Spiral Abyss Trophies

hr_kriese

Hi guys,

I began playing Genshin Impact back in December. I'm AR48 now, pretty much going the laziest way possible: I always sticked to the first 4 characters so I don't waste lvl up materials, didn't spend a single penny on anything, just doing the daily commissions and not caring about artifacts or better characters. I was fine with this taking some time, as I still love the world and just enjoy being in there for a few minutes each day, and I still got closer to the 100% slowly, but steadily.

However, with the recent update I'm now afraid that I got myself unknowingly into a somewhat problematic situation. I can barely make it beyond Spiral Abyss Floor 6 with my current setup. Seeing that there are 6 more floors to come plus getting all the stars, I'm afraid I basically have to start all over again after 4 months of playing. 

But I still have hope: Is there a foolproof way of getting through the Abyss with any character setup? I'd really hate to start putting money into it to get the characters I need to begin with, and then leveling them up again all the way to lvl 80.

• Like 1

This will either take a long time or you can speed up the process by opening the wallet. Abyss floor 1 - 8 are always the same but for floor 9 - 12 things always change and so is the meta (some characters can either become useful or useless). The current abyss 9 - 12 is the hardest one to date which got introduced a few days ago. I believe Mihoyo will continue making those floors more difficult so new characters can take advantage of it.

You will need better characters as the starter party is not that good (Amber being the worst character in the whole game) as for Lisa she becomes a monster but once you reach her constellation 6 which is almost impossible as there's no rate up banner for the beginning party. My first recommendation is to try to get Zhongli from the current banner. He's the best character in the whole game and will make things a lot way easier.

Before creating a team look up on Youtube how damage reactions and the abyss works. There's a lot of guides out there.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, hr_kriese said:

Hi guys,

I began playing Genshin Impact back in December. I'm AR48 now, pretty much going the laziest way possible: I always sticked to the first 4 characters so I don't waste lvl up materials, didn't spend a single penny on anything, just doing the daily commissions and not caring about artifacts or better characters. I was fine with this taking some time, as I still love the world and just enjoy being in there for a few minutes each day, and I still got closer to the 100% slowly, but steadily.

However, with the recent update I'm now afraid that I got myself unknowingly into a somewhat problematic situation. I can barely make it beyond Spiral Abyss Floor 6 with my current setup. Seeing that there are 6 more floors to come plus getting all the stars, I'm afraid I basically have to start all over again after 4 months of playing. 

But I still have hope: Is there a foolproof way of getting through the Abyss with any character setup? I'd really hate to start putting money into it to get the characters I need to begin with, and then leveling them up again all the way to lvl 80.

I'm curious, what do you spend your resin on? Being in AR48 means that you played a lot (even at a slow pace as you mention) and I can't imagine you not having some decent amount of materials and primos saved up? 

I suggest farming for some artifacts. You don't need the "PERFECT" artifact with all the correct stats; simply having your characters with all 5-stars artifacts maxed out makes a HUGE difference (Then you can be nitpicky later on if you want to improve your overall stats)

And yeah, you probably found out that you actually need TWO full teams (2x4) starting from Floor 5, so you'll have to start building some more characters outside of those main 4 you've been using =/

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

This will either take a long time or you can speed up the process by opening the wallet. Abyss floor 1 - 8 are always the same but for floor 9 - 12 things always change and so is the meta (some characters can either become useful or useless). The current abyss 9 - 12 is the hardest one to date which got introduced a few days ago. I believe Mihoyo will continue making those floors more difficult so new characters can take advantage of it.

You will need better characters as the starter party is not that good (Amber being the worst character in the whole game) as for Lisa she becomes a monster but once you reach her constellation 6 which is almost impossible as there's no rate up banner for the beginning party. My first recommendation is to try to get Zhongli from the current banner. He's the best character in the whole game and will make things a lot way easier.

Before creating a team look up on Youtube how damage reactions and the abyss works. There's a lot of guides out there.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for Zhongli and look into the guides :) Have to admit that I'm somewhat hesitating to give this game a proper go, but I guess I can at least give it a chance.

