I got scout log 9 and figured out how to get it

GorosBat

I played from New Game and found Scout Log 09 first attempt in the following room (red marker).QuKMcys.jpg

cba playing through whole game again, so will try to farm for this room in my cycles on original save.

Edited by DarkJayk

1 hour ago, DarkJayk said:

I played from New Game and found Scout Log 09 first attempt in the following room (red marker).QuKMcys.jpg

cba playing through whole game again, so will try to farm for this room in my cycles on original save.

I think there's something wrong with the world generation. I have played the first biome for about 15 hours now and have never seen this room. I just find the same rooms but in different order. Once in a blue moon I see the timed room where you have to choose which item you want to pick up, but other than that, it's the same rooms every time. I know that there aren't that many rooms to begin with, but this is just absurd.

I finally found the damn log 9. There's nothing special you have to or can do, it's just an extremely rare room for some reason. It took me 17 hours. 17 fucking hours for one collectable. For reference, it took me 25 hours to do everything else in the game. Talk about an annoying platinum...

Nevertheless, a great game.

• Like 1

What seems to be working for many is starting a new game if you don’t get it start another new game rinse and repeat my forth new save file and finally got it I’m just going to finish game and collect everything for biome 1.

2 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

I finally found the damn log 9. There's nothing special you have to or can do, it's just an extremely rare room for some reason. It took me 17 hours. 17 fucking hours for one collectable. For reference, it took me 25 hours to do everything else in the game. Talk about an annoying platinum...

Nevertheless, a great game.

Hi. Did you save the picture of the room with log ?

8 minutes ago, Ayberry said:

Hi. Did you save the picture of the room with log ?

Dude i just took a picture where i found it a coupls of posts ago, during a NG run. :)

Would be nice if he could tell if it was the same layout of room where i got it. That "could" make it clear that it's only it this type of room.

Edited by DarkJayk

This is completely and entirely just conjecture, but maybe restarting your game will help. I was missing 1 cipher in world 6 for 4 hours. I restarted my game and found it in my first run after the restart. That might have just been how the rng decided to work, but maybe restarting helps refresh the rooms you're seeing. I have no clue. Just wanted to share that experience, maybe it can help someone.

• Like 1

So basicly for now players who havent started this game yet (such as myself),it would not be stupid to try and get Log 9 in your first run and restart a new file until you get it.

So they are sure that they dont have to farm for it later.

1 minute ago, Bunkerbudy said:

So basicly for now players who havent started this game yet (such as myself),it would not be stupid to try and get Log 9 in your first run and restart a new file until you get it.

So they are sure that they dont have to farm for it later.

It seems like a lot of people have issues with log 9 which doesn't seem to be a coincidence. You can get it in endgame, but it's rare. Personally, I think someone is at a huge advantage if they can find the log before moving on with the game. 

Yes, it was the same room that @DarkJayk posted a picture of. The only advice I can give is to not give up and keep trying.

Edit: I'm also confused that some people said they got it from a small room with a single turret in it. I think those people are mixing log 9 with something else.

Edited by Foremanskin

11 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

Yes, it was the same room that @DarkJayk posted a picture of. The only advice I can give is to not give up and keep trying.

Edit: I'm also confused that some people said they got it from a small room with a single turret in it. I think those people are mixing log 9 with something else.

Thanks for confirming. This should make it more obvious what to look out for. Sadly never saw this room the last 20 attempts...

There is something you can do to slightly ease the grind. I don't know if this makes sense, but try to stick with me.

Basically, there's a chance that the game spawns an optional room that leads to additional rooms from a pool of 4 different variations and one of them is the one with log 9. (I'm not talking about the locked one that always leads to additional rooms!)

So when you see an optional room that has additional paths, for example the one with the giant metal ball in the middle of the room that shoots bullets down, you can then restart cycle, because now the log 9 room cannot spawn.

I don't know if that made sense, but it made grinding a little faster, especially if this kind of optional room spawned early in the biome.

1 hour ago, Faythi said:

Here's a video from my run finding the log. This was in the new game

Wow.. It’s insane to think how many times I have ran the 1st biome and have never seen this room. Then to actually see it on video.. it feels like seeing an urban legend 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

There is something you can do to slightly ease the grind. I don't know if this makes sense, but try to stick with me.

