TalesofGaming's Trophy Collection

• 1 month later...

L05e2e6.png

1Le1a9ea.png

#50 - Advent of the Akiba God

Finally managed to finish this game after it was sitting on my backlog for years...

My Review: I remember seeing an advertisement for this game way back during the PS3 days and thought it was one of the most stupid games out there and just typical "trash." However, after watching more footage of the game, I started to get intrigued about it and asked for it for Christmas one year (I know right?). After playing it for the first time, I really enjoyed it and realized this game is not to be taken seriously and to just enjoy its goofiness. I was especially happy that it wasn't just women you were stripping. I feel like it did a good job of catering to both demographics. Since this is a PS3 game, the gameplay was really clunky and took a lot of time getting used to and even then, I was still pretty bad at the game. LOL The story is pretty short, can definitely speed run it in about 2ish hours or so and was pretty mediocre at best or a typical JRPG. I do like the whole vampire concept though, it makes sense to strip their clothes off! The platinum was pretty easy to obtain since it was just collectibles and then getting all the endings which wasn't very difficult at all. The hard part for me were the difficulty trophies since I don't like them in the first place. Though, having all my equipment maxed out to 999 and making sure to just use counterattacks, worked out in the long run and didn't have too much trouble. Although this game is silly, I do recommend it if people want a goofy game and relatively easy platinum. LOL

Platinum difficulty: 3/10

My Overall Score: C+

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

L3baf76.png

1La37e7a.png

#51 - Insanity

Glad I managed to finally complete this! Was in the mood for some horror. ?

My Review: It has been about two years since I got a trophy from this game which was because I had only played the OG, like everybody else. ? However, I thought it was finally time to get this out of my backlog and platinum it. I'm glad it wasn't too hard; it was mostly just complete each game and making sure to read all notes. Now, I was honestly surprised how A Machine for Pigs went. I actually quite enjoyed it. Sure, it's not as amazing as the first game but it still had its moments where it frightened me. LOL The Manpig designs I thought were really cool and disgusting. ? I still gotta get through hard mode though for that 100% which is not going to be fun; I have already died once and got booted back to the beginning. RIP

My Overall Score: A+

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Never thought I'd see someone I already knew here! (I'm JellyFilledEmpanada on youtube). I've been debating playing whichever akiba is on psnow so I'll try it out. Feel free to add me on on PSN by the way!

Hey! Nice to see you! See you all the time on the Access streams! ? I'll take you up on that!

• 3 weeks later...

L880d01.png

1L7c9071.png

#52 - Borderland Defender Round Two

This game was really fun with the best partner ever, @KazaneHime. ?

My Review: I had played BL3 first before playing the second game and I absolutely loved both entries. Though, BL2 had the best villain. Jack is one of the most well-written villains I have ever seen and has made me hate his guts no matter how many times I play through the story. Overall, I felt that the characters in this story, especially the ones you get to play as, are fantastic. I spent the entire game playing as Krieg and I don't regret one minute of it. I decided to go all-out for a melee build with him and it was absolutely gorgeous! I love slicing up things with my axe. ? I think the only criticism I can think of in this game is flipping Terramorphous. I'm still baffled Kazane and I managed to beat him with just us two. Overall, this game is fantastic and honestly would be happy to platinum it again if it gets a new trophy list. LOL

Platinum difficulty: 4/10

• Like 3

L064f75.png

1Lc9eea7.png

#53 - Master of Light

This game was very relaxing and was a good break from long platinum runs.

My Review: It's been a long time since I've played an Indie game that was "easy." I've had this game on my radar for a while and thought it was finally time to buy it when it was on sale for 50% off. Overall, I thought the game was very relaxing and enjoyable and the puzzles seemed straightforward enough. The one thing I enjoyed the most though was the beautiful music. Hearing that piano play slightly different tunes every time just made the experience more immersive for me. I thought the environments were pretty well done but the Spirit World area honestly just gave me a headache; I had no idea where to go half the time. In conclusion, I thought it was a very fun game and recommend it to anyone that wants an easy platinum or just a game you can sit down to and enjoy at your own pace.

Platinum difficulty: 2/10

My Overall Score: C+

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

L03be5d.png

1L165189.png

#54 - Arisen

Beautiful Tales game. Has to be my second favorite in the series behind the Xillia's!

My Review: I can't believe it's been 5 years since a Tales game has come out. I can tell how much work they have put into the game with just the engine alone. It looks absolutely stunning in Unreal Engine 4. Overall, I thought the game was amazing and kept me intrigued the whole time. However, I do have some criticisms to make about the game. First, I understand they were trying something new but they should drop the CP system or at least make it better in a way that it's not so expensive to get back. Also, I didn't like how you get no gald from enemies so you can't even farm gald in the game besides probably like from fishing. Lastly, the second half of the story was very lacking. Though, this was probably due to COVID, it felt really rushed during that part. They could've spent more time on the world-building of Rena so I didn't spend half of the time being confused on the story. Those would have to be my only criticisms of the game. ? Things I did like: the characters. All of the characters have their own unique personality and reminds me why I love the Tales series in the first place. The battle system was also one of the best in the series. It took a while to get used to, but it felt so smooth to play and was pretty quick to adapt to. The story was also fantastic up until the second part. Overall, was a fantastic Tales game and gives me hope for future entries and/or remakes and remasters in the series using the updated engine. It's just gorgeous! Hopefully we don't have to wait 5 years for another title. ?

