most memorable ps3 moments

The_Dragon_Man

The most memorable for me was during my first time playing my PS3. I distinctly remember playing Oblivion while sitting on the floor like a kid in front of the tv. My moment was when I exited the sewers for the first time and saw that landscape over the lake. I just stared at the water in awe and let out an audible "wow". It was my first experience with this generation and it was spectacular.

Edited by Mumpel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any stories memorable about my time with my PS3. The only memorable moments are those from video games and the great enjoyment I felt during those moment.

• Starting up my PS3
  • Creating my first PSN account
  • Earning my first platinum in Borderlands
  • Leaving Vault 101 in Fallout 3
  • Revisiting Shadow Moses in Metal Gear Solid 4
  • All of Outer Haven in Metal Gear Solid 4
  • First entering the open world of Skyrim and Oblivion
  • The Landsmeet from Dragon Age: Origins
  • Infiltrating the Collector's Base in Mass Effect 2
  • Defeating Saren in Mass Effect
  • The final battle with Azimuth in A Crack in Time
  • Rebuilding Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • The final punch against Joker in Arkham Asylum
  • The final moments with the Joker in Arkham City
  • The battle with the World of Chaos in Kingdom Hearts
  • All of Ico
  • All of Shadow of Colossus

I'm excluding moments from Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Symphonia, and Ni No Kuni.

Edited by Kallaroth

• 3 weeks later...

the day after I got my first ps3 and had played non stop on mgs4 all night, the 'snake had a hard life' scene had me in tears. I was so excited for another next game to blow my mind and had heard a few good things about uncharted, went out and bought it, I had to have replayed it 3 times that week.

hearing Rustie and Bonobo in Sleeping Dogs, every time id just speed through traffic jammin

installing hotline miami with no prior knowledge of it, and having the best time jammin out to the synth breaks and going on a nerve-racking psychedelic murderous romp through late 80's miami.

Great Thread.

- Turning my PS3 on for the 1st time and then starting Uncharted 2 epic beginning

- GoW 3 epic beginning

- MGS4 end 

- TLoU epic beginning (and the whole game)

- Countless hours of an insane amount of FUN on both LBP1 and LBP2,with my brother.

- Countless amazing and fun moments playing Uncharted 2 online.

Possible Spoilers!!!!!

Uncharted 2 -> Building falling apart sequence.

GoW 3 -> Fight with Hades

MGS4 -> Fight with Liguid/Return to Shadow Moses

TLoU -> When Joel got that severe wound in the university.

Arkham City -> Joker's death.

Darksiders 2 -> Fight with Archon

Assassin's Revelations -> Ezio returning to Masyaf and finding Altair's tomb. 

Edited by Welmosca

Just the endless hours of enjoyment playing games through for the first time

Heavy Rain

Uncharted series

Following Ezios life through Assassins Creed

Fallout and Skyrim both so epic.

The Last of Us

Red Dead Redemption story and playing online with my mates for the first time having a great laugh.

I really could go on all day. I love games with great stories to go along with great gameplay.

I have two best moments for PS3, 1.) When I was playing World at War and there was a hacker in the opposite team but instead of putting himself all major cheats to win, he made everyone including me and my team fly in slowmotion in mid-air like ninjas and also bulletproof and the only way to get kills in the match was with a knife or baynet, so all you can see the entire time was people jumping up and floating towards each other and stab each other in mid-air, It was an actual ninja war. 2.) The Second best moment is when i got my first platinum trophy from Hyperdimension Neptunia cause i have been working on the game for a long time and I fell in love with the game to the point that I quit my first video game love which was Pokemon for good. Now i am fan of Hyperdimension which is Ironic since at first I hated it cause it appeared everywhere i go and i bought it because i was bored, curious and also frustrated with it showing up everywhere....I REGRET NOTHING

Brink:

Playing and almost winning a 2 vs 6.  

Playing and winning 1 vs 3.  That had to be the most intense game ever for me.

The one time a group of elite Brink players got together and we all played some matches.  Showcased what the MP could have been if more people played.

Going head to head with the best player and him coming over the dumpster (we were each hiding on one side) and melee killing me before I could react (takes 2 knife hits to kill someone, no 1 hit kills with melee).

Skyrim:

Killing the NPC necessary for the main quest and having to restart.

Killing an annoying shopkeeper and later being ambushed by an assassin paid to kill me to avenge the shopkeeper's death.  Then killing the whole family before realizing it's a random event.

Dumping bodies under a bridge and slowly building a collection of em.  

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon:

All the cheesy 80s-90s reference.

The fact that you can flip off enemies.

"Now that's my kind of blowjob" when you use a grenade to blow enemies up.

There's a ton of things your character says that are either innuendo or just amusing references that make the game entertaining.

The time I flew a hang glider off a cliff and out to an outpost in the middle of the ocean and landed on the roof without getting spotted (your character is immune to fall damage)

Luring enemies into the path of a vehicle and watching them get hit by it.

Finding a random location on the map with a dead enemy with an arrow in his knee (I was an adventurer like you until I took an arrow to the knee)

Edited by Quikdrawjoe
  • Like 1