11 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

I'm curious, what do you spend your resin on? Being in AR48 means that you played a lot (even at a slow pace as you mention) and I can't imagine you not having some decent amount of materials and primos saved up? 

I suggest farming for some artifacts. You don't need the "PERFECT" artifact with all the correct stats; simply having your characters with all 5-stars artifacts maxed out makes a HUGE difference (Then you can be nitpicky later on if you want to improve your overall stats)

And yeah, you probably found out that you actually need TWO full teams (2x4) starting from Floor 5, so you'll have to start building some more characters outside of those main 4 you've been using =/

Before hitting ascendancy 5 with my weapons and characters, I used most of the resin for the bosses that would give me the necessary upgrade materials. After that, I spent quite a few sessions with just doing a lvl 5 to 10 domain for easy and fast AR EXP. Told you - the laziest way possible ;) I saved up roundabout 20k primos, not sure what you mean with materials.

Okay, that's a starting point! Thanks, will spent my resin in a usefull way from now on, going for artifacts.

I did floor 5 with my main party split in two, so only 2 characters for each path. I figured that this method wouldn't get me very far, but that was before spiral abyss trophies were a thing.

10 minutes ago, hr_kriese said:

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for Zhongli and look into the guides :) Have to admit that I'm somewhat hesitating to give this game a proper go, but I guess I can at least give it a chance.

Before hitting ascendancy 5 with my weapons and characters, I used most of the resin for the bosses that would give me the necessary upgrade materials. After that, I spent quite a few sessions with just doing a lvl 5 to 10 domain for easy and fast AR EXP. Told you - the laziest way possible ;) I saved up roundabout 20k primos, not sure what you mean with materials.

Okay, that's a starting point! Thanks, will spent my resin in a usefull way from now on, going for artifacts.

I did floor 5 with my main party split in two, so only 2 characters for each path. I figured that this method wouldn't get me very far, but that was before spiral abyss trophies were a thing.

Artifact domains can also be "fast and lazy" AR exp =P

So yeah, it's just a matter of where you spend your Resin. You end up getting the same amount of AR EXP. 

I was also in your position a couple of months ago (though, was probably in the 30s AR), but then once I started investing on Artifacts, leveling my weapons and Talents (can be HUGE difference makers and often forgotten), I started breezing through most of the content xD

Good luck!

13 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Artifact domains can also be "fast and lazy" AR exp =P

Yeah, but since I have to do higher domains in order to get the legendary artis, just swooping into the water domain close to Andrius, doing the easiest stage with lvl 10ish water slimes and zap everything with Lisa was still faster^^ Thanks again, artifacts sure seem like the way to go!

Finally, would you guys suggest that I build up two new parties, ditching the starter party completely, or should I be fine with just raising a second one and keeping the starter party?

2 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

This thing is awful. I got my world rank to 8, and had to lower it to seven. All of my characters are level 90 and I have max abilities and max weapons. The abyss still kicks my butt. 

That is kind of unnerving tbh. Which Parties are you using?

1 hour ago, AyeOfReach said:

Good luck, hahaha 1f608.png

Yeah, I know - will pray to RNGesus every day from now on xD

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hr_kriese said:

Yeah, but since I have to do higher domains in order to get the legendary artis, just swooping into the water domain close to Andrius, doing the easiest stage with lvl 10ish water slimes and zap everything with Lisa was still faster^^ Thanks again, artifacts sure seem like the way to go!

Finally, would you guys suggest that I build up two new parties, ditching the starter party completely, or should I be fine with just raising a second one and keeping the starter party?

Buy a Bennet from the current monthly store with the starglitter currency or w.e. it is called. Pull on banners with 4* characters that might be good with your main dps units. Take advantage of every event that offers free primos. Don' farm artifacts until you are at least AR 40 (Although i recommend you wair to AR45 for guaranteed 5 star artifacts each run). Use the coop domain function if you can't solo them at first. 

