Trying to get servers back online

28 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Anyone know where to contact the companies who made this game? Games In Flames or IGS? I wanted to play this game and if someone else wants it too we can start a petition to get the servers back online.

Really ? The game was shutdown in 6th of July 2020 . Don’t be obsessed With it , move on also the game was delisted long time ago within the server shutdown. Srry but they won’t bring it back what’s so ever .

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Really ? The game was shutdown in 6th of July 2020 . Don’t be obsessed With it , move on also the game was delisted long time ago within the server shutdown. Sorry but they won’t bring it back what’s so ever .

This^

Also, the publishers lost the distribution rights to the game so unless the devs decide it's worth their while to self publish it and re-host the servers, this game is never coming back.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

As you may or may not know Knights Of Valor is now offline for over a year now which makes the trophies unobtainable. Since I'm a completist this really bothers me so if there is anyone who is also a completist or just wants to play the game again please go to https://www.igs.com.tw/en/contact/ and ask them to get the servers back on or auto-pop the trophies for the few players who still have the game.

Even if you don't know this game it would be much appreciated for us who want to complete the game to contact them! 

• Like 1

I hate to burst your bubble but this is never, ever going to happen so write off this game and move on. The devs dropped the game like a hot brick a few years ago, plus the Western publishers lost the distribution rights (which is why the game was delisted over here and the servers closed) so couldn't servers back even if they wanted to. Once the servers were turned off, everyone deleted this game to make way for games they can finish so aren't going to reinstall it any time soon.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This is never, ever going to happen so write off this game and move on. The devs dropped the game like a hot brick a few years ago, plus the Western publishers have lost the distribution rights so the servers can't ever come back, because of legal complications.

How can you be so sure they won't come back on? Even if the distributors lost rights the devs can still bring it back up online like you said before and even then they don't need to make them online just auto-pop would be fine. Shouldn't be that hard.

2 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

How can you be so sure they won't come back on? Even if the distributors lost rights the devs can still bring it back up online like you said before and even then they don't need to make them online just auto-pop would be fine. Shouldn't be that hard.

It all comes down to money and demand, neither of which are there for this game. The devs aren't going to waste time, money and resources on resurrecting a dead, de-listed game they buried years ago that almost no-one in the West gave a damn about when it was alive and they're definitely not going to do it just so a microscopic minority of players can get some trophies. You have more chance of getting a sequel or a new game entirely from these devs, then you are of the servers coming back for this one.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It all comes down to money and demand, neither of which are there for this game. The devs aren't going to waste time, money and resources on resurrecting a dead, de-listed game they buried years ago that almost no-one in the West gave a damn about when it was alive and they're definitely not going to do it just so a microscopic minority of players can get some trophies. You have more chance of getting a sequel or a new game entirely from these devs, then you are of the servers coming back for this one.

Even if they can't come back online they can make it so that the trophies auto-pop, that would be enough. I'm sure that wouldn't cost them that much. So I think it's worth to try.

20 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Even if they can't come back online they can make it so that the trophies auto-pop, that would be enough. I'm sure that wouldn't cost them that much. So I think it's worth to try.

The devs are't going to spend another penny on this game, especially when there's zero chance of recouping the considerable expense it would cost to update the game (and a delisted one at that). Patches aren't cheap to make (we're talking thousands of Dollars), plus Sony charges a fortune to put one through their Q/A system and approve it for deployment in different regions. Without a Publisher to help shoulder the considerable expense of issuing a patch, this is never going to happen.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DeidaraSasori said:

How is that fair to those if us that busted rear to finish before servers shut down? They gave more than enough advance notice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeidaraSasori said:

So you feel that because you failed to earn these before the server shut down, you are entitled to the completion via autopops? GTFO I'm sick of people and their "I didn't do it but they own it to me anyway" attitude that seems more and more common on here. I will def never support anyone in their attempts to get trophies they didn't earn themselves, no matter what the reason. 

The *only* trophies that anyone should even entertain that thought about are ones that were 100% broken from day one (Never attainable)

29 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

How is that fair to those if us that busted rear to finish before servers shut down? They gave more than enough advance notice.

It's not. You busted your butt for your completion, you deserve it. The OP does not. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

So you feel that because you failed to earn these before the server shut down, you are entitled to the completion via autopops? GTFO I'm sick of people and their "I didn't do it but they own it to me anyway" attitude that seems more and more common on here. I will def never support anyone in their attempts to get trophies they didn't earn themselves, no matter what the reason. 

The *only* trophies that anyone should even entertain that thought about are ones that were 100% broken from day one (Never attainable)

It's not. You busted your butt for your completion, you deserve it. The OP does not. 

You think I don't work hard for my trophies? I have completed very hard games, spend 100s of hours just for few trophies so you don't need to tell me how hard you worked for this especially since this game was relatively easy. I am sure you are not a completist by what you have said but the possibility of not getting 100% for a completist is a game changer. I would be more than happy to earn them if they would be available! Also does it seem fair to you that servers shutdown making trophies unobtainable? I think not, the whole point of trophies is for them to be earned, some games have done the right thing and changed the requirements for online trophies/auto pop them for players before servers shutdown so this wouldn't be anything new.

Ehm i think you don't understand this but, some games when the server are closed will be unobtainable and trophies aren't meant to be earned for everyone. You can have a quick look at my trophies and see for yourself, that i have 1 game which i will never get the platinum for that but guess what? It doesn't matter anyway since this is 5 years ago now.

What you try to attempt is pointless, since some people stated, the devs don't have the rights of the game anymore and wouldn't go back, just to fix some trophies, so you can earn them. Us Trophy hunters are minor percent of people, so you think they would do it just for you?

You have to accept this, that sometimes is better to move on and stop clinging about some trophies. If you really care that much for an 100% account, just start a new one and pick those games, which don't have unobtainable trophies.

I hope you understand what i mean with that.

Have a good day anyways. Cheers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DeidaraSasori said:

You think I don't work hard for my trophies? I have completed very hard games, spend 100s of hours just for few trophies so you don't need to tell me how hard you worked for this especially since this game was relatively easy. I am sure you are not a completist by what you have said but the possibility of not getting 100% for a completist is a game changer. I would be more than happy to earn them if they would be available! Also does it seem fair to you that servers shutdown making trophies unobtainable? I think not, the whole point of trophies is for them to be earned, some games have done the right thing and changed the requirements for online trophies/auto pop them for players before servers shutdown so this wouldn't be anything new.

1. You played the game 1 day in 2017, and then ignored it for years. They gave several months notice. How is any way, shape, or form do feel you are owed this completion?

2. i never said anything about you working hard on your trophies, nice try though. You clearly didn't try very hard at all on THIS game, so you deserve nothing. You failed to earn them even after the shut down notice. That's on you. 

3, Yes, the whole point of trophies is for them to be earned. You never earned them. Auto popping trophies for games with server shutdowns is nothing new? Show me a game that just autopopped trophies when the servers shut down. 

4. As for server shutdowns being fair...Um, sure. They suck...but do you expect all trophies to be attainable for...what....100 years...1000 years?

Edited by Floorkiller74

• 2 years later...
On 8/24/2021 at 11:17 PM, DeidaraSasori said:

Bit of a necro but did you just go ahead and unlock the trophies with a dev kit on ps4 trying to pass off you did it legit?

You state in this post you want the game back so you can get the trophies but then looking at your profile I see you completed the game ???

that’s waaaaack