I got scout log 9 and figured out how to get it

GorosBat

Awesome! Thanks for the huge heads up. This will be helpful for the Plat. I never used the reconstructor in the first biome because I never had enough ether and killed the first boss in my first attempt, so I thought I would never have to use that first reconstructor.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xVolloxx said:

How do you know which audio logs you have and are missing? I've just been running through biomes having a quick look, If the logs require specific actions without saying that's as very stupid. 

On the last tab after pressing the touchpad, can't remember the name!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xVolloxx said:

How do you know which audio logs you have and are missing? I've just been running through biomes having a quick look, If the logs require specific actions without saying that's as very stupid. 

Before I got log 10 in the revival room, I played the first biome no jokes 50+ times and visited that room in almost every run. How many times have everyone found audio logs at the ship, the house, finding a new permanent upgrade or getting to a new section of a biome? This has led me to the correlation of finding certain audio logs because of progression in the game. Maybe it does only come down to luck on what rooms you find, but who knows at this point, just continue with your runs but if like me you spend a literal day not finding a single log you might decide to try doing different things in a run.

Edited by TricksyBagginses
More information

31 minutes ago, TricksyBagginses said:

Before I got log 10 in the revival room, I played the first biome no jokes 50+ times and visited that room in almost every run. How many times have everyone found audio logs at the ship, the house, finding a new permanent upgrade or getting to a new section of a biome? This has led me to the correlation of finding certain audio logs because of progression in the game. Maybe it does only come down to luck on what rooms you find, but who knows at this point, just continue with your runs but if like me you spend a literal day not finding a single log you might decide to try doing different things in a run.

Having run biome 1 to look for the 9th log for more than 10 hours now, I'm definitely up for trying this. Any idea how many parasites you had when you ended the previous run? So far I've tried 2, 3 and 4, some runs ending in biome 1, some ending in biome 2 or 3 (just to try different things). Do you reckon I need the full 5?

57 minutes ago, DKShadow said:

Having run biome 1 to look for the 9th log for more than 10 hours now, I'm definitely up for trying this. Any idea how many parasites you had when you ended the previous run? So far I've tried 2, 3 and 4, some runs ending in biome 1, some ending in biome 2 or 3 (just to try different things). Do you reckon I need the full 5?

Tbh, I just think that the room the log spawns in is just so ridiculously rare, I had literally never seen the room until I got the log. Just make sure to go in every blue triangle room you come across and pray for RNJesus

Just now, TricksyBagginses said:

Tbh, I just think that the room the log spawns in is just so ridiculously rare, I had literally never seen the room until I got the log. Just make sure to go in every blue triangle room you come across and pray for RNJesus

I've been doing that for 10-15 hours so far without luck. The activity card suddenly not showing for biome 1 since the latest update has made me a bit nervous tbh, but at least it's still missing in the in-game database. Hopefully it spawns sooner or later...

Hi guys, 
Anyone know where to find xenoglyph cithers 19 and 20 on Abyssal Scar? I tried many runs but haven't found them yet. 
Are they gonna spawn in the first layer of rooms or in the second deep layer one? 
I haven't tried locked room yet since i tried speed run and skip collecting key from previous level.
Thanks!

Edited by TranQuangHuy

18 hours ago, TricksyBagginses said:

So I finally got scout log 9 and think I have worked out the method to get it to spawn more reliably.

Let me start by noting that the name of the scout log is “Parasite Attachment”. Why does the name matter you may ask? Well, in my situation scout log 9 wasn’t the only log I needed, I also required number 10-Restart Location. If like me, you beat Returnal in a short time (11 hours myself), you’ve probably become good enough where you can blaze though biome 1 without needing to take things such as parasites, knowing that they 9/10 times don’t have a good trade off so you will probably leave them alone entirely.

Now, getting back to scout log 10. In biome 1 I never used the revive room because biome 1 is easy. So one run I decided, screw it I will try using it and then die on purpose in biome 1 and use the revive. And low and behold I found scout log 10 in the revive room in my next run.

This brings me to the conclusion that certain scout logs only spawn after taking certain actions in a run. So in the next run a started picking up parasites and (from luck) scout log 9 spawned in a room behind a blue triangle door in a small room with a single turret.

Side not- don’t speedrun the biome and instead do full clears because each room can only spawn once in a single run, making it more probably to spawn rooms you haven’t visited yet, this will be helpful in future runs when you try to get missing xenoglyph cithers. Hope I was helpful to anyone trying to get this final scout log!

So did you just grab parasites and then headed to biome 2? Or killed the boss?

It was in a big room branching to other rooms, but it was in a room I had never come across after hours and hours in my main game. Can't remember if it was main or side path.

Btw confirmed you need to use reconstructor and then die to revive yourself. Next time you run biome 1 it'll be in the room with the reconstructor. Confirmed in my main and new game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faythi said:

It was in a big room branching to other rooms, but it was in a room I had never come across after hours and hours in my main game. Can't remember if it was main or side path.

Btw confirmed you need to use reconstructor and then die to revive yourself. Next time you run biome 1 it'll be in the room with the reconstructor. Confirmed in my main and new game

Tried this Two times, didnt worked 

Hmm, that was immediately on the subsequent run you went to check biome 1s reconstructor?

So on my new playthrough, you can get all the glyphs and everything with the grappling hook. Looks like I'm missing a couple logs, not sure which numbers but they must be towards the end as I have logs 1-20 and the 2nd biome logs start in there.

Guessing you need to be in endgame for the last 2-3 logs. I'm tempted just to beat it again on the new playthrough

3 minutes ago, Faythi said:

Hmm, that was immediately on the subsequent run you went to check biome 1s reconstructor?

So on my new playthrough, you can get all the glyphs and everything with the grappling hook. Looks like I'm missing a couple logs, not sure which numbers but they must be towards the end as I have logs 1-20 and the 2nd biome logs start in there.

Guessing you need to be in endgame for the last 2-3 logs. I'm tempted just to beat it again on the new playthrough

Maybe that's the reason, i didn't completed Act 3 yet. Gonna test it tomorrow after finish act 3.

4 hours ago, Faythi said:

Will test this today, also missing log 9.

19 hours ago, TranQuangHuy said:

Hi guys, 
Anyone know where to find xenoglyph cithers 19 and 20 on Abyssal Scar? I tried many runs but haven't found them yet. 
Are they gonna spawn in the first layer of rooms or in the second deep layer one? 
I haven't tried locked room yet since i tried speed run and skip collecting key from previous level.
Thanks!

ahhhhh i can't find xenoglyph ciphers 19 and 20 on Abyssal Scar either. loool

I still have to find scout log 9 and xenoglyph ciphers on 2nd, 3rd, 6th stage. total 10.... this is so tedious

I won't buy a future game from this company definitely. Did you find 19 and 20 on abyssal scar?

Edited by Solutions7970