For abyss I recommend that both your parties contain a fire, a cryo, and hydro, and a 4th of whatever element you wish. I like having a ranged character in each as well. Figure out what units synergize well with one another. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hr_kriese said:

Thanks! I actually have Bennett already, but I thought he also is a rather weak character?

You are talking about the best supporting character of the game. You can get his constellation 1 from the shop if you don't have it. Makes him even better. Just remember to NEVER unlock the constellation 6, it ruins him.

Try to pull for Zhongli if you want a great utility character, that provides great shields. Or wait for Eula banner if you need a damage dealer.

1 hour ago, hr_kriese said:

Thanks! I actually have Bennett already, but I thought he also is a rather weak character?

If you hace him, get his c1, like the last person says. Might be the best constellation in the game, and you will certainly lean on him to keep your party constantly healed and buffed.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:42 AM, hr_kriese said:

Hi guys,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have watched whales struggle in the new Abyss with best in slot characters for each floor. I got stopped cold at the 2nd half of floor 11-3 my first attempt. I imagine I could get to floor 12-2 if I banged my head against the wall for a few hours, but the 2nd half of that floor looks like an exercise in frustration that I want no part of until I build stronger teams.

About starting over, I might have as well at one point if my Mihoyo account wasn't linked to my PSN ID. Unfortunately, I think the only way to start over in Genshin is to create a new PSN account (which I might do anyway to make some of the coop requirements - like buying housing items in another player's world - a little easier).

No matter what path you take, it is going to take time, but as long as you are having fun and still enjoy the world, keep making a little bit of progress everyday. Oh, and start doing the max level artifact domains. When I was AR45, I had to co-op just to clear them, but with a decent set on my two DPS's through a little progress every day, it is easier and faster to solo them now. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, hr_kriese said:

Main Party is Klee, Fischl, Barbara and Xiao

Second Party is Jean, Hu Tao, Xingqiu and Venti.

Edited by sealightbreeze

11 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Wth how is he doing almost 50k damage with one hit?? ? I am worlds away from that!

Okay, seeing that other characters are a huge part of the deal: Is it worth it to invest all my saved up primos in wishes, or should I rather spend them for something else? Don't really want to use it for resin replenishment

Edited by hr_kriese

Hi. I just got back into the game and well, I gotta admit the abyss trophies have me somewhat worried. 

What should I aim for in order to have a chance at clearing the last 4 floors? 

Two full lvl 90 teams with synergies and maxed out weapons? Or would it be enough just to have my main dps/supports fully leveled and geared and then the rest of the teams could be a few lvls behind.

Just hoping to get it done before it gets increasingly difficult.

I'm aware it takes a lot of grinding to get to that point, but that's the nature of this kind of game.

44 minutes ago, hr_kriese said:

Is it worth it to invest all my saved up primos in wishes,

That's what they are for, don't waste any on resin refill. Do not wish in standart banner too. Only in featured one.

34 minutes ago, Diegofr12 said:

Two full lvl 90 teams with synergies and maxed out weapons?

Levels 81-90 don't really do much. I would aim for 80(ascended) main DPS and supports. 70(ascended) for everyone else.

Current event also provides an opportunity to get free Diona for everyone involved.

There are some good tips in this video too

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

There are certainly examples of fast and easy clears of the new Abyss, but I have seen struggles as well (didn't mean to imply that every whale struggles but one of my favorite Genshin content creators - Mogawty - certainly did).

That first vid you linked was very impressive. FTP friendly weapons and good, but not insane artifacts. Makes me feel like I am pretty bad at the game. Haha.

In addition to everything that's been mentioned above, team compositions and artifact stats are also extremely important for clearing abyss.

