Can We Talk About How Badly Designed Minos Prime Is?

BIOHAZARD-R-US

I can’t believe no one I talking about this. This is easily the most frustrating part of this game, in a whole boat load of frustrating aspects. The map design is terrible, the performing sections are awkward with the disappearing act. Even the first initial boost jump you have to take right after Tannis comes on the Comm exclaiming about the Eridian Temple, my buddy and I died multiple times because we thought we had to land on the revolving rock. I have successfully completed this takedown twice out of just over 20 attempts, and every single time we failed was because of falling off the map. Except for a couple times where the crystals discharging killed us, which also felt bogus because the time it takes to discharge seemed randomly short suddenly. Seriously, we only just got started on the second one after immediately hitting the first and maybe halfway through that second Crystal we died. Been knocked off the crystal platforms a couple times because of the pouncing enemies. The midboss had a bit of a learning curve to figure out its attack patterns combined with how to avoid them on the map, and required a couple restarts. And then the mandatory downs for the final boss is absolutely bogus. Yes there are always enemies to kill at this point, but it makes running this on Mayhem 10 damn  near impossible because of the time to kill with the 10000% scaling. I can’t believe no one has talked about how bad this entire takedown has been designed. Please tell me I’m not the only one!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank goodness the 2 takedown side missions aren’t required for the Getting A Little On The Side trophy, this is a reminder for those going for the platinum trophy that aren’t fully aware.

Just recently I went through the entire Takedown At The Maliwan Blacksite solo but unfortunately the mission glitched for me so there was no completion upon defeating Wotan The Invincible. My only way out was to depart Midnight Cairn for another Fast Travel Station, causing the mission to fail and my time be completely wasted.

8 minutes ago, PMV said:

Thank goodness the 2 takedown side missions aren’t required for the Getting A Little On The Side trophy, this is a reminder for those going for the platinum trophy that aren’t fully aware.

Just recently I went through the entire Takedown At The Maliwan Blacksite solo but unfortunately the mission glitched for me so there was no completion upon defeating Wotan The Invincible. My only way out was to depart Midnight Cairn for another Fast Travel Station, causing the mission to fail and my time be completely wasted.

I've lost count of how many times the Wotan fight has bugged out and forced me to restart the entire Takedown from scratch ?!