WTF, The Evil Within 2 just left PS Now without any countdown warnings.

zulqarmessi

Yesterday I saw TEW 2 suddenly shows up with 5 hrs countdown of leaving PS Now.

There was never a countdown when I downloaded it.

There are still some games in countdown like 30, 60 and even 150 days of decent countdowns. 

Is it normal some games left PS Now with surprise countdown.

OR its got something to do with Microsoft acquisition of Bethesda to screw playstation gamers ??

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Paramnesiac86 said:

Evil Within franchise is owned by Microsoft now, so I assume they had something to do with it.

Damn, that means Prey, Rage, Elder can also leave just like that.

• Like 3

it was removed from US psnow a while back, and has been pulled without warning from EU now. the game is cheap as chips though.. and if you're in the UK. you should check out boomerang rentals. which is a bit more expensive then psnow, and are limited with the amount of games you have access to at one time, but you can get brand new games on launch day for a sub.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

Saw this yesterday evening too. I just thought I forgot there was a countdown, I downloaded it a couple months ago but only started it last weekend. Already got a used copy this morning, though.

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Probably means it will be a Plus game for the month of June

More like october probably and there's a bigger chance it'll be the first one because DLC.

It's barely been a few months since we were all worried PS3 and Vita stores closing forever. PSNow always has this risk, you own nothing. Even digital only download is more secure than PSNow.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 4:36 PM, GUDGER666 said:

Wolfenstein 2 left as well along with Sniper Elite 3 and F1 14-15-16-17. Others have also left that I can't remember. 

Hollow Knight was taken down as well, as was Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, but I'm not sure if that one was timed or not. Very disappointing; we barely get good games on the service that aren't timed these days, and I'd rather not see that number diminish any further.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up
  • Like 1

It must be license renew time. Games are being removed faster than they are added right now it seems.

The F1 games could be moving to EA's own subscription service since Codemasters is now owned by them. I do not expect we will see F1 2021 on PS Now.

Bethesda games going away should not be a surprise either for obvious reasons.

This also means that Sony should worry about more of this happening in the future. Once other publishers start their own games subscription service, I suspect it will become increasingly hard to secure games for PS Now.

I think PS Now is (still) a great service when you have a good connection. You can play many recent and older games without the need to buy them all. For the last couple of years I have always played games worth far more than what I paid for PS Now. I collect PS3 games but do not care about owning PS4 games at all so for me it's perfect.

Of course I understand that games could be removed at any moment, I do not own them. This goes without saying. But I would like to see PS Now flourish and add more games instead of removing existing ones. I have no problem with people expressing their disappointment that a service they pay for is being steadily eroded. I do not blame Sony for this (for once), but more the market forces that they are subjected to.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up
  • Like 1

There are a lot of titles that come off PS Now without the countdown. Granted most are not as mainstream as EW2. PS Now in general needs a hard look at Sony in general IMO. It seems like their strategy has been all over the place since its inception. I really hope they get a clear strategy and have better updates and more communication on updates.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DocHolliday25 said:

There are a lot of titles that come off PS Now without the countdown. Granted most are not as mainstream as EW2. PS Now in general needs a hard look at Sony in general IMO. It seems like their strategy has been all over the place since its inception. I really hope they get a clear strategy and have better updates and more communication on updates.

I agree. When they started adding more recent games something like a year ago it really looked like they were putting more effort and resources into it. The value of having PS Now really shot up for a moment. That was probably initiated by Google Stadia more than anything, and now that has pretty much failed it seems a lot of urgency is gone.

On the other hand, some things will be out of their control like I said. Publishers not renewing licenses to add those games to their own service could be a reason for many of the games that are disppearing at the moment.

By the way, if you download a PS4 game that gets removed, can you still play it for an X amount of time or does your access get revoked immediately?

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Probably means it will be a Plus game for the month of June

I'm not sure about that. I platted Wreckfest last month and tried to get into Stranded Deep, both within the week free trial. Both are Plus games this month.

21 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

and if you're in the UK. you should check out boomerang rentals. which is a bit more expensive then psnow, and are limited with the amount of games you have access to at one time, but you can get brand new games on launch day for a sub.

https://imgur.com/wy5nnuT

Can't post a picture for some reason, but that shows the packages. I pay £16 a month, can have two games at once and have as many games as I want throughout. As in, I can get a disc and send it back the next day and repeat that, still only paying £16. Free postage too.
You build a list of the games that you want and they'll send the top of your list each time, or if there's a wait, the one below it.

Works really well and I've said £1,355 apparently ! :D