An optimal team would be:
- Main DPS (the character who will be out on the field the most, doing the bulk of your damage)
- Sub-DPS (sets up elemental reactions for your main DPS and helps with damage, typically characters whose abilities impact the field even after switching out)
- Flex support (provides shields, crowd control, or resistance shred)
- Healer

I'd recommend looking up guides and builds for the characters you have and learning what roles each of them can fill. Different characters are best in different roles, and putting together a team that synergizes well will help a ton. Shields are especially important for the current floor 12 so characters like Diona (free from the current event) and Noelle (guaranteed from beginner wishes) can really shine. Zhongli is a beast if you're lucky (or rich) enough to get him.

Similarly for artifacts, different characters want different artifact sets and stats. A general guideline for stats you want on DPS units are attack %, elemental damage bonus (of the element that character mainly uses) and crit rate/crit damage. Healers and supports want different stats based on what their abilities scale off.

Also, remember to level your talents! Every level makes a big difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yulilya said:

In addition to everything that's been mentioned above, team compositions and artifact stats are also extremely important for clearing abyss.

An optimal team would be:
- Main DPS (the character who will be out on the field the most, doing the bulk of your damage)
- Sub-DPS (sets up elemental reactions for your main DPS and helps with damage, typically characters whose abilities impact the field even after switching out)
- Flex support (provides shields, crowd control, or resistance shred)
- Healer

I'd recommend looking up guides and builds for the characters you have and learning what roles each of them can fill. Different characters are best in different roles, and putting together a team that synergizes well will help a ton. Shields are especially important for the current floor 12 so characters like Diona (free from the current event) and Noelle (guaranteed from beginner wishes) can really shine. Zhongli is a beast if you're lucky (or rich) enough to get him.

Similarly for artifacts, different characters want different artifact sets and stats. A general guideline for stats you want on DPS units are attack %, elemental damage bonus (of the element that character mainly uses) and crit rate/crit damage. Healers and supports want different stats based on what their abilities scale off.

Also, remember to level your talents! Every level makes a big difference.

Thanks a bunch! So I guess Gladiator is generelly best in slot for DPS? Is Artifact Set completion important? I actually try to lvl my talents, but the RNG on the required boss items is extremely annyoing. I'm going 12 weeks now with Andrius giving me the required item only once. 

Also, sorry to ask so much here - I'm sure there are a ton of guides explaining all this, but I enjoy it quite a lot more when talking to you guys, and I do like the idea of creating sort of a 'knowledge hub' in this thread :)

21 hours ago, hr_kriese said:

Thanks a bunch! So I guess Gladiator is generelly best in slot for DPS? Is Artifact Set completion important? I actually try to lvl my talents, but the RNG on the required boss items is extremely annyoing. I'm going 12 weeks now with Andrius giving me the required item only once. 

Also, sorry to ask so much here - I'm sure there are a ton of guides explaining all this, but I enjoy it quite a lot more when talking to you guys, and I do like the idea of creating sort of a 'knowledge hub' in this thread :)

To be honest, your best artifacts in most cases are those with the proper main stat and best substats even if they are from mismatched sets. Take the Gladiator's 2 piece set bonus for instance of 18% attack. You can just about get that on one artifact that starts with attack % and rolls it twice so if you don't have great substats on your Gladiator pieces but have amazing rolls on something else, go with that something else. Of course, putting sets together with great substats is ideal.

A new item drops from the weekly bosses (not sure what the chance is but seems to be 25-33% though it has only been two boss cycles since the update) that allows you to convert a boss material to any other material from that same boss. I believe one is also a reward for completing the newest Zhongli quest. That should make levelling talents a lot easier.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hr_kriese said:

Gladiators is a decent set, but a few things hold it back. Because of how damage is calculated in this game, +18% atk actually results in less damage than the +15% elemental damage other sets provide. Good pieces are also much harder to farm considering they only drop some of the time from bosses which cost 40 resin each compared to the 20 in dedicated artifact domains. I'd recommend this video for an idea on which sets go best on each character. Generally try to prioritize good stats and sub-stats on your artifacts over set completion, but try to get the 2 piece set bonuses if possible. Good luck and don't feel bad about asking! 

• Like 1