What happens if you got hacked?

milk-aholic

Hello,

I wanted to get the GTA V trophies legit but while I was boosting with a friend I got hacked and reached Lvl 100 immediately (from Lvl 23).

It was so fast I didn't even understood what just happened.

Do I have to hide the game or what's going on? I don't mind not being on the leaderboards (I mean its already over 6 years since the first trophy) but I wanna show the platinum some day (if I'm able to do this stupid under the bridge flights :'D and the other trophies)

Yeah. So I don't know what to do or if it affects me in any negative way.

I mean its well known that the lobbys are absolute trash so ... yeah. 

9 minutes ago, milk-aholic said:

Really? That's pretty shitty since pretty much people share the same fate as me. Can I hide the list for psnprofiles exclusive or do I have to hide it in general?

Thanks for replying so fast.

You have to hide it for everyone, because it's an all or nothing situation since it's not possible to only hide a game for specific people or sites:

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Yeah so you don't get flagged if the trophy "run like the wind" is hacked because you can't control it if some hacker puts it on you and but if the levels are you are screwed? And now I'm probably the only idiot who has to hide a game because I was worried and hundred others are fine because the didn't?

Yeah I will but its sad though

I haven't synced them yet. So if I start from scratch with a new character on my second ps3 it could work right? If I would get the level 25 for example tomorrow, 50 the day after and so on ... then synch them and then use my other console again ... that could work right? I mean if it doesn't I still can hide it. 

Sorry for bothering but I'm kinda mad that this happened to me.

1 minute ago, milk-aholic said:

So if I start from scratch with a new character on my second ps3 it could work right? If I would get the level 25 for example tomorrow, 50 the day after and so on ... then synch them and then use my other console again ... that could work right?

That won't work, because the trophies already have a time stamp associated with them. Best bet is to just delete your profile from your PS3 and start over. I'm thinking these stats are probably saved on Rockstar's end, so this may not matter at all if your stats are saved remotely on their servers.

Okay. Yeah I try it and then I'll see if it works. I mean if I'm right you can have like 5 multiplayer characters so maybe it does work. currently installing the game on the second console and not touching that other thing again as long as I don't know if it works. And if it does then I just delete the profile on the console with the false trophies.

Thanks though. 

Just now, Stevieboy said:

You could contact Rockstar support and ask them to reset your character to what it was at before the hack. They have been known to do that for people in the past.

wouldn't change the trophy problem though or can they delete them too?

1 minute ago, milk-aholic said:

wouldn't change the trophy problem though or can they delete them too?

No, they can't do anything about the trophies.

If you haven't synced them, then you could delete your profile from the PS3 and those trophies would be deleted too. You would also lose any other unsynced trophies as well as any saves not backed up though.

• Like 3

Okay I got some ideas now how to do it. Thanks everyone for the help. I'll figure something out, I mean I can still transfer any game memory as long as I don't touch that little trophy button. I have some spare time this week so I have enough time to work it out.

If you get Run Like the Wind trophy you won't get flagged anymore as some CRT members made it clear they won't flag for that, it's not an autopop trophy.

I'm afraid you will get reported for the rank trophies though so if you don't have the trophies sync'ed on your profile yet you should delete the user and ask Rockstar to put back to your original level, then try to get those trophies in private lobbies (that will take quite some time).

• Like 3

Planned to do that. Currently transferring my data to my second ps3 and look if everything is working (save files from different games etc) before deleting the profile.

If everything works fine I'll ask rockstar to help me out.

Its a lot of work but at least that will give me the possibility to obtain the platinum without getting flagged etc.

And in the end it will only put me back in boosting for a few days till everything is settled so its not that bad. Maybe this horror experience will motivate me enough to boost this game in no time - in private lobbies (thanks for the idea, didn't consider that one yet)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

If this ever happens to me I won't hide or delete anything. Any community/site that censors me over something I have no control over isn't worth the trouble.

There is a huge difference between those losers who have dozens of hacked platinums and someone who got 1 or 2 trophies hacked on a game that is known to be hit by evildoers. It's not fair that everyone suffers the same consequences.

Have to agree completely. Grand Theft Auto V is a fairly old game now. If somehow you can get Rockstar to revert your character, especially on a version they no longer look after, that's fantastic. If not, it ain't the end of the world. Trophies will still remain on your profile, even if you unlocked the Rank 50 and Rank 100 trophies within seconds of each other.

3 hours ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

If you get Run Like the Wind trophy you won't get flagged anymore as some CRT members made it clear they won't flag for that, it's not an autopop trophy.

I'm afraid you will get reported for the rank trophies though so if you don't have the trophies sync'ed on your profile yet you should delete the user and ask Rockstar to put back to your original level, then try to get those trophies in private lobbies (that will take quite some time).

3 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

Planned to do that. Currently transferring my data to my second ps3 and look if everything is working (save files from different games etc) before deleting the profile.

If everything works fine I'll ask rockstar to help me out.

Its a lot of work but at least that will give me the possibility to obtain the platinum without getting flagged etc.

And in the end it will only put me back in boosting for a few days till everything is settled so its not that bad. Maybe this horror experience will motivate me enough to boost this game in no time - in private lobbies (thanks for the idea, didn't consider that one yet)

The better solution is to gain everything in private lobbies, including the rank trophies, then if you're going to take the risk, have a modder place a bounty on you. The problem is considering how random randoms are (and believe me I've played enough online multiplayer to know this from experience) you'll either get it or you won't.

But just because CRT will no longer flag the trophy doesn't mean you got you legit because you didn't. Then again, anybody who has played and trophy hunted for as long as I have or longer have probably used glitches, exploits, in-game cheating (cheat codes that enable you to get trophies faster), manipulating date & time (for those time based trophies), reverting to earlier patches (to make certain trophies easier), online boosting, being carried in online games, etc etc etc for trophies. I doubt you'll find anybody on this website with over 10,000 trophies who gained every single trophy of theirs completely legit without using any exploits or boosting. So we just accept it the way that it is.

