“Unlimited” Boost when playing on PS5

damienjablonski

When grinding the gold prestige events two months ago I noticed that when playing on the PS5 weird things would happen. Race timers would work for a few minutes then afterwards they would break, wherein I couldn’t tell how much time has passed during the race or how much time I had left during a trial (the drift score meters never broke). I also noticed that in most sessions I would have “unlimited” boost inconsistently, due to what I thought was lag. I noticed this the most during drift events and during races with long stretches of straight roads, where I could keep a top speed possible only through boosting for long periods of time by holding down the boost button (280+ on the Porsche). In drift events I could hold down boost and just never run out. In some of the longer races such as Dream Team I would have unlimited boost for about the first third or half of the event, hence why its quite inconsistent. One downside is that steering can be extremely challenging/inconsistent in these kinds of lobbies and drift score might not count sometimes at random due to server lag (very annoying for Mental Block). In some events I didn’t have unlimited boost at all, which is more confusing than anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I found the prestige events to be easier because of this but still quite hard, some still taking 15 hours to complete. Maybe I’m onto something here that’ll make these events just a little bit easier for people (it’s still a painful grind)

Edited by damienjablonski

1 hour ago, damienjablonski said:

When grinding the gold prestige events two months ago I noticed that when playing on the PS5 weird things would happen. Race timers would work for a few minutes then afterwards they would break, wherein I couldn’t tell how much time has passed during the race or how much time I had left during a trial (the drift score meters never broke). I also noticed that in most sessions I would have “unlimited” boost inconsistently, due to what I thought was lag. I noticed this the most during drift events and during races with long stretches of straight roads, where I could keep a top speed possible only through boosting for long periods of time by holding down the boost button (280+ on the Porsche). In drift events I could hold down boost and just never run out. In some of the longer races such as Dream Team I would have unlimited boost for about the first third or half of the event, hence why its quite inconsistent. One downside is that steering can be extremely challenging/inconsistent in these kinds of lobbies and drift score might not count sometimes at random due to server lag (very annoying for Mental Block). In some events I didn’t have unlimited boost at all, which is more confusing than anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I found the prestige events to be easier because of this but still quite hard, some still taking 15 hours to complete. Maybe I’m onto something here that’ll make these events just a little bit easier for people (it’s still a painful grind)

nice find ill have to go back and try prestige, i also had the issue where the timer disappeared