suggestions in how to roadmap the plat for this game

i thought i ask whats the easiest way to plat this game, as i cant find any guide on the site?

i just plat DMC 1 and 3. seeing this one, the trophies that mention s or sss rank look intimidating.

its there a step by step approach in how to plat the game?

for example, complete on normal first, go more playthroughs to power up and gain combat experience, pass DMD to unlock super costumes, and go back to s rank opponents?

how difficult is it to s rank everything if costumes penalises you for it?

should i leave the bloody palace last using super costumes?

advice from those doing well or have succeeded will be welcomed.

thanks

A pretty fast way to approach this game is like this (at least that's how I did it)

• Human+Devil Hunter as  Nero/Dante
  • Son of Sparda as Lady/Trish
  • Dante Must Die+Heaven or Hell+Hell and Hell as Nero/Dante
  • Legendary Dark Knight as Vergil

Use all these playthroughs to upgrade your stuff. 

Defeating the bosses with SSS should not be too hard if you learn their patterns and you max out your characters, the only tricky ones are Dante, Dagon/Bael(must be done on DMD mode since he has crap health) and Agnus(he loves running around and throw shit at you). Lady is a prime contender for this because of her charged moves, Nero being a close second. 

To give an example how to beat Dante with an SSS rank, I will slap a small spoiler below:

Spoiler

NOW for Bloody Palace(leave it for dead last):

• Nero/Dante - use Super Costumes gained from finishing DMD, you will probably take the No Damage trophy on floor 101 as Dante by abusing Pandora.
  • Lady/Vergil - they are pretty OP, you won't have any issues with them maxed out
  • Trish - probably the hardest to finish the BP with. Stage 85 will be a nightmare with the 2 Blitzes. Learn how to use the Pandora attack with her in order to remove the Blitz shield.

For S ranking the missions, I found the hardest levels for that are Dante Must Die (duh) and ...Human Mode shockingly enough, because the enemies die too fast and you can't get enough Style points. Especially M13 and M18 are terribly annoying, make sure you kill every enemy and especially for M13, you backtrack abit to get more enemies. I believe it's M13, it's the mission with Dante through the jungle.

Hope this small roadmap helps you. Might not have been the most optimal way to approach the game but it got its job done in my case. Best of luck, may you platinum this beast of a game!

P.S. Not related to this topic, but don't bother with DMC2 unless you really are a fan of the series xD 

• Like 4

It's not as intimidating as it seems, I'd even go as far to say that the S Ranks for all difficulties are more time consuming than difficult tbh except some annoying missions on DMD because you can literally cheese all of them with Lady&Trish

With Lady you can just keep spamming the charged Pistols and Rocket Launcher and BAM free style points

With Trish you can throw your sword and keep spamming forward triangle (charged) or backwards triangle (also charged) which will give you crazy amounts of Style points

Beware though that this method is really and i mean REALLY boring, the hard part will be not killing yourself out of boredom

The only trophy that actually has difficulty is finishing Bloody Palace with Trish

You can use Super Costumes with the rest of the characters and for Lady just keep jumping in circles and spam Chraged Pistol shots

As for the roadmap :

1-Either play the game on Human or Devil Hunter (I recommend DH) with Nero/Dante and get all secret missions and if you want, you can save a playthrough by getting the S Ranks on DH in this playthrough but that's not realistic for a first time player since you'll need to get at least 80-90% of the red orbs for the S Ranks

2-Cheese all S-Ranks difficulties with Lady/Trish while getting SSS on bosses along the way (which will probably come naturally except Dante and probably The Savior)

I suggest using items on DMD S rank runs

Also, this playlist will be helpful

This one too :

3-Finish Heaven or Hell & Hell and Hell witb Vergil since you'll have to finish the game once with him and with Super Costume he's the easiest character to finish HAH with

4-Finish bloody palace and clean-up

And i think that's it, if you have any questions or need help feel free to PM me.

thanks.

i want to buy the ps4 disc version. i have the ps3 disc so suppose i can play with no pressure on trophies as that doesnt have trophy support.

where can i buy the ps4 disc version of the game? i cant find it on amazon, ebay or fb.

also - is this plat harder than DMC5 or is the latter worse to get?

1 hour ago, rockstarjazz said:

thanks.

i want to buy the ps4 disc version. i have the ps3 disc so suppose i can play with no pressure on trophies as that doesnt have trophy support.

where can i buy the ps4 disc version of the game? i cant find it on amazon, ebay or fb.

There is no physical version of DMC4 on PS4 outside of Japan/Hong Kong.

Another thing to keep in mind while getting S ranks is that the red orbs rank doesn't mean the orbs dropped by enemies but the ones found in the field. You can have max count for red orbs and still not get an S rank. Give me a bit and I can find the picture. So always gather every orb you see and break everything.

Also, Play Asia has the physical PS4 copy for $29.99 right now and I can confirm it's in English.