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, totakos1 said:

Very nice review for Arise and congrats on the platinum! Never played a Tales game before and I have to admit I was kinda worried I am not going to like it but I think you convinced me! I’ll give it a try but after Kena!

OMG I'm so happy I could help you get into the Tales series! It's my favorite series and am so happy to see so many people get into it! I have Kena on my wish list so will hopefully get to it eventually! Enjoy Kena and enjoy Arise! I'd love to hear your review on the game when you get to it. ?

• Like 2

I wasn't sure who's thread to really post this in, so I guess I'll put it here.

You two are both friends with one another anyway -  so, even if I didn't tag you both in this post, you probably would have both seen it.

Okay.... so @TalesofGaming and @KazaneHime - I've read both of your Tales of Arise reviews.... Which are both great by the way, which is the main reason of this post. I think from what you've both said about it and what another one of my friends has said about it too, is that it's definitely one I'd enjoy myself, but would definitely find a few flaws in it. It's quite staggering really, because the three of you seem to have the exact same criticisms about it - and as we are all pretty huge Tales of' fans I suspect I will probably share those too, once i actually get around to playing it.

Nevertheless - I'd like to congratulate you both on making short work of that platinum, and providing some great reading when it comes to your respective reviews.

Now - onto some slightly more fun Tales of' things

I'm going to assume you've both watched this guys YouTube content before, but if not - I'd totally recommend watching his output, lot's of really entertaining Tales of' video essays and retrospectives. I'll try and leave a link for something you'll each enjoy if I can.

@TalesofGaming - I know when we first spoke a couple of months back you said your favourite one was Xillia 2 (I hope I'm remembering that right) - which I'm assuming is still the case, well this guy likes that entry as well - even if we do seem to be in the minority as folks that enjoy Xillia 2 quite a lot. I know this is a long video, but I hope you enjoy it if you give it a watch.

@KazaneHime - I'm just going to assume based on your profile Avatar, that you quite like Vesperia... Or at the very least like Yuri and Estelle - this one might be perfect for you, purely based on that assumption alone.

Hope you both enjoy these! Don't worry if you didn't.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 6:21 PM, rjkclarke said:

@TalesofGaming - I know when we first spoke a couple of months back you said your favourite one was Xillia 2 (I hope I'm remembering that right) - which I'm assuming is still the case, well this guy likes that entry as well - even if we do seem to be in the minority as folks that enjoy Xillia 2 quite a lot. I know this is a long video, but I hope you enjoy it if you give it a watch.

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I will definitely check out the review! It's nice to see people appreciate Xillia 2 and see it more than just a "cash grab."

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 3:21 PM, rjkclarke said:

@KazaneHime - I'm just going to assume based on your profile Avatar, that you quite like Vesperia... Or at the very least like Yuri and Estelle - this one might be perfect for you, purely based on that assumption alone.

Can't promise when I'll get to this, but I'll try to!!
Vesperia was my first big game obsession, and I love Yuri and Estelle. <3

• Like 2

Ld4d82c.png

1L1b4310.png

#55 - Overcooked! All You Can Eat

This was a really fun experience, although, can be stressful at times. LOL

My Review: I had never played Overcooked! before until now. I had always seen other people play it and kinda always wanted to but... I am that sort of person where I'm shy about starting a new game with or around other people, afraid I might be bad or screw up and ruin the experience for them. So, thanks @KazaneHime for putting up with my shenanigan's. xD Overall, I really enjoyed the game and got more enjoyment out of it playing with others. It's always fun to cook something right? The platinum wasn't too hard to achieve, just basically complete every level and have unique chefs for certain levels. I highly recommend this game if you want a chill game to play with friends! Though, be aware that chaos might ensue. xD

My Overall Score: A

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the Overcooked platinum!

That sounded like a fun time from reading your write up.

On 28/09/2021 at 2:22 PM, TalesofGaming said:

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I will definitely check out the review! It's nice to see people appreciate Xillia 2 and see it more than just a "cash grab."

I mean - this is about two weeks overdue - so I couldn't ever criticise anyone for a late reply - not that I would anyway ?.... that review is pretty good though - but it's not like you don't already love the game.

It's always there if you ever wanted to watch it, no rush, that guy makes some really great Tales and JRPG content, I'm with you on that one, it's nice to see people that don't just see Xillia 2 as a dirty unnecessary sequel, because as we've discussed before, it's really good and it adds a whole lot of depth to that world, that is much better for it's inclusion in my mind. Even if "WE HAVE TO GO TO THE LAND OF CANAAN" has become a running joke with me and a friend at this point.

On 29/09/2021 at 5:30 PM, KazaneHime said:

Can't promise when I'll get to this, but I'll try to!!
Vesperia was my first big game obsession, and I love Yuri and Estelle. <3

Don't worry if you can't - just thought I'd post a link for it.

