Biome #2 Xenoglyph Ciphers Help

Chrisrd

On 5/10/2021 at 9:04 PM, DaHedgie said:

Thanks for that suggestion, went offline and it popped up. Time to move on to finishing up 5 & 6!

Thanks for the suggestion mate!

So... I'm in a difficult situation. I got the biome 2 glyph bug where you get one of the glyphs and it doesn't show x/20, just a message that you got a glyph is displayed. Right now it says 19/20 in resources. 85/90 in xenoglyphs (5 glyphs from biomes 5 and 6 are still missing) and my ps card says 95% of the glyphs collected in crimson wastes. Any suggestions? 

Update: I got the trophy. I kept looking for another glyph and I found it. My theory is that the glyph I found and didn't appear the xx/20 didn't count towards the trophy. Maybe it should not be there, I don't know. But it seems that the progress showed in the activity card is more reliable than what you see in the game.

Edited by antoniocosilva

My game is bugged..... my last trophy is the complete everything in Biome 2 Crimson Wastes...
I have killed all bosses, i have completed boss room everytime and collected all audio logs. But im stuck at 19/20 ciphers, and that should be the magic number as far as i can read, because some of the ciphers are glitched and arent registered.

i have completed Biome 2 about 72times now and im 100% sure im bugged, and being a family father i dont have much time and want to play other games, and even though its my GOTY and im starting over, it really heartbreaking using so much time and then knowing u wont get the trophy because because there of a bug.

but but, any last tips besides keep playing which im sure is pointless.

Is there a forum or somewhere to contact HouseMarque ?

53 minutes ago, NalaCin said:

But im stuck at 19/20 ciphers, and that should be the magic number as far as i can read, because some of the ciphers are glitched and arent registered.

It's not necessarily the 'magic number', I truly had to get the counter to 20/20. There is only one way to discount the collectible being bugged and that is to painstakingly cross reference every glyph room to make sure you collected them all. Or get lucky and find it randomly. Or go insane...

3 hours ago, NalaCin said:

My game is bugged..... my last trophy is the complete everything in Biome 2 Crimson Wastes...
I have killed all bosses, i have completed boss room everytime and collected all audio logs. But im stuck at 19/20 ciphers, and that should be the magic number as far as i can read, because some of the ciphers are glitched and arent registered.

i have completed Biome 2 about 72times now and im 100% sure im bugged, and being a family father i dont have much time and want to play other games, and even though its my GOTY and im starting over, it really heartbreaking using so much time and then knowing u wont get the trophy because because there of a bug.

but but, any last tips besides keep playing which im sure is pointless.

Is there a forum or somewhere to contact HouseMarque ?

I feel your pain. I also thought my game was bugged, but it turned out that it wasn't. What your activity card says? If it says 95% of the glyphs complete, you are probably just missing one glyph. 

What I did (don't know if it helps or if it was luck) was after the desert part I used the portal to go to the boss area and then used the teleport to go to the temple area. If after a couple runs the glyph doesn't spawn, turn your ps5 off and on again. I haven't seen anyone who couldn't get the trophy, even when it looked bugged. In the end it seems the glyphs are just awfully tracked by the game.

In all my runs and i still needed 1-2, i started taking notes and compared to the youtube vid with all the locations, 1 of the room is CRAZY rare.

But i have checked and i have gotten all 20, double checked.

i want to believe its not bugged, but i have givin up.

Made a ticket to HouseMarque, hopefully they will help fix it.

Also gave them a suggestion for a patch :

Cipher symbols shouldnt have the same

blue triangel symbol as items and parasites etc.

And most importantly :

i asked them if they could make sure u could get at least 1 cipher each cycle, it wouldnt hurt the games focus on RND, but this “grind” is almost pointless and shouldnt be.