Basically, there's a chance that the game spawns an optional room that leads to additional rooms from a pool of 4 different variations and one of them is the one with log 9. (I'm not talking about the locked one that always leads to additional rooms!)

So when you see an optional room that has additional paths, for example the one with the giant metal ball in the middle of the room that shoots bullets down, you can then restart cycle, because now the log 9 room cannot spawn.

I don't know if that made sense, but it made grinding a little faster, especially if this kind of optional room spawned early in the biome.

Just to clarify. The Scout Log 09 is NEVER behind the locked sideroom? It always has to be a sideroom that is NOT locked? Or can it also be behind the first room of the locked room?

43 minutes ago, DarkJayk said:

Just to clarify. The Scout Log 09 is NEVER behind the locked sideroom? It always has to be a sideroom that is NOT locked? Or can it also be behind the first room of the locked room?

Yes, it's never behind a locked door. However, I think there's a possibility that it CAN spawn in the locked optional path. Most of the time the locked path just leads to some filler rooms and eventually an artifact room, but sometimes I did see a branching room there. It was super rare, so IMO it's not worth it.

After like 14 hours of running biome 1, I just began to ignore the locked path and started to focus only on the optional rooms that were open. It made runs a lot faster and it's quite common that one variation of the branching room will spawn in a run. And again, if you see one of those variations that isn't the log 9 room, just restart cycle and try again.

2 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

Yes, it's never behind a locked door. However, I think there's a possibility that it CAN spawn in the locked optional path. Most of the time the locked path just leads to some filler rooms and eventually an artifact room, but sometimes I did see a branching room there. It was super rare, so IMO it's not worth it.

After like 14 hours of running biome 1, I just began to ignore the locked path and started to focus only on the optional rooms that were open. It made runs a lot faster and it's quite common that one variation of the branching room will spawn in a run. And again, if you see one of those variations that isn't the log 9 room, just restart cycle and try again.

TY now it's perfectly clear. Awesome find man, this will help alot of ppl.

15 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

You and I came to the very same conclusion although I'm not convinced the correct room ever appears behind the locked side path. I guess when you've replayed the same thing a hundred times, you learn the patterns. Each cycle only took 5 minutes for me to search and I only ever used melee in the lockdown areas which is the quickest way to take down the more difficult enemies who aren't mini bosses, which is less likely to ever encounter. Restarting when you discover the right door but the wrong version of it made it super quick. Hopefully people won't waste the dozens of hours that I did before picking up on the trick.

There's a video of the full cycle where I finally found it

Edited by PS_4Trophies
  • Like 1

Just got it and it was exactly as he mentioned. I got the Log 09 variation (behind a NON-LOCKED side room door) and with it the trophy. Sooooooo happy this is done and trophy not glitched... :)

What also was interesting is that inside my 09 variation there was a LOCKED side room door with a small room with a big heal item inside that i've never seen before.

Edited by DarkJayk

12 minutes ago, DarkJayk said:

Just got it and it was exactly as he mentioned. I got the Log 09 variation (behind a NON-LOCKED side room door) and with it the trophy. Sooooooo happy this is done and trophy not glitched... :)

Nice! And just in time before the new patch corrupted your save lol.

24 minutes ago, PS_4Trophies said:

You and I came to the very same conclusion although I'm not convinced the correct room ever appears behind the locked side path. I guess when you've replayed the same thing a hundred times, you learn the patterns. Each cycle only took 5 minutes for me to search and I only ever used melee in the lockdown areas which is the quickest way to take down the more difficult enemies who aren't mini bosses, which is less likely to ever encounter. Restarting when you discover the right door but the wrong version of it made it super quick. Hopefully people won't waste the dozens of hours that I did before picking up on the trick.

There's a video of the full cycle where I finally found it

Yeah, I also don't believe it can spawn in the locked path, but I also can't deny the possibility because I did find few of the variations there. Even so, it's still not worth it time-wise to go there as it was extremely rare and because runs are a lot faster if you just stick with the open side paths.