I got scout log 9 and figured out how to get it

GorosBat

34 minutes ago, ebash_hard said:

Hey guys!

Also stuck with 9 scout log, how are you speed running? Are you cleaning all rooms? Trying to get biomes 5 and 6 and can't just run to get all collectibles 

Can't speak on behalf of others but: I run almost the entire thing. Only killing stuff you are forced to (melee it. Everything melts). You can run through the entire biome in around 5 mins. Sometimes reset cycle early if I find one of the 4(?) side rooms that its part of.

22 minutes ago, Zuntenshi said:

Can't speak on behalf of others but: I run almost the entire thing. Only killing stuff you are forced to (melee it. Everything melts). You can run through the entire biome in around 5 mins. Sometimes reset cycle early if I find one of the 4(?) side rooms that its part of.

Im trying biom 6, just don't know how to speedrun it. Enemies to powerfull and killing very fast (

Edited by ebash_hard
  • Like 1

Ok so i tried the method with looking just for blue doors and reloading once found the bad room.

That way my runs lasted for 1-3 minutes maybe and i found log 009 in about 2 hours :D

But strangely the room with the log 009 in the end was the same looking as shown here but had no other doors inside, it was a dead end room for me.

I then continued to discover the full biome and actually found a room with a blue door that lead to other rooms, so it seems that the theory that once you find a room with a blue door that leads into other rooms is not 100% accurate and the log 009 room might still be in the biome.

31 minutes ago, VincenttheNerd said:

Ok so i tried the method with looking just for blue doors and reloading once found the bad room.

That way my runs lasted for 1-3 minutes maybe and i found log 009 in about 2 hours :D

But strangely the room with the log 009 in the end was the same looking as shown here but had no other doors inside, it was a dead end room for me.

I then continued to discover the full biome and actually found a room with a blue door that lead to other rooms, so it seems that the theory that once you find a room with a blue door that leads into other rooms is not 100% accurate and the log 009 room might still be in the biome.

ive been going for about 7 hours since patch and nothing.. im getting fed up lol

Edited by offdutysuperhero

For all the guys that are still missing scout log 009:

i have a feeling that it spawn most of the time directly in the first blue sidepath you will take.

I saw it for other people and it was the same for me.

Here is also an video from me showing where i found the log.

• Like 1

Are the scout logs in order per biome? 

Activity card for biome 1 says i'm 88% scout logs so I'm assuming I need one more, but my databank has all logs 1-10 (first one i'm missing is 11).  Do they jump around or should 1-10 be everything for biome 1?

15 minutes ago, DeclioDukes said:

Are the scout logs in order per biome? 

Activity card for biome 1 says i'm 88% scout logs so I'm assuming I need one more, but my databank has all logs 1-10 (first one i'm missing is 11).  Do they jump around or should 1-10 be everything for biome 1?

Youre missing 2. Im at 94% in biome 1

1 minute ago, offdutysuperhero said:

Yes. Scoutlog 9 is my last collectible to get in the game

Oh, I meant 1-10 scoutlogs (which I have). So idk if my game is bugged or what, since it seems like it's not counting one of those scoutlogs.

3 hours ago, KUS_SWAT_ said:

i have a feeling that it spawn most of the time directly in the first blue sidepath you will take.

Ill try this tonight

• Like 1

After 30+ hours of farming Biome 1, I finally got the Audio log #9.. Aaaaaaand the trophy didn't pop. Absolutely fantastic. So yeah. People might be aware of this. 

Edit: Also just finished Ice Biome, no trophy either. So no idea what the heck is going on. But yeah. 

Edited by Zuntenshi

Can anyone confirm that log 9 is always behind open blue doors room so I don't need to grab key each run?

Nvm, I found log 9 the very next run, took only like 30 minutes and it was behind open doors, plat is mine :)

Edited by xDriverZero

55 minutes ago, Zuntenshi said:

After 30+ hours of farming Biome 1, I finally got the Audio log #9.. Aaaaaaand the trophy didn't pop. Absolutely fantastic. So yeah. People might be aware of this. 

Faced a similar problem. I closed the game, started it again and the trophy dropped out as soon as control was given.

1 minute ago, Zuntenshi said:

I tried to restart the game twice before posting, and still no luck. :/ 

Are you online?

Also check media gallery and see if there is an image and video of you getting the trophy, if yes, the trophy will eventually show up in your list.

45 minutes ago, xDriverZero said:

Are you online?

Also check media gallery and see if there is an image and video of you getting the trophy, if yes, the trophy will eventually show up in your list.

Yeah. Been playing online since release. And no, no video or picture, since I disabled it. 

Edit: It just randomly popped.. Not even on the same biome or anything. No idea what the heck happened, but it popped.. Now if the other biome trophy would pop as well, that would be swell. 

Edited by Zuntenshi
  • Like 1

I give up after running the first Biom for 15 hours. The game is great but hunting this collectible is a massive waste of time. Judging by the rate this room spawns, even the next thousand hours running it can have zero results and I already regret the first 15 hours I spent on it.

In my point of view, the Platinum is simply unobtainable at this point. I'm just sad it's not because of lack of skill but because of not being lucky enough in the spinning wheel of fortune.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KUS_SWAT_ said:

And now the same for me. I owe you a beer. Been running first Biome for 2 hours and came back to check this thread where I found your tip. Only took the first blue side route I found and immediately restarted. Found the room in 15 minutes. It was the same cross-shaped room as the one from the picture in this thread, but there were sentinels/searchlights instead of red bubbles.

Either that was an insane luck, or this is a valid way to get this log FAST.

Edited by NarcissusBaz

23 hours ago, KUS_SWAT_ said:

49 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

And now the same for me. I owe you a beer. Been running first Biome for 2 hours and came back to check this thread where I found your tip. Only took the first blue side route I found and immediately restarted. Found the room in 15 minutes. It was the same cross-shaped room as the one from the picture in this thread, but there were sentinels/searchlights instead of red bubbles.

Either that was an insane luck, or this is a valid way to get this log FAST.

It was insane luck. I was trying this for several hours straight. I still think it is the best method, though.. since you don't have to run the whole Biom.

I got Log 9, but the trophy didn’t pop. The card for the Ruins survey says I’m at 97% on survey and 83% on logs. I have logs 1-19. I have not beat the biome 3 boss or anything beyond yet. Is there a log you get later in the Overgrown Ruins, or is this a glitch? 

Edited by QuietCool187
Clarification