Wreckfest Trophy Guide (15 Hour Platinum) - [Video]

GothGirlMaxine

2 hours ago, ManiaWP said:

Slightly unrelated, but is there a way to mute other users in a lobby?

I've noticed this with ps5 on other games: the controller's automatically make your voice heard and it's really annoying!

Have you used the mute button on the PS5 controller? I don't do multiplayer games much so that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Sweet. I’ll check this out when I do this game. Pizzeria guide when?

Sweet! Not sure on that one haha xD 

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

How difficult would winning 20 online events with out boosting? I very much want to play this though and would not be against boosting, but if it isn't to difficult to do without boosting I would.

The servers are fairly active anyway, but the boosting method just makes it quicker. However, I found the online very fun when playing legit and if you're using a fully upgraded Rocket, it's usually pretty easy to win legit anyway. 

17 hours ago, ManiaWP said:

Slightly unrelated, but is there a way to mute other users in a lobby?

I've noticed this with ps5 on other games: the controller's automatically make your voice heard and it's really annoying!

If you hit the Guide button and go to the Sound menu there's a toggle there to specifically mute all in-game mic and voice audio. It came with the most recent system update, game audio still works but all voice audio (including your own) gets muted. I had to find that out within seconds of going in to my first lobby! ?

16 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

How difficult would winning 20 online events with out boosting? I very much want to play this though and would not be against boosting, but if it isn't to difficult to do without boosting I would.

The PS5 doesn't count progress for this trophy but so far all of the games I've found are team-based so there's a 50/50 chance of "winning" the round. I can't imagine it'll take long at all. Assuming that team-games are contributing to the trophy progress, just play for fun and you should get this anyway without any need for boosting.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, IICYBERSPEEDII said:

@ManiaWP Your PS5 controller mic is default on, but if you go to Settings -> Sound -> Microphone -> Microphone Status When logged in. You can set it  to Mute, a yellow/orange light should allways be on under the PS logo telling you your muted. I noticed that i many games people have there mic on not realising it. So please spread the word. As i have heard some weird things, and it's clear that these people had no idea it was on when i confronted them.

For what it's worth the way I mentioned of muting the game via the Guide button and the Sound menu there mutes all voice audio without displaying the Mute light on the controller, if that kinda thing bothers you! ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AHerpWithinADerp said:

For what it's worth the way I mentioned of muting the game via the Guide button and the Sound menu there mutes all voice audio without displaying the Mute light on the controller, if that kinda thing bothers you! 1f642.png

Personally, I don't feel like that light is a bother at all. It's kinda low key and hidden, but you know it's there anyway. Just my opinion though. 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:28 AM, AHerpWithinADerp said:

The PS5 doesn't count progress for this trophy but so far all of the games I've found are team-based so there's a 50/50 chance of "winning" the round. I can't imagine it'll take long at all. Assuming that team-games are contributing to the trophy progress, just play for fun and you should get this anyway without any need for boosting.

What playlist/server are you playing on to find team-based games? I've played in several different ones & have only had solo games, I didn't even know team-based was an option until I saw your post.

11 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

What playlist/server are you playing on to find team-based games? I've played in several different ones & have only had solo games, I didn't even know team-based was an option until I saw your post.

So playing again the following night the Quickplay option didn't give me any team games whatsoever so apologies if that seemed misleading! I wonder if the Quickplay option rotates solo / team modes.

Anyway you can use the server browser to find just team-based games (If I remember right you can sort the game-type column and find them that way) and join from there although I struggled to join those listing 23/24 players as they'd seem to fill up immediately. Look for the team-games then join those with fewer players and that should see you right! ?

Edited by AHerpWithinADerp
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AHerpWithinADerp said:

So playing again the following night the Quickplay option didn't give me any team games whatsoever so apologies if that seemed misleading! I wonder if the Quickplay option rotates solo / team modes.

Anyway you can use the server browser to find just team-based games (If I remember right you can sort the game-type column and find them that way) and join from there although I struggled to join those listing 23/24 players as they'd seem to fill up immediately. Look for the team-games then join those with fewer players and that should see you right! 1f600.png

Yeah that works a treat, thanks for that.

I'm surprised people are boosting this game considering how fun it is. I'm playing Team Death Bowl races online when I see them & if the lobby allows special vehicles, I'm using the school bus to combo the bus kills trophy with the online wins one. Win or lose I gain xp every game & I'm having a blast, it's like I'm 8 years old again playing Destruction Derby 2 for the first time & I'm loving it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Yeah that works a treat, thanks for that.

