Trophy Discussion Thread

Cosmokeeper

Hey everyone! We gotta have a trophy discussion thread about the trophies in this awesome game ? After trying out the demo version I was immediately sold. This is the same topic as in the AS version forum but since this is the global version I assume it will have more traffic ?

Any R-Type veterans that want to weigh in with opinions? There are a few trophies that seem quite hard indeed. I love SHMUPs but I'm an average SHMUP player, somewhere on the lower spectrum of the average skill scale so medium difficulty for a veteran will be higher for me. I love the physical Inaugural Flight Edition of the game!

Edited by Cosmokeeper

I'd say Flawless R-TYPER - "Started with a difficulty of R-TYPER or higher and cleared the Final Mission without crashing once. Unbelievable!" - will be the real barrier to the Platinum here.  

I'm struggling to get through the game on Normal because of level 3.  One stray bullet ruins your whole run at that point.  I guess it'll come down to what the best ships can offer you but I reckon only the real experts will max this one out.

• Like 1

Tough and also a bit of a grindy Platinum. Flawless R-Typer will take some skill. The problem is that if you die and lose all of your power-ups - you'll probably lose your other ships straight after.

I imagine there to be eventually cheat codes as they are in most of the old R-Type games. If there is a god mode cheat it will become much easier of course.

Edited by Shady_Wombat

Yesterday I was playing for 6 hours straighin a rowt, I'm really enjoying it. I think it is much better than the first 'R-Type Final', that I have seemed more boring the way to get all the ships without forcing you to play with some for a certain time.

In 'Final 2' I have already unlocked 23 ships (two of them with passwords) and all the ramifications of the levels.

Been at it for some time (25 hours). This :platinum: will remain ultra rare IMO.

Flawless R-Typer is not easy. There are three spots in the game that can cause easy death for me - the second damn boss (due to pattern and seed randomness), the Bydo alpha fleet in 4 (you can switch ships to TX-T but the force/drone homing randomness never works for me here) and the Bydo alpha fleet on 7.2 (I'd say 6.2 and 7.2 is the late stage combo run most likely to be the easiest). Problem is that you die once you're done on R-Typer after you lose all power ups (well I am anyway) you might as well quit.

Also admiral rank is a no joke grind. Beat 1,000 levels without dying is going to take a long, looooong time even on practice - but i assume most people will need a lot of seasoning for flawless R-Typer so you will probably get it on the way (Assuming admiral rank even comes after captain and there is no further rank in between). I'd say this 100% is easily harder than Soldner X-2 and maybe even Himmelsturmer.