Ps Now May 2021

Sailar91

Awful month. Main one is an old PS Plus game. This service is getting worse every month. And games are constantly disappearing, Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within vanished, Evil Within 2 has a timer out of nowhere and is leaving tomorrow, Sniper Elite 3 gone, F1 14-15-16-17 gone, probably more that I haven't noticed. I just think they are really struggling to get games on the service if this is all they can offer. 

• Like 4

No one should be surprised to see Bethesda games evaporating from this service. Microsoft acquisition could be thanked for that.  Similarly, EA probably is to be thanked for the F1 games, being Codemasters and all. EA likes to vault/sunset older games even on their own service. 

As for PS Now this month, happy to see Streets of Rage 4 added.  I have slim hopes there is another game or two that sneaks into the update when it goes live.

Hope they do the $1 deal again, although SoR4 just might persuade me to fork over $10 to play it (along with a bunch of other miscellaneous games) before November.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Awful month. Main one is an old PS Plus game. This service is getting worse every month. And games are constantly disappearing, Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within vanished, Evil Within 2 has a timer out of nowhere and is leaving tomorrow, Sniper Elite 3 gone, F1 14-15-16-17 gone, probably more that I haven't noticed. I just think they are really struggling to get games on the service if this is all they can offer. 

I agree with you, getting only 3 games is even more a downside for this service because the possibility of receiving some bad or already owned games is even bigger

• Like 1

Two PS Now games on PS+ and a PS+ game on PS Now, and no bonus games. At least back before PS Now switched to big games, they'd add a bunch of permanent (or semi-permanent) games every month, even if most of them were just indies. I'd rather get a bunch of obscure indie titles than an AAA game I can play for... a month. And all the double dipping! Jesus christ.

After this year is done, unless Sony gets their shit in order, I don't think I'll keep using PS Now. It's just not worth it.

• Like 2

While PS+ offers interesting game for both PS5 and PS4, PS Now has become the worst paid service Playstation has ever done and it is becoming a Joke

2 games were added to the service for 3 and 6 months only - while PS+ lasts forever as long as your subscription is active. Nioh was already been added before as a highlight to Now as a limited time (same happened to Horizon Zero Dawn few months ago and became Highlight again as "forever in service"). No more PS3 games, no more PS4 indies, not all these games are available in all regions - I'm looking at you Goosebumps and Enslaved. I'm glad my subscription finished and I didn't get another year, otherwise I would be f*cking pissed right now. 

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Totally agree. I thought Evil Within 2 was permanent?

Just now, flashpool23 said:

Only 3 games and 2 are time limited? I'm not really a fan of this pattern. 

Meanwhile Microsoft announced 9 games coming to Game Pass soon. 

10 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Totally agree. I thought Evil Within 2 was permanent?

Meanwhile Microsoft announced 9 games coming to Game Pass soon. 

To be fair, even basic Gamepass is well over twice the price of Now. And, despite currently getting more games per month, it will be a very very long time before it gets close to the number of games on Now at this rate.

They are newer games, admittedly, if that still matters in these days of huge backlogs.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

To be fair, even basic Gamepass is well over twice the price of Now. And, despite currently getting more games per month, it will be a very very long time before it gets close to the number of games on Now at this rate.

They are newer games, admittedly, if that still matters in these days of huge backlogs.

I'm surprised PS Now even still exists. Most people don't care or say it's trash. I'm surprised it didn't die years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I'm surprised PS Now even still exists. Most people don't care or say it's trash. I'm surprised it didn't die years ago. 

It’s great. For about a year. I didn’t renew after that as i had played most of the games I was interested in, and there was too much duplication with ps plus to make both services worthwhile. I’m hoping they’ll integrate them. At which point I might consider them both, but the duplication would need to stop.

On 03/05/2021 at 5:14 PM, GUDGER666 said:

PSNow really needs to step things up to be even comparable as a competitor of gamepass. I still prefer my PS to xbox, but the fact you can't download the PS3 games (I know about the docks of actual PS3s they use, it's a shame) and instead have to put up with poor latency and input lag is a huge downside. I haven't even dabbled in the PS4 games that PS Now offers as it ends up adding the games months after I've already caved and bought them. The service is poor and overpriced imo.

• 3 weeks later...