I'm surprised people are boosting this game considering how fun it is. I'm playing Team Death Bowl races online when I see them & if the lobby allows special vehicles, I'm using the school bus to combo the bus kills trophy with the online wins one. Win or lose I gain xp every game & I'm having a blast, it's like I'm 8 years old again playing Destruction Derby 2 for the first time & I'm loving it.

I’m hoping that team games do actually count toward the trophy but I am starting to have doubts. Across PSN Profiles or PS Trophies I can’t find people talking about using this game mode. It seems like it’d be a no-brained way to get it without boosting but I’ve played all day today on team modes and the team have won lots. Granted I haven’t kept count so I could just be off, but if I am off I’m not far off!

4 hours ago, AHerpWithinADerp said:

I’m hoping that team games do actually count toward the trophy but I am starting to have doubts. Across PSN Profiles or PS Trophies I can’t find people talking about using this game mode. It seems like it’d be a no-brained way to get it without boosting but I’ve played all day today on team modes and the team have won lots. Granted I haven’t kept count so I could just be off, but if I am off I’m not far off!

Well custom & private lobbies count from what I've seen people saying so I don't see any reason why public team games won't, would certainly be an odd design decision if that was the case.

On 5/8/2021 at 3:50 PM, AHerpWithinADerp said:

I'm happy to confirm that team games DO count towards the trophy. The tracker isn't perfect & sometimes doesn't count games for reasons I don't know (it took me 22 wins that I manually counted to unlock the trophy) but they do definitely count in team modes. 6 of my wins came from team modes, 10+ from Banger Races & my last few in Last Man Standing so I had wins across all modes.

All games I won had multiple players & the team games had players on every team so I'm not sure why 2 wins didn't count but otherwise, it seems all modes are good.

-Edit-

I forgot to add, the trophy popped as soon as I crossed the finishing line of the race that counted my last win, the screen that shows your time straight after finishing a race hadn't even fully appeared so you'll know straight away if you've got enough wins upon winning an event.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Added info
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I'm happy to confirm that team games DO count towards the trophy. The tracker isn't perfect & sometimes doesn't count games for reasons I don't know (it took me 22 wins that I manually counted to unlock the trophy) but they do definitely count in team modes. 6 of my wins came from team modes, 10+ from Banger Races & my last few in Last Man Standing so I had wins across all modes.

All games I won had multiple players & the team games had players on every team so I'm not sure why 2 wins didn't count but otherwise, it seems all modes are good.

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY ? Will carry on just enjoying the multiplayer as is then!

• Like 1

On 07/05/2021 at 3:42 PM, Fr_0zt said:

Cool, gonna go for this once I'm done with Returnal, hopefully by Sunday. 

Edit: 

Gonna start this tomorrow.  Game looks fun 1f601.png

Enjoy it dude! The game is hella fun! :) 

• Like 1

Anybody having issue with the Glutton For Punishment trophy? Ive been wrecked way more than 100 times. I have to be doing something incorrectly??

Managed to get it, definitely did more then 100 but im just happy it registered

Edited by Necronite568

So I'm curious if anyone can 100% confirm that being on the winning team counts? I've spent the past few days playing this and I'm awful at it, so a lot of my time was spent in team lobbies. I wasn't recording my match results but I feel like I didn't actually come first in 20 rounds (though its possible, I have spent 20 hours playing), but If team wins count I would definitely say I got enough wins. The multiplayer trophy popped after i won a FFA deathmatch so I unfortunately can't confirm that being on the winning team can pop that trophy. Just some of the earlier replies here seem vague on whether they came first or not too, but they probably did mean being on the winning team.

Edited by BARD_BARD
spelling
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BARD_BARD said:

So I'm curious if anyone can 100% confirm that being on the winning team counts? I've spent the past few days playing this and I'm awful at it, so a lot of my time was spent in team lobbies. I wasn't recording my match results but I feel like I didn't actually come first in 20 rounds (though its possible, I have spent 20 hours playing), but If team wins count I would definitely say I got enough wins. The multiplayer trophy popped after i won a FFA deathmatch so I unfortunately can't confirm that being on the winning team can pop that trophy. Just some of the earlier replies here seem vague on whether they came first or not too, but they probably did mean being on the winning team.

Winning team is good enough. I only recall finishing first overall in 2 Team Deathmatches while earning my wins, the rest I was top 5. 

It's even possible to finish first overall but be on the losing team due to how scoring works on Wreckfest. As long as your on the winning team regardless of your overall position at the end, it will count towards your 20.

• Like 4