5 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

I would personally say this one is harder to get, but just because DMC5 has some cheesing mechanics that make the S ranking a breeze. This one however is more annoying /frustrating /backtrack-ish. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

I would personally say this one is harder to get, but just because DMC5 has some cheesing mechanics that make the S ranking a breeze. This one however is more annoying /frustrating /backtrack-ish. 

sorry to ask, but i hear that word used quite abit in gaming forums - 'cheesing', another is 'OP'. what do they mean please?

4 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

sorry to ask, but i hear that word used quite abit in gaming forums - 'cheesing', another is 'OP'. what do they mean please?

Ah ok, cheesing means using a simple "exploit" method to get past a very difficult section that would take you way more effort if done normally. It's an in-game mechanic, indeed, but it's not a "stylish" way to do it.

To give an example, you have to do S rank on Hell and Hell mode. You have some teleporting enemies. You can try to get very good at the game and Royal Guard them, or know when to strike OORRR you can use a special in-game weapon that nukes the entire area. That's "cheesing" xD 

Or, in DMC3, when fighting with Vergil, if you do the Beowulf Jump Cancel attack, you simply pulverize his health instead of actually fighting him fair. That's also one sort of "cheese".

OP means overpowered in this context. In DMC4, while you can go skill mode with Nero and Dante, with Vergil and Lady you simply mash a button going " ha ha here goes boom" and everything dies. 

13 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

i thought i ask whats the easiest way to plat this game, as i cant find any guide on the site?

i just plat DMC 1 and 3. seeing this one, the trophies that mention s or sss rank look intimidating.

its there a step by step approach in how to plat the game?

for example, complete on normal first, go more playthroughs to power up and gain combat experience, pass DMD to unlock super costumes, and go back to s rank opponents?

how difficult is it to s rank everything if costumes penalises you for it?

should i leave the bloody palace last using super costumes?

advice from those doing well or have succeeded will be welcomed.

thanks

i played through human difficulty with nero and dante to experience the story and to collect all health upgrades as well as clearing all secret missions.

Then i did bloody palace first so up to you if you want to leave it last or do it as the first thing.

then i did every difficulty with s rank except for HOH with lady and trish but not in order. I switched the difficulties up a bit just for a change of pace.

in the end though, there is really no true roadmap for DMC4SE it all dependa on what youre comfortable with and how you want to approach the game and getting the platinum trophy in the end. Good luck!

Edited by UlvenFenrir

On 5/4/2021 at 10:01 PM, rockstarjazz said:

thanks. not sure whether to get the standard SE on the PS store or the demon hunter bundle pack - what extras do i get in the latter? its not entirely clear..

You'll get every DLC, which is about 5 costumes, a Super costume for Nero, Dante & Vergil (without having to finish DMD With them)

And all modes/difficulties will be available from the start

On 5/4/2021 at 2:26 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

Then i did bloody palace first so up to you if you want to leave it last or do it as the first thing.

I think it would be better if he finished all the S Ranks first so he can get more comfortable and learn more about the enemies and the game itself as a hole

On 2021-05-03 at 3:09 PM, Copanele said:

A pretty fast way to approach this game is like this (at least that's how I did it)

Use all these playthroughs to upgrade your stuff. 

Defeating the bosses with SSS should not be too hard if you learn their patterns and you max out your characters, the only tricky ones are Dante, Dagon/Bael(must be done on DMD mode since he has crap health) and Agnus(he loves running around and throw shit at you). Lady is a prime contender for this because of her charged moves, Nero being a close second. 

To give an example how to beat Dante with an SSS rank, I will slap a small spoiler below:

Reveal hidden contents

NOW for Bloody Palace(leave it for dead last):

• Nero/Dante - use Super Costumes gained from finishing DMD, you will probably take the No Damage trophy on floor 101 as Dante by abusing Pandora.
  • Lady/Vergil - they are pretty OP, you won't have any issues with them maxed out
  • Trish - probably the hardest to finish the BP with. Stage 85 will be a nightmare with the 2 Blitzes. Learn how to use the Pandora attack with her in order to remove the Blitz shield.

For S ranking the missions, I found the hardest levels for that are Dante Must Die (duh) and ...Human Mode shockingly enough, because the enemies die too fast and you can't get enough Style points. Especially M13 and M18 are terribly annoying, make sure you kill every enemy and especially for M13, you backtrack abit to get more enemies. I believe it's M13, it's the mission with Dante through the jungle.

Hope this small roadmap helps you. Might not have been the most optimal way to approach the game but it got its job done in my case. Best of luck, may you platinum this beast of a game!

P.S. Not related to this topic, but don't bother with DMC2 unless you really are a fan of the series xD 

Great post! ? I’ve always been really intimidated by this platinum, mainly due to the S ranks and Bloody Palace trophies requiring you to master so many different characters. But you somehow make it sound doable haha. I’m getting close to finishing DMC3 so I’ll have to take a shot at this beast soon enough and appreciate your tips!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Great post! 1f44d.png I’ve always been really intimidated by this platinum, mainly due to the S ranks and Bloody Palace trophies requiring you to master so many different characters. But you somehow make it sound doable haha. I’m getting close to finishing DMC3 so I’ll have to take a shot at this beast soon enough and appreciate your tips!

