New Feature Idea

Hello Everyone,

I had the idea for a new feature: It´d be great if it was possible to leave comments on other profiles or rate their collection. This makes it more interactive and maybe it would motivate some poeple to play less shitty "free platinum" games :D

Let me know what you think about the idea

1 hour ago, xTheTrommeL said:

Hello Everyone,

I had the idea for a new feature: It´d be great if it was possible to leave comments on other profiles or rate their collection. This makes it more interactive and maybe it would motivate some poeple to play less shitty "free platinum" games :D

Let me know what you think about the idea

That would be interesting if it were Opt-In and the person receiving the comments had moderation abilities. I can only imagine the amount of drive-by 0 ratings for people with any "EZ plats" on the profile with people saying "This is to help motivate you to play less shitty free platinum games!"

People can do this now in Trophy Checklists in the forums if they wanted to.

Edited by DaivRules
Multitasking is better for computers than humans...
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

This sounds like inviting harassment to people who have no interest in having people comment on their profiles. This would drive people away from trophy hunting, not encourage it. This is a terrible idea.

This^

This is a terrible idea that's just asking for trouble so it gets a big fat NO from me.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'd say to just create a checklist if you want others to comment on yours, post on their feed or other's checklist if you want to leave feedback on theirs, or if you want immediate feedback on your own, post here:

It is an interesting idea, but I definitely think this would lead to a lot of griefing and negativity towards others. The way to stop people from playing shitty games is to make a rarity leaderboard and make that the standard, not a space to grief them.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Carol said:

In an utopian world, where everyone knew how to be polite, positive, kind and encouraging, I think this would be a good idea. Considering that’s not how the real world and, especially, the Internet work, since people are just so hateful to each other, I can’t agree with the idea.

I think my profile is decent, but there’s no way I want it judged by elitists. I play whatever I want and I do whatever trophies/platinums my motivation and skill level allow me to do. Feeling good about your own profile is all that matters.

Someone get this man a beer!:awesome:

I agree with u 100%. Though it sounds like a good idea it will lead to people logging out of PSNProfiles r not playing a specific game just to avoid criticism from other people. Yes,i would like this idea implemented but maybe in a different way:unsure:?

The idea is to grow this site to one big family not rebuke people from it.

• Like 1

Yeah, you´re right, I didn´t think about the negative effect it could have. Making it optional might help but having a rarity based leaderboard is a great idea aswell. Maybe you could use the rarity as a multiplier. Just to clarify btw, I don´t hate anyone with easy platinums, but I think we should think about ways to make harder platinums more attractive, also for me.

In the forums I only saw positive interactions though. Since we are a community sharing the same passion for trophy hunting, I don´t think there were many "harassments" 

As much as I despise the whole ezplat trend and support the idea of increased interaction between community members, I think introducing any kind of profile rating system would have more negative than positive effects. Too many people would weaponize it against each other and I think overall it could very well lead to PSNP becoming a more toxic place, which nobody wants.

Right now I tend to simply shoot other users a private message or some kind words of encouragement when I stumble across a really impressive profile, or a trophy collection that really inspires me. I know it’s not quite the same, but I would encourage more people to do this more often. You might even make some new friends. ?

• Like 1

This blows my mind, since a couple nights ago I had a weird dream where I was commenting on someone's Platinum trophy, I had thought of creating a post as featured idea too. What I had dreamt wasn't to post on profiles (You have your Forum feed after all) but having a comment box inside people invididual trophies. 

And well, what's the issue with harassement? You can do that in the forums, in PMs, etc. You can't deny a feature because there will be negative people, since there will always be. That people just need to be reported and banned, plus having the possibility to not allowing comments on your profile, beyond the harassing part there could be people that simply want their profile clean or don't want social interaction on it.

Edit: Also I don't know why you people imagine there would be so many -or at all- negative comments, the PMs I've always revieved here are positive and never had issues with any user. I'm sure that no one that hasn't bothered anyone would get any negative comments out of the blue, if you're people who like to criticize other people's profiles and take part on forum dramas, of course you'll have trolls on your profile since you're on the same bag.

Edited by YonahFuriae
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, YonahFuriae said:

And well, what's the issue with harassement? You can do that in the forums, in PMs, etc. You can't deny a feature because there will be negative people, since there will always be. That people just need to be reported and banned, plus having the possibility to not allowing comments on your profile, beyond the harassing part there could be people that simply want their profile clean or don't want social interaction on it.

Agreed. Might as well shut down everything if you're that afraid of anything negative.

• Like 1

The idea sounds good on paper but people will be abusing this unfortunately. Many years ago on this website you could "rate" users on their profile by giving them 1 to 5 stars (1 star being the lowest). People who disagreed with each other wouldn't hesitate to drop the 1 star rating as a form or trolling. I can easily see the same thing happening here.

• Like 2

Wouldn't use it myself, but yeah, could be pretty nice as an opt-in feature. I think the manner in which you presented the idea made people less receptive:

8 hours ago, xTheTrommeL said:

maybe it would motivate some poeple to play less shitty "free platinum" games

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Wouldn't use it myself, but yeah, could be pretty nice as an opt-in feature. I think the manner in which you presented the idea made people less receptive:

I think there was a misunderstanding. I didn´t mean that all ezplatinum games are shitty. But that some people play lots of crappy games just because the platinum is easy. Of course there are good games with an easy platinum aswell. 

9 hours ago, xTheTrommeL said:

I think there was a misunderstanding. I didn´t mean that all ezplatinum games are shitty. But that some people play lots of crappy games just because the platinum is easy. Of course there are good games with an easy platinum aswell. 

One man's trash is another man's treasure so just because you think an easy game sucks, doesn't mean someone else will. I've played several games in my time that a lot of people revile and consider to be garbage but I personally consider to be misunderstood and actually a lot of fun.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

13 minutes ago, xTheTrommeL said:

True, but the issue with the suggestion is that you are essentially opening a free way for people to directly harass others exactly because they play easy games (you essentially showed what is the major negative point on what you were suggesting at the same time).

It's a "good innocent idea on paper", but sadly the internet isn't an innocent place, so it would be taken advantage of by people that live to harass everyone around them for sure.. that's just how things are on the internet..

The issue isn't really what you think, or how you would use it. The issue is how others would use it (I'm partial on that not all easy games are crap, like my profile shows, but both of our opinions don't count when making a feature for "everyone else" to use).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

I wasn´t thinking about people hating other people because of their profile, I was thinking about interaction, giving probs, receiving and giving appreciation for all the hard work you put into it. There is a reason why "Platinum Chasers" is reviewing other´s profiles on youtube and the list of people who want to receive a review is so long. I was thinking about congratulating a first or fastest achiever directly on his profile. Or giving probs to someone because he has hundrets of platinums without lots of "shitty easy-platinums". And in case someone abuses the system you can report him, just like in the forums.

With all what you guys said, I do agree that a rating system might not be a good idea. But I will stick to my opinion that a optional (!) comment section directly on the PSNprofile would be cool in order to encourage everything I said above.