Can we do Nightmare Trophy with glitch?

2 hours ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

could be any of those possibilities you offered. i hope the devs are trouble shooting some of your suggestions. one thing is certain. the only people who have gotten the trophy to pop after it initially didn't, are those who have deleted their save file (after backing up the save) then playing through nightmare with a fresh character 

Ish. I got the trophy finally but luckily I didn’t have to start back from scratch. I made a backup save after I got the plat and before this dlc dropped. When the nightmare trophy didn’t pop for me, I reloaded that save so the only progress I lost was just for this dlc. My two big takeaways from this are: 1) Make a backup save BEFORE you attempt any of this specific dlc, and 2) Always play with the same co-op partner and always have the same host.

• Like 2

I'm doing the whole thing solo offline.  A continual campaign.  So far it hasn't been that hard when you set it to easy.  Having a high level character and platinum weapons helps as well.. In every encounter always make sure you first find and kill officers and close rifts as wellMost snipers can be taking out with your machine gun (tommy gun for me), much quicker than sniper rifle.  Try to restock your health/ammo/nades/mines before moving to next checkpoint. Flamethrowers are not so effective on elites but the mini-gun is. ;)This will save you some pain.  Will get back to the thread when done.. may be a while. 
*Some checkpoints can be rushed to and activated to avoid certain encounters (for example, the beginning of chapter 3).  Be sure to test that if you want.  Recommended only if you have full ammo and near full health.

**Getting stuck at certain checkpoints with no enemies.. cant move on.  This trophy is BS.  Gonna drop the game once I platinum it and done with sniper and zombie games.

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just got trophy today! Like many on this forum I didn't get it to pop the 1st time. My newfound success may be from the most recent update OR because of what I did differently the 2nd time around. Regardless, I will share my journey jic it helps other completionists.
I uploaded my save file to the cloud and deleted it on ps4. Deleted and re downloaded the game. I played nightmare online with level 1 character but was going nowhere. Decided to just try again (offline only) with all my perks and mastered weapons but when I grabbed my save from the cloud, found had accidentally saved over it so I ONLY had level 1 everything on ALL my saves! I was slightly teary-eyed and nearly pooped myself.
I dropped the game until I heard Rebellion did an update. No news on this trophy but still love this game so deleted EVERYTHING and started again from scratch. I took my time, only played offline, got all stickers, collectibles, 100% every chapter, got gold on all offline perks, mastered my favorite weapons, got to prestige level 1, then went for my nightmare campaign on easy offline solo. Completed 1st level all 3 chapters. Whenever the next level loaded, I exited and chose the last chapter until I got to Hell Machine, beat it it POPPED during the credits. When I heard that sound we all love, I was slightly teary-eyed and nearly pooped myself.
I was extra careful not to mix in ANY online play with my saves. MAYBE this helped the tracking. Or maybe Rebellion simply patched it. Either way thank goodness I got my precious 100% (So precious) Shout out Rebellion. Respect and Love.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, jalvx95 said:

Just got trophy today! Like many on this forum I didn't get it to pop the 1st time. My newfound success may be from the most recent update OR because of what I did differently the 2nd time around. Regardless, I will share my journey jic it helps other completionists.
I uploaded my save file to the cloud and deleted it on ps4. Deleted and re downloaded the game. I played nightmare online with level 1 character but was going nowhere. Decided to just try again (offline only) with all my perks and mastered weapons but when I grabbed my save from the cloud, found had accidentally saved over it so I ONLY had level 1 everything on ALL my saves! I was slightly teary-eyed and nearly pooped myself.
I dropped the game until I heard Rebellion did an update. No news on this trophy but still love this game so deleted EVERYTHING and started again from scratch. I took my time, only played offline, got all stickers, collectibles, 100% every chapter, got gold on all offline perks, mastered my favorite weapons, got to prestige level 1, then went for my nightmare campaign on easy offline solo. Completed 1st level all 3 chapters. Whenever the next level loaded, I exited and chose the last chapter until I got to Hell Machine, beat it it POPPED during the credits. When I heard that sound we all love, I was slightly teary-eyed and nearly pooped myself.
I was extra careful not to mix in ANY online play with my saves. MAYBE this helped the tracking. Or maybe Rebellion simply patched it. Either way thank goodness I got my precious 100% (So precious) Shout out Rebellion. Respect and Love.

I'm glad you got the trophy.. thanks for sharing that method.  Mine glitched on me as well.  So I deleted all my saves, and downloading the game again.  Started with the Terminal Error DLC before dloading the main game.. tho I doubt that makes a difference.  anyways, I nearly pooped myself when you almost pooped yourself. ??:dunno:

On 8/27/2021 at 1:32 PM, jalvx95 said:

I just helped a friend get the trophy yesterday. I was host he was level 1. Only did last chapters and at the end I was the one to take down Hitler.

Did you play through Terminal Error DLC on your first playthrough to unlock Nightmare?  Oh, you have 2 posts.. Doubt ill get a reply.. Maybe someone else can answer that question,..? Thanks

Can anyone also answer if they got Nightmare trophy by having the open slot Public or Private?

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 5:40 PM, X3N0-py said:

I did it with open slots and with different partners. I was the host all the time :)

I am doing the same thing.  Also for my first playthrough to open nightmare mode, I played solo all the way through.  Only diff. with you is I did a few levels private with a friend.. hope that doesn't matter.

On 22.9.2021 at 4:03 PM, Winds-of-Neptune said:

I am doing the same thing.  Also for my first playthrough to open nightmare mode, I played solo all the way through.  Only diff. with you is I did a few levels private with a friend.. hope that doesn't matter.

Really sucks that its taking them so long to fix it. Crossing my fingers! :) 

When i did my run i did turn my ps4 off once or twice. Changed the gaming region.

Edited by X3N0-py
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, X3N0-py said:

Really sucks that its taking them so long to fix it. Crossing my fingers! :) 

When i did my run i did turn my ps4 off once or twice. Changed the gaming region.

Finally got it.  Hosted all the way through.  Played with public and private slots.  And with randoms.  All coop (as to not mix solo and coop as that could be part of the glitch).  I recommend anyone going for this trophy to solely concentrate on getting it.. Don't go off the play any other modes or play with any settings or skins.. stick to the plan.. Keep it simple.

• Like 1