You are welcome! Best of luck there, it can be done! It's just a lot of work, but it's not THAT difficult. By the time you are done with Son of Sparda I'd say you learned all that it is to learn about the game (especially if you are playing DMC3).

AH FORGOT! One last advice, @rockstarjazz included.

For the love of god, REMAP NERO'S GUN! L1, R1, whatever you fancy. Nero can charge his gun once you upgrade it. At level 3 his charge shot is RIDICULOUS! So you want to run and do your sword/grab goodies while charging that bad boy, then finally land that kaboom! It does a TON of damage and gets you high Style points.

Just...don't let it on default square xD you will find it very difficult to run and attack AND charge the gun.

21 minutes ago, Copanele said:

You are welcome! Best of luck there, it can be done! It's just a lot of work, but it's not THAT difficult. By the time you are done with Son of Sparda I'd say you learned all that it is to learn about the game (especially if you are playing DMC3).

AH FORGOT! One last advice, @rockstarjazz included.

For the love of god, REMAP NERO'S GUN! L1, R1, whatever you fancy. Nero can charge his gun once you upgrade it. At level 3 his charge shot is RIDICULOUS! So you want to run and do your sword/grab goodies while charging that bad boy, then finally land that kaboom! It does a TON of damage and gets you high Style points.

Just...don't let it on default square xD you will find it very difficult to run and attack AND charge the gun.

I love these DMC games! But I’d say I’m pretty average in skill and haven’t played any of them nearly long enough to master the mechanics, so I mostly worry about the highly technical stuff or the things that require near perfection (SSS ranks on bosses, beating BP etc.). With DMC4 having so many characters too, it always looked to me like you’d have to spend a significant amount of time with each one in order to get good enough for a successful BP run. I didn’t know you could use the super costumes on BP in DMC4 though, that will help a lot!

Regardless though I’m looking forward to trying this one. I’ve been working through the series and really excited to try 4 & 5 as they look really amazing! Especially in terms of graphics and animations and stuff. I’d imagine they are maybe a little easier to play too, as the older games have the fixed cameras and such that can add to the difficulty curve a lot.

• Like 1

playing this game for the very first time, with my previous DMC experience being 1 and 3, both platted.

i am struggling with this game!

currently on mission 14 with dante.

i've been getting mainly B's, C's and D ranks in my mission completion in normal.

with automatic on, i can do cool things with nero's devil bringer, like grabbing and swinging opponents about. when i switch automatic off, the bringer either just 'pinches them' or brings me to them, i cant get them to swing about.

i dont really understand the L2 gauge either and how to use that with nero if someone can tell me pls?

i really dont know if i can do the plat for this game!

how on earth are you supposed to s rank all the missions up to DMD?! and s rank bloody palace and sss rank the bosses? HOW!?

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/05/2021 at 11:09 PM, Copanele said:

i am using vergil for LDK right now and he is shit.

i finish missions with c and d ranks and my stylish points are always a D.

its actually gotten me so angry. SO ANGRY, i nearly smashed my controller. i am shaking in rage right now. i thought i was good at this game, getting A's on normal and some S's on easy. i dont think its even possible to s rank LDK is it?

havent tried DMD yet but it looks hopeless, why they make the game this hard is ridiculous. and i platinumed dmc 1 and 3 twice

19 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i am using vergil for LDK right now and he is shit.

i finish missions with c and d ranks and my stylish points are always a D.

its actually gotten me so angry. SO ANGRY, i nearly smashed my controller. i am shaking in rage right now. i thought i was good at this game, getting A's on normal and some S's on easy. i dont think its even possible to s rank LDK is it?

havent tried DMD yet but it looks hopeless, why they make the game this hard is ridiculous. and i platinumed dmc 1 and 3 twice

It's very possible, you just need to buy them sweet skills first.

Of course at the beginning Vergil is pretty shit. However once you buy all of his stuff and make the most out of his Concentration gauge (especially discovering his Judgment Cut End skill)....he's by far the most broken asshole from the game xD Teleport -> his Beowulf moonsault -> teleport cancel ->stinger -> again cancel -> slash with yamato and so on would clear up every grunt without breaking a sweat.

You can always pop DT in a bind and just go slash slash with Yamato. The main difference between this and 1/3 is that although the bosses are way easier (like only one, max 2 come even close to the beasts in DMC3), the enemies are harder to deal with. Or rather, more annoying.

Just keep at it, level up Vergil and you'll do fine. Also take tons of breaks, unlike DMC1/3, DMC4 is TEDIOUS TO THE MAX! Easily the hardest DMC to platinum.

Oh and Lady/Trish ain't good for LDK mode unless you master Trish. Lady's part can be S ranked no issues but Trish's part will be a massive pain. 

Edited by Copanele

edit: just completed the plat.

i consulted lots of youtube videos and knowing exactly how to s rank via points/time/orbs using the playstationtrophies forum, plus anticipating what opponents will come up in the BP next stage, helped me greatly. the frustrations i was experiencing was due to not know about these approaches.

these are my tips to anyone wanting to plat this one.

Edited by rockstarjazz