Some personal tips for grind

felixus0911

Beating every containment area isn’t needed. I didn’t beat the one in the 3rd biome and still got the trophy. If it isn’t in the activity card then you don’t need to do it. 

Also I think there isn’t any connection between deaths and collectibles. Friend of mine got the logs in the first biome earlier than me and he died just a few times. And even enemies. Everything is just pure luck and random. 

Some more tips:

1) Biome #6: There is one cipher in the Green lights room on the far left side & one more when you drop down deeper on the ledge with an integrity item. 

2) Biome #1: Scout log #9 is in a side room that looks like crossroads. Scout log #10 should spawn when you respawn in the Reconstructor. 

3) Biome #3: One cipher is 100% in the portal type thingy. 

4) Biome #4: One scout log is at the end where you can drop immediately to Abyssal Scar. 

Edited by Lowlliet

30 minutes ago, DeclioDukes said:

Can you explain what you mean by portal type thingy? I'm one cipher short and think it might be this one.

I meant those local transporters. Icon is 3 dots connected together. 

You know, those small portals. 

Edited by Lowlliet

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

Beating every containment area isn’t needed. I didn’t beat the one in the 3rd biome and still got the trophy. If it isn’t in the activity card then you don’t need to do it. 

Also I think there isn’t any connection between deaths and collectibles. Friend of mine got the logs in the first biome earlier than me and he died just a few times. And even enemies. Everything is just pure luck and random. 

Some more tips:

1) Biome #6: There is one cipher in the Green lights room on the far left side & one more when you drop down deeper on the ledge with an integrity item. 

2) Biome #1: Scout log #9 is in a side room that looks like a crossroads. Scout log #10 should spawn when you respawn in the Reconstructor. 

3) Biome #3: One cipher is 100% in the portal type thingy. 

4) Biome #4: One scout log is at the end where you can drop immediately to Abyssal Scar. 

Thank you for reply and tips!

Yes,my activity card sometimes glitched out, so i have to beat every part of just incase it didn't count.You don't need to do all of them unless the card told you

About deaths and loop time,i have a theory: every new save start with a random room picking pool(beside those guaranteed showed rooms),it is different from player to player, biome to biome. That explain my friend and i do not have the same last cipher spawn needed to unlock the trophy in Crimson Wastes and Derelict CitadelDeaths and loop time just the condition to unlock those room and add them to the pool.  So when you looped enough times they will come at last, but it is no help for grind because no one want to spend hours to search a room with cipher which won't unlock until you tried enough times.If it is true,it could help lot people right ? restart the game won't hurt

Edited by felixus0911

1 hour ago, DeclioDukes said:

Can you explain what you mean by portal type thingy? I'm one cipher short and think it might be this one.

There's one room that has four cursed obolite chunks and a broken/random constructor, that one has a cipher.

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

I meant those local transporters. Icon is 3 dots connected together. 

You know, those small portals. 

Thanks!

For the Biome 6 green lights room--Do you know if the green lights room is always main path? and I assume it is always in the first area of Biome 6.  I remember getting the 3-path green light room once or twice but never made it up to the left.  I assume this will be my last cipher so I'm just trying to speed through and see if I can spawn that room.

I know there is another green light room variant where there's a central platform with 3 layers and you have to run to the elevator in time to choose layer 1 2 or 3.  I don't believe there are any ciphers in this variant.

26 minutes ago, DeclioDukes said:

Thanks!

For the Biome 6 green lights room--Do you know if the green lights room is always main path? and I assume it is always in the first area of Biome 6.  I remember getting the 3-path green light room once or twice but never made it up to the left.  I assume this will be my last cipher so I'm just trying to speed through and see if I can spawn that room.

I know there is another green light room variant where there's a central platform with 3 layers and you have to run to the elevator in time to choose layer 1 2 or 3.  I don't believe there are any ciphers in this variant.

Yes, it was always in the main room. 

41 minutes ago, DeclioDukes said:

Having a lot of trouble finding it.

Do you mean the one room in this picture? The one with 3 staircases that go down over time.

50eEacb.png

Yes, that should be the one. On the left far side should be a cipher. 

There’s also a cipher when you go deeper. There is one type of a room with a broken pillar. There is one cipher on a ledge. 

Edited by Lowlliet

2 hours ago, DimkaMart said:

Guys i have big issue i think. I found 19/20 Xenoglyph in biom #2 and my trophy pooped, now i have 90/90 glyphs but my trophy card telling me about i need found one glyph in biom #4. Any tips please? 

