Trophy: Pushing Limits [help]

Hi guys, I need help to get this f****** trophy. It is the last one for me and I'm having a lot of trouble. My party has 850 of HP, I have 2 dragon shields and Mesarthim with her heal magic. The problem is that this magic consumes LP (this is not nice) and I tried to beat at least five of the seven bosses in the last battle and had no success. I don't know how to absorve Suzaku using Mesarthim. It's confusing to understand her mechanics. Could someone help me with tips of which boss is easier to defeat (Master ring?) and where to find some rare itens to help me in this fight?

Edited by xXFinal_WaveXx

• 3 weeks later...

The easiest boss to super-size for the trophy is Orlogue, but I used an exploit with Time Mage to win: The following URL has a post which details it.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/307089-saga-frontier-remastered/79458973

Master Ring is a mistake: He will use Revolution 9 to one shot everyone if all his minons are dead, but his minions kill themselves and undo your damage. Herectical Heart will kill you with RNG and has phases ending in damage only blockable by Shadow Servant, Spriggan is the same way as Heretical Heart but without the cheese damage, Diva uses Awaken halfway through her fight which makes all her attack one-shot even a MAX HP character, and Boss X has a lot of HP. Orlogue has about the same HP as Earth Dragon, I think, and while I did take an all-attack Phantasmal Shot to the face, I was equipped with Dullahan Shields(which negate instant-death), Tao Tieh Patterns and two Angel Broaches (which negate the Confusion and Berserk effects of Phantasmal Shot) and Harmonium Earrings to negate sonic attacks. I also equipped Wonder Bangle since he might use Gust.

I hope that helps. Also, I'd suggest you get Guns Akimbo, Quick Shot and Bounding Shot on all your humans as the first ability lets you use two guns which double the damage of Bounding Shot, Quick Shot lets you get Bounding Shot off before the boss attacks, and Bounding Shot can combo with itself. I also suggest you get Blue and train him up - he comes with max JP(250 JP) so get him the Arcane Gift - a 241 JP fueled Tower boosted by Shadow Servant(maybe less if you just focus on magic with Blue) will do a LOT of damage. I didn't use Shadow Servant as I wanted to burst out Blue's Tower first turn as I was using the Overdrive Glitch after that to ensure Orlogue never got a turn after the first attack and killed him fast.

So here was my strategy:

Go for Orlouge. He seems to be the easiest.

Party Set Up:

• I used Fuse, Red, Emelia, Lute, and Cotton.
  • Fuse, Red, and Emelia all had 100+ WP and had DSC.
  • Lute was a swordsman holding the Golden Lion sword with Spray of Life (Life Sprinkler).
  • Cotton was a Mariche and had Magical Heal (healed 700+ HP every time). Magical Heal can be gotten from Unicorns, and unicorns spawn from the fairy that creates enemies near the Hide Rune cave in Koorong if your battle level is high enough.
  • Everyone had 800+ HP and 75+ STR. Grind in the Bio Research Lab if you need to raise stats.

Equipment Set Up:

• Equip all humans with a Wonder Bangle. The Wonder Bangle can stop about half of the attacks (Phantasm Shot, the various wind attacks). They can be bought at the Manhattan mall.
  • Try to get Pluto Armor (dropped from Dullahans, which are the second enemy in the Bio Research Lab if your level is high enough). If you can't get Pluto Armor, get Powered Suits, which can be bought in Koorong.
  • Equip Padded Clothes because they have a relatively high Heat resistance compared to other armors (one of the enemies uses heat attacks).
  • Equip Harmonium Bangles because they have a high Heat resistance while also having good Def.
  • If you are using Powered Suit, try to maximize your Heat resistance with things like Angel Brooch, Fire Crystal, or Sea Stone.
  • Get about 25 or so Max Cures
  • Give Lute the backpack. He has the lowest damage-dealing potential so we can let him heal if necessary.
  • Fill other characters' open slots with Max Cures just in case something goes horribly wrong with Lute and Cotton dying.

Battle Strategy:

• Use Fuse, Red, and Emelia for DSC every turn. Hopefully you'll get lucky and get the full combo more often than not.
  • Have Cotton use Magical Heal to heal the member with the lowest HP, but prioritize Cotton if he could get killed during the turn. Also prioritize Magical Heal on a member if they are inflicted with Charm! Magical Heal will cure all statuses (except petrify), and you don't want a charmed character to DSC another one of your party. Magical Heal will usually let you go first so you shouldn't get killed during that turn.
  • Have Lute use Max Cures if necessary, otherwise have him use Life Sprinkler.

Hopefully Orlouge won't use his Pain attack too much. This will stun the entire party for the turn while allowing his portrait girl to do damage. He only used Pain on me one time.

My fight with him was over in about 5 or so turns.

• Like 1