• Like 3

Yeah I'm just gonna have to play this on my second PS3 in case someone does hack the trophies for me I can delete the user profile before the trophy has time to sync.

Not 100% sure if that works all the time as it may sync anyway but always a good idea to immediately turn off your PS3 when you pop a hacked trophy and then delete the user before you even sign in to PSN again.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

But just because CRT will no longer flag the trophy doesn't mean you got you legit because you didn't. Then again, anybody who has played and trophy hunted for as long as I have or longer have probably used glitches, exploits, in-game cheating (cheat codes that enable you to get trophies faster), manipulating date & time (for those time based trophies), reverting to earlier patches (to make certain trophies easier), online boosting, being carried in online games, etc etc etc for trophies. I doubt you'll find anybody on this website with over 10,000 trophies who gained every single trophy of theirs completely legit without using any exploits or boosting. So we just accept it the way that it is.

Yeah I know, I mean I have a few trophies myself and doin' a PS3 clean up is connected with a lot of boosting or deleting game data to install the game without patch etc.

But I deleted the profile so the trophies can't synch and I'll boost in private lobbies only till this is done. I wouldn't have considered it that bad but I wanted to know for sure because there are always some a**hats that report you fort such stupid things (ignoring 100 other players that have the same issue or obviously hacked trophies but well ...). Now I'm at least on the safe side.

5 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Yeah I'm just gonna have to play this on my second PS3 in case someone does hack the trophies for me I can delete the user profile before the trophy has time to sync.

Not 100% sure if that works all the time as it may sync anyway but always a good idea to immediately turn off your PS3 when you pop a hacked trophy and then delete the user before you even sign in to PSN again.

My trophies don't synch as long as I "don't look at them". So just shutting of the PS3 would be enough - or not being logged into psn anymore.

And yeah I think playing it on the second one would be a better choice. Deleting my "main" PS3 right now and it takes ages. Don't wanna know how long it will take to synch all the trophies again ?

11 minutes ago, milk-aholic said:

Yeah I know, I mean I have a few trophies myself and doin' a PS3 clean up is connected with a lot of boosting or deleting game data to install the game without patch etc.

But I deleted the profile so the trophies can't synch and I'll boost in private lobbies only till this is done. I wouldn't have considered it that bad but I wanted to know for sure because there are always some a**hats that report you fort such stupid things (ignoring 100 other players that have the same issue or obviously hacked trophies but well ...). Now I'm at least on the safe side.

It definitely sucks. I mean, the GTA V online trophies don't seem that bad at all. If I did Red Dead Redemption's BS surely I can deal with GTA V.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It definitely sucks. I mean, the GTA V online trophies don't seem that bad at all. If I did Red Dead Redemption's BS surely I can deal with GTA V.

Yeah RDR was a pain in the a**.

GTA V is definitiv doable. I almost have all the other trophies (excluding the heist stuff). Just missing like 2 things and the other stuff is boosting. Thats the reason I was so angry because I've done a lot harder trophies/plats than this.

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Look, I think this trophy falls in a particular and unique situation you will hardly find another similar case in other games.

The trophy was BS for real and as far as I'm aware even NPCs had the ability to give you a bounty for whatever stupid reason like stealing a car or killing other NPCs.

Luckily this trophy doesn't autopop from hackers so we can say It's still earned legit somehow and has nothing to do with similar games where hackers instantly autopop trophies for you (CoD WaW, BO2) and even if Rockstar disabled that function years ago I wonder how can hackers/modders still access the bounty feature, maybe it is still present in the code of the game or something like that (I'm not an computer programmer expert so I have no clue how they can do that + all the other crazy stuff)?

Ironically I think (but this is just a personal opinion) RLTW is ten times more "legit" than platting Subnautica in 30 minutes using the dev menu (I used that myself) rather than playing the actual game for 30/40+ hours and it's not so different than using in-game cheats/glitches to make trophies easier for you.

I do really think that CRT made the right decision on this one, some may agree, others may not. Period.

• Like 2

Don’t worry. Just look at the list of fastest achievers of GTA 5’s PS3 version. Even hacker players haven’t ever been removed yet. And many of the top 20 have suspicious activity.

Edit: I guess finally the cheater players have been removed. There is a cheater player in Gta IV that took the lead with many single player trophies being unlocked at the same time and there is a cheater leader in GTA San Andreas who cheated with the same way. But they would be removed later. I don’t know if all the players with suspicious activity really cheated their game or not. But I guess if they didn’t they would post their dispute and show that they didn’t cheat.

Edited by Denizcankaya97
  • Like 1

On 6.5.2021 at 4:56 PM, Denizcankaya97 said:

I don’t know if all the players with suspicious activity really cheated their game or not. But I guess if they didn’t they would post their dispute and show that they didn’t cheat.

Yeah that's what I think as well.

The moment I got hacked I closed everything off and just sat there for like 5 minutes and then opened my laptop and looked for this topic and finally wrote it after not finding anything. I thought about it if I really should do it because that's kind of like drawing a target on my own back but otherwise it would just show that I do care what happens and if everyone who doesn't cheat is just honest about stuff like that then it would be a lot easier to find out who did it on purpose and who didn't.

And for everyone wondering how's it going:

I deleted my profile like advised. A comrade gave me his old ps3 copy the next day and since I have two consoles all I do is driving a lot of races to boost the sh*t out of this game :'D 

So yeah ... I hope I will be done in a couple of weeks. But the danger is over and I'm good to go.

Again thanks to everyone who gave me advise :) 

• Like 2