Are you missing the biome 4 trophy? If not, move on to what you are missing, this game and the cards don't work properly, so just hunt what you need, get your plat and delete. 

Same here 18/20 one for plat biome 2 is driving me crazy.

Update, literally after posting my comment I found one and got my platinum for anyone wondering there’s one easy to miss is next to a create you need to shoot a blue orb to reach it.

Edited by Sycho96

6 hours ago, Sycho96 said:

Same here 18/20 one for plat biome 2 is driving me crazy.

Update, literally after posting my comment I found one and got my platinum for anyone wondering there’s one easy to miss is next to a create you need to shoot a blue orb to reach it.

Is this one in a "building" on the first open desert area?

Finally got the second biome trophy.  My last cipher was on an open area before the portal to the boss.  Had to shoot one of the white glowing balls to reach it. 

Now just need 2 ciphers on sixth biome for platinum. 

Edit:

BTW, the cipher that popped the trophy was 19/20.  Hope this happens on level 6 too.... Ive had enough of this game and then some. 

Edited by Fr_0zt

18 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Finalement obtenu le deuxième trophée du biome. Mon dernier chiffre était sur une zone ouverte avant le portail du boss. J'ai dû tirer sur l'une des boules blanches et brillantes pour l'atteindre. 

Maintenant, il suffit de 2 chiffres sur le sixième biome pour le platine. 

Éditer:

BTW, le chiffre qui a sauté le trophée était 19/20. J'espère que cela arrive aussi au niveau 6 ... J'en ai assez de ce jeu et plus encore. 

where ? before you climb the mountain down or the gate up?

18 minutes ago, unCorey said:

where ? before you climb the mountain down or the gate up?

Mountain up.  It's near the end of the level, like 1-2 rooms before the last transporter (press triangle to activate) thing that takes you all the way to the top.  First time I've seen it, so that sort of proves that some of these things are fixed and to make it worst.... Rare. 

Anyone know if getting 19/20 pops the trophy of biome 6?  I've done a couple quick runs and can't find any of the "2" ciphers I'm missing.  Stats are at (89/90).

1 minute ago, Fr_0zt said:

Mountain up.  It's near the end of the level, like 1-2 rooms before the last transporter (press triangle to activate) thing that takes you all the way to the top.  First time I've seen it, so that sort of proves that some of these things are fixed and to make it worst.... Rare. 

Anyone know if getting 19/20 pops the trophy of biome 6?  I've done a couple quick runs and can't find any of the "2" ciphers I'm missing.  Stats are at (89/90).

just biome 2 pops with 1 left (19/20)

i got all the other biomes completed with 100%

For biome 6, besides this one where you have to take left quick (or do the dash/melee cancel jump) all the other ciphers are easy to spot, just need luck to get the right rooms spawned.

This one has a chance to spawn just before you reach the area where you seek the key.
If you are unsure, check the rooms just once and skip it in a blink or your next runs.

• Like 2

Maybe wrong topic to ask; but I just picked up an "Empty" glyph in Biome 5. As in, Picked it up, It didnt say what number it was, didnt add it to the activity card, just stated I picked it up. Anyone had that happen? Will it totally mess up my Survey trophy now? Just looking for some reassurance I guess! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Godan_8 said:

For biome 6, besides this one where you have to take left quick (or do the dash/melee cancel jump) all the other ciphers are easy to spot, just need luck to get the right rooms spawned.

This one has a chance to spawn just before you reach the area where you seek the key.
If you are unsure, check the rooms just once and skip it in a blink or your next runs.

I have this one.  Whatever I'm missing must be on a super secret/ rare room. 

I'm gonna step off this game before I smash the controller into the tv (hate biome 6).  I mean, they are all awful tbh. 

17 minutes ago, Xinrea said:

Maybe wrong topic to ask; but I just picked up an "Empty" glyph in Biome 5. As in, Picked it up, It didnt say what number it was, didnt add it to the activity card, just stated I picked it up. Anyone had that happen? Will it totally mess up my Survey trophy now? Just looking for some reassurance I guess! 

Yup, this has happened to me 2-3 times but can't remember what biome.  Doesn't seem to matter much. 

19 minutes ago, Xinrea said:

I'm still trying to get the trophy for Biome 1 and I think the same thing happened to me. If I get the trophies, I'll update