Edited by NalaCin

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys i hope this helps, had the game since launch but finished act 2 just a few days ago. I thought the trophy was bugged for me or i had to grind for hours but thankfully i found the last one in the laser room with the 4 consumables, i could swear i was there once after i got the upgrade to cross the red water but either it didnt count or i was really that dumb and didnt collect it the one time i was there.

Anyways im guessing if it was bugged for you then they probably fixed it and you just have to try. Also the room is very rare

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Okay I’m wondering. Is it at all possible to 100% region 2 with a save file from day 1? Or would i need to start over? Because I seriously cannot find this last collectible. I’ve had all rare rooms etc and nothing. 

No idea, some Collectibles were removed in Biome 2 and given new spots, I have no idea what happens with old saves and if you were missing one of those Collectibles that was moved.

Like to think it would still all work out, but you never know do ya!

On 1/18/2022 at 2:02 PM, Optinooby said:

No idea, some Collectibles were removed in Biome 2 and given new spots, I have no idea what happens with old saves and if you were missing one of those Collectibles that was moved.

Like to think it would still all work out, but you never know do ya!

Wouldn’t be surprised if it is glitched for me, I’ve spent way more time than I care to admit looking for it. Really tempted to start over and pray it works ? 

Edit: Finally got it and got my platinum, sooooo happy!

Edited by TheLoneliestPanda

On 1/25/2022 at 0:23 AM, Mdnpascual said:

no ciphers spawn in locked rooms that need keys. You most likely are missing 15 (from the collectible guides here) or Room #19 on the video guide

Finally got it! The cypher you mentioned I actually got pretty early on my first runs during the campaign, and I've seen that room at least 3 other times. The one I missed was the one during the last section of the map, after you climb the tower, in a Main room that needs a orb to be shot. I've seem that room exactly 1 time before and after beating the whole game, 36hrs in..definitely ultra rare.

I finally platted it and I got tipped how to get the missing 20th Glyph in Biome 2

It is showed in the clip, but basicly, go to Biome 2 walk towards the light and instead of entering the building with the yellow light go through the portal and "reverse" your path toward the portal. On the second try I got the 20 out of 20 Glyp and platinum :)

Edited by GRDavies
addition
  • Like 2

This was really annoying, I did about 30-50 to get the final Cipher, while in the other Biomes, I repeated the levels 2-3 times to get everything 

also the final cipher wasn’t even one of the rare ones, not sure what happened there 

maybe the game felt bad and respawned a random one

Edited by TalalHmd

• 1 month later...

I've 19/20 glyphs. I just wanted to check if you guys think my save is bugged or not? In the activity card it's telling me I got 95% of "Collect every Xenoglyph Cipher". Am I very unlucky I can't find the final glyph? Already tried the offline/online restart cycle thing, but no dice. Anyone know if there is a patch for these bugged save games, or did they increase the spawn rate?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TympanicScroll said:

I've 19/20 glyphs. I just wanted to check if you guys think my save is bugged or not? In the activity card it's telling me I got 95% of "Collect every Xenoglyph Cipher". Am I very unlucky I can't find the final glyph? Already tried the offline/online restart cycle thing, but no dice. Anyone know if there is a patch for these bugged save games, or did they increase the spawn rate?

This biome was the worst for me, took me almost a week playing on my free time(1-2h a day) keep rushing that and just pay attention to the map. Ignore most enemies and you'll eventually get it. I heard a lot of people in the same situation, but im sure when ull find it besides the stress youll get that good feeling of completionist hehe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's now been 43 hours of game time since I got to the point where I'm only missing one cipher in biomes 2 and 3. 40+ runs through each, meticulously scouring each room and nothing. Safe to say I'm done with Housemarque games if they pull this shit again. This has absolutely wrecked any enjoyment I had for this game and I just want it to be fucking over. 

