Announcing PlayStation’s new partnership with Discord

I guess this is the reason why they killed communities on ps4 and are shutting down the vitas messaging system. Since more then likely theres gonna be a huge firmware update that overhauls the whole messaging system to work with discord.

• Like 2

Great news! Something people asking for, for a while now. With the announcement of the PS3 and Vita stores not shutting down and now this, Jim Ryan really shows he listens to the us, the players. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

The Jim Ryan era just keeps getting stronger.

Jim Ryan once again proves that he is the greatest ally a Playstation gamer can have. Considering the recent string of excellent decisions, it is only a matter of time before a new religion will rise. Rejoice friends, as we can all share a world with a true legend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Neat, I guess. Weird it took so long.

Weird it took so long.  LOL.  What timeframe were you expecting to see Discord integrated into the Playstation Network?  A week ago we all thought Microsoft was purchasing Discord.  

You must be on the "inside".

8 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Weird it took so long.  LOL.  What timeframe were you expecting to see Discord integrated into the Playstation Network?  A week ago we all thought Microsoft was purchasing Discord.  

You must be on the "inside".

There's been connectivity with other platforms for years. PS has been the only one left out. I guess it's neat they're making an actual discord app for PS, but it's weird it took so long for there to be any kind of integration at all.

• Like 3

I am just curious how this is going to work with Sony's policy. I assume user will link their PSN account with Discord. Let's say if user says something inappropriate in Discord, will this also affect this user's PSN account? I am not fans of all the Sony's communication platform. Considering it's political correctness gone too far policy.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

There's been connectivity with other platforms for years. PS has been the only one left out. I guess it's neat they're making an actual discord app for PS, but it's weird it took so long for there to be any kind of integration at all.

I'm not familiar with the connectivity on the other platforms that you're referring to but I get your context now, thanks for the clarification. 

Hopefully I was right that you're on the "inside".  

1 minute ago, GTA_Darren said:

I am just curious how this is going to work with Sony's policy. I assume user will link their PSN account with Discord. Let's say if user says something inappropriate in Discord, will this also affect this user's PSN account? I am not fans of all the Sony's communication platform. Considering it's political correctness gone too far policy.

Depends on how far the "integration" goes. If Sony just allows people to communicate over Discord by allowing the OS to receive Discord data and doesn't create their own Discord, then they have no moderation responsibility and it'd be treated like off platform communication, like a YouTube trash talk video.