I really like Yuri and Estelle too - There's so much to love with the way those two characters interact with one another. That moment when you get her out of the bubble that she's in (you know the one I mean I'm sure, I'm just avoiding spoilers) is such a beautiful little moment.

I can definitely understand why Vesperia would be one that'd hook you - it's fantastic- I think it's probably a close second for me if I was going to compile a list of my favourite Tales of titles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

L150940.png

1L7a299d.png

#57 - The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince

This was a really cute indie game!

My Review: Picked this game up from the Halloween sale and honestly liked it more than I expected! I was a little wary of it cause I'm not the best at platformers and they stress me out, but it wasn't too bad and actually pretty fun! The story was really good and actually made me tear up at the end. The art was beautiful and so was the music! The levels were also pretty straightforward and I loved how many puzzles there were! The platinum also wasn't too difficult besides some of the challenge ones. The last one for not killing any enemies was the worst with the stupid bats! F those things! Believe it or not, I had a harder time with that than the speedrun levels. xD In any case, I highly recommend this game for an easy platinum and a cute story. ❤️

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

L73f2a8.png

1L60634c.png

#58 - Bugsnax

This game actually surprised me!

My Review: Bugsnax was an exciting surprise! The story was really immersive and it was fun seeing all the different Bugsnax! That ending though... Sequel? As for the platinum, it was pretty easy to achieve, though, after finding out the hard truth about Bugsnax, I feel bad about what I did for a couple of the trophies... ? I'm excited to play the DLC in a few months! Highly recommend this game!

My Overall Score: B

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Lf29622.png

1L2dc066.png

#59 - Crash Bandicoot: Warped

I can't believe I did it!

My Review: I played Crash Bandicoot when I was really little and always enjoyed playing them. Was I good at it? No. Did I enjoy it anyway? Yes. Did I ever think I was gonna get a platinum in Crash? HECK NO. Boy, did I prove myself wrong. I think everyone agrees with me when I say Crash games are hard to platinum due to having to collect the stupid gold relics. But, I realized what you need for them is patience and practice. For the most part, I didn't have too much of a hard time collecting them, but I started to lose hope when I got to High Time. Honestly, whoever made that time trial needs to get fired. The thing that irked me the most was the difference between a gold and a sapphire. OVER 1 MINUTE DIFFERENCE WTF. I think I may have done that level over 100 times, but I'm glad I finally managed to overcome it and be proud of what I've accomplished: My first Crash Bandicoot platinum!

Platinum Difficulty: 7/10

My Overall Score: C

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 4

L83fe3b.png

1L78c07d.png

#60 - Among Us

Love this game!

My Review: Like a lot of people, I played this on PC with friends and couldn't wait till it came on consoles. I could finally earn a platinum for it! I do admit though, it's more fun playing with your friends then Randoms. They sometimes take the game too seriously and makes for an unpleasant experience. Overall, the platinum was really fun to get! The only grind I thought, was the imposter kills, but I used the Freeplay glitch to grind that.

Platinum Difficulty: 2/10

My Overall Score: B+

• Like 1

L717d80.png

1Lbb8341.png

#61 - A Plague Tale: Innocence

Beautiful game!

My Review: I was honestly really surprised with this game. Going into it, I wasn't expecting much. Stealthy games were never really my cup of tea cause I never had the patience for them but, the story was what really kept me going. I really enjoyed the supernatural take on the Black Plague and even got attached to a few characters! Though, they killed off my favorite... Overall, the game was fantastic, except for the ending. I had more questions than answers by the time the game ended. However, a sequel is coming out this year so I hope my questions will finally be answered! Highly recommend this game!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 9:12 PM, TalesofGaming said:

#57 - The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince

This was a really cute indie game!

It seems you had an experience very similar to me while playing that gem of a game!

You might be interested in the upcoming The Cruel King and the Great Hero set in what seems to be the same universe. At least the same art style.

I haven't been able to place a pre-order for it due to "no shipping methods for your region". Maybe you've got more luck?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shikotei-kun said:

It seems you had an experience very similar to me while playing that gem of a game!

You might be interested in the upcoming The Cruel King and the Great Hero set in what seems to be the same universe. At least the same art style.

I haven't been able to place a pre-order for it due to "no shipping methods for your region". Maybe you've got more luck?

I had heard about that game and was like, "wait a minute, that looks like..." I'll definitely have to check it out! I'm sorry to hear you can't pre-order it, hopefully that gets resolved soon!

L561a54.png

1Le9585c.png

#63 - Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Favorite Ys game to date!

My Review: I need more games like this in my life... Nihon Falcom just REALLY knows how to make good JRPGs. The gameplay of the Ys games are so satisfying with real-time battle. The setting of this particular Ys game is just gorgeous with the idea of a prison city and alter ego's of each character. The story was really good and even had me surprised at some parts. I also really enjoyed each playable character. Everyone seems to praise VIII the better of the series but I disagree. The cast was so much better in this one and I honestly loved the story much better as it had more of a gothic theme to it. This was a very enjoyable platinum experience and I can't wait for the 10th installment. ❤️

Platinum Difficulty: 4/10

• Like 3