The guide says to always play online, but I don't think that is the correct approach (maybe something changed with the recent patches).  Basically I was stuck on biome 2 and 6 forever, missing 2 ciphers on both of them.  The moment I switched to offline mode I ended up finding both ciphers in a single run.  I believe one theory is that other player ghosts are pre-empting cipher spawns, and whether that's true or not, there has to be something to it.  Also the activity card tracking continued to work offline.

Do NOT play offline if possible, it may seem to work at times, but offline can potentially seriously mess up some trophies.

I say this from experience as I platinum'd this game 5+ times while making the Collectible guide here and across my experimentation, I learnt that if you start a completely fresh game offline, no trophies will pop.

If you wanna test, turn off your network, then go on a new guest account, boot the game up and die for the first time. The trophy shouldn't pop iirc

The trophies in this are heavily connected to the online activity cards in some way and because I don't fully 100% understand how the activity cards function behind the scenes in this case, it's just not worth the risk unless you have no choice.

And having a better luck offline than online is not because you're offline, it's just a coincidence and a product of the RNG system

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Do NOT play offline if possible, it may seem to work at times, but offline can potentially seriously mess up some trophies.

I say this from experience as I platinum'd this game 5+ times while making the Collectible guide here and across my experimentation, I learnt that if you start a completely fresh game offline, no trophies will pop.

If you wanna test, turn off your network, then go on a new guest account, boot the game up and die for the first time. The trophy shouldn't pop iirc

The trophies in this are heavily connected to the online activity cards in some way and because I don't fully 100% understand how the activity cards function behind the scenes in this case, it's just not worth the risk unless you have no choice.

And having a better luck offline than online is not because you're offline, it's just a coincidence and a product of the RNG system

Out of curiosity I tried it on an alternate account with the network turned off and disabling online mode from within the game, the trophy for dying popped just fine. I wanted to test two options - console online, game offline and both offline on two separate accounts, but since it popped with both offline, maybe they patched it? 

After the biome 2 cipher, 2nd attempt at biome 4 got me 2 missing ciphers and 3rd attempt at biome 5 got me one last cipher, all 3 trophies popped fine while offline. Maybe it helps, maybe like you say, just a coincidence. I did see a bit more room diversity while I was offline. Maybe without the online component and player corpses the chances of each room spawning are distributed more evenly? 

Anyway, I guess it would be wise to keep a backup save, in case offline mode still glitches out sometimes. 

I can also confirm the survey trophies popped up fine offline for me.  Again, this may have been patched recently.  Also the activity cards continued to track correctly while I was offline.  So my suggestion would be to play online initially, but once you start grinding for ciphers (after beating final boss for the 2nd time) switch exclusively to offline.

2 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Out of curiosity I tried it on an alternate account with the network turned off and disabling online mode from within the game, the trophy for dying popped just fine. I wanted to test two options - console online, game offline and both offline on two separate accounts, but since it popped with both offline, maybe they patched it? 

After the biome 2 cipher, 2nd attempt at biome 4 got me 2 missing ciphers and 3rd attempt at biome 5 got me one last cipher, all 3 trophies popped fine while offline. Maybe it helps, maybe like you say, just a coincidence. I did see a bit more room diversity while I was offline. Maybe without the online component and player corpses the chances of each room spawning are distributed more evenly? 

Anyway, I guess it would be wise to keep a backup save, in case offline mode still glitches out sometimes. 

I'm not sure what it was then, but it definitely happened. 

It may have been that I had just installed the game, and then went Offline without ever loading the game up for the first time and so the Activity Cards never loaded in perhaps.

(I was strangely enough deleting and reinstalling a lot because I was trying to figure out exactly what the Deluxe Edition gives you and when you can access it. Them I tried deleting the Deluxe Stuff when I got to finalising the platinum route so was another delete/reinstall of the game)

I'm not entirely sure how Activity Cards work, but they seem to unlock as you play the game. Maybe once you have played it once online, they load in.....

I'm not sure exactly then and I'm not jumping in again, I spent enough time on the game, I just wanted to say be careful if playing offline ;)