I got my PS3 and plugged in GTA IV. I remember just being in awe of how awesome it was in comparison to the PS2!

GTAV Online - Ran out of my apartment to find someone causing havoc with a tank. She was killing everyone, including me, and even destroyed my car. I spawned around the corner and started throwing what few grenades I had. On my very last grenade, she turned the corner with the grenade resting on the tanks hood area. The damn thing then exploded >8D!

Five notable moments for me:

1. Playing my first game on the PS3, FFXIII. This was actually the day before the PSN went down for a month. Lucky for me, the only games we had at the time were mainly single-player games (also had Devil May Cry 4 and Armored Core: For Answer)

2. On my other file when I got my first platinum ever (Assassin's Creed II) only two weeks after first playing it.

3. Getting my first platinum on this profile (Borderlands).

4. Getting my first platinum on my very own PS3 - Assassin's Creed II (AGAIN).

5. Plugging the PS3 I got for my birthday into the 32 inch TV I bought myself for myself with an HDMI cable for the first time. My mind was blown with the comparison between HD and AV.

• Like 1

Off the top of my head, there are three that immediately come to mind:

- Poseidon battle from God of War III. Not too big a fan of the series, but the first time I experienced that boss fight I was just astonished by its visuals. I never owned a gaming rig so it was undoubtedly the most impressive thing I had ever seen in terms of graphics and all that. It's been years since but I still remember it quite vividly. I recently played through Ascension and none of the moments seemed as epic.

- Return to Shadow Moses in MGS4. Guns of the Patriots is pretty much the reason why I bought a PS3 back in 2009 (along with me getting fed-up with unreliable Xbox consoles.) The first MGS in particular had been my favorite game since childhood so I was really excited to see what Kojima was going to do to follow up MGS2 and 3. But yeah, without a doubt the most fun I had in the game was re-visiting that old location, seeing it being depicted years later in a 'next-gen' environment. It's just nostalgic bliss for anyone whose into that franchise.

- Winter finale in The Last of Us. I was not expecting to love this game as much as I do. With all due respect to Naughty Dog, I never got into the Jak and Daxter series during its PS2 heyday and Uncharted is something I find enjoyable but nothing extraordinary. Back in the PS1-era I was quite fond of their original Crash Bandicoot games, but other than that I was not a huge fan of their work. With TLoU though, they've totally won me over. I've never had a video game leave me as emotionally invested in it's story and characters. The end of Winter is easily the most moving bit in the game (at least for me.) From this point on I'll be looking forward to whatever ND has in store.

• Like 1