Trophy Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The only thing that I thought was difficult was Mercenaries... I'd rate it something like a 7/10 but it will become easier with time, with new tactics discovered. I struggled for a while trying to find a good method for the later stages.

We have a guide ready to go, will go live in like 10 hours from now on PowerPyx website. I would have been done like 4 days ago but we were struggling to find a collectible but @Gage finally found the last one tonight and I could secure my plat lol

The guide and mercenaries videos will make your life easier, since the difficulty for the second half of mercenaries stages take a massive leap upwards and at first you will be confused what to do, but after a lot of testing I found a pretty good method which needs some luck though, but yeah... you can read about it tomorrow and watch the videos as well in case you struggle with it.

So final thoughts: if you go blind into the game it will be like a 7/10 and the collectibles will drive you insane. With a guide it will probably drop to a 5-6/10.

Yikes.

12 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The only thing that I thought was difficult was Mercenaries... I'd rate it something like a 7/10 but it will become easier with time, with new tactics discovered. I struggled for a while trying to find a good method for the later stages.

We have a guide ready to go, will go live in like 10 hours from now on PowerPyx website. I would have been done like 4 days ago but we were struggling to find a collectible but @Gage finally found the last one tonight and I could secure my plat lol

The guide and mercenaries videos will make your life easier, since the difficulty for the second half of mercenaries stages take a massive leap upwards and at first you will be confused what to do, but after a lot of testing I found a pretty good method which needs some luck though, but yeah... you can read about it tomorrow and watch the videos as well in case you struggle with it.

So final thoughts: if you go blind into the game it will be like a 7/10 and the collectibles will drive you insane. With a guide it will probably drop to a 5-6/10.

Congrats. Totally not surprised you got this platinum already. Not even gonna bother with looking at a guide on my first playthrough, just gonna enjoy a new Resi game again and then trophy hunt on the second playthrough and onwards. Very excited for Mercenaries too.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 3

is PowerPyx made up of several other people, i know some of his guides are way up there on hardness even when the games are easy, i just figure he had others that work on his guides

Having plat'd most of the series and being a horrifyingly hardcore fan of the series, the list is pretty standard, in a bad way....kinda cookie cutter if you ask me. Not saying they needed to reinvent the wheel but at least use different material in the wheel blueprint, to use a weird analogy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

There is one PowerPyx, but there is a team working for the website :P

And we may set the difficulty too high sometimes, but we always try to rate it on the worst case scenario and obviously we are writing the guide super early, so we can't rely on methods found by the community later on, we have to go with what we find just by ourselves before the release. So obviously it will be easier for people afterwards with a finished guide, methods found by a community etc.

thanks for clearing it up. i am sure i be fine, i did Operation raccoon city s rank on ps 3 solo, i think this game will be no issue 

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Thank you. Like your RE collection too. I still need to get round to doing Revelations 1/2 stacks. All in good time.

I don't think I hate myself enough to do Umbrella Corps though 1f612.png

Thanks,  Resistance and veronica x ill do in the Summer just in time for Re-Verse ?

I am also hoping for Revelations 3 next. Roumers are saying that the leaked info about RE:Outrage is RE:R.

Yeah, Revelations is fun but beating norman 2nd form at level 60 wasnt fun tho?

Umbrela Corps isnt bad.. BIG LOL

16 minutes ago, ACA5632 said:

Is there a free upgrade to PS5?

Yes it is but i bought it twice for my collection?

• Like 1

the list somewhat normal to other RE games but the S ranks maybe somewhat hard I just hope it is not as hard as all stars on all characters like re4 as I hated it and done it 2 times, both on ps2 and 3 and I couldn't care to do it on ps4 I just hope it is not like that on there.

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

5-6/10 is perfect. I can deal with some frustration, as long as it's doable with trial and error

Looks like a pretty easy Plat.

But highly depends on the Difficulty runs?

So do i have to play through the hardest mode without any Infinity weapons etc? (like in Old times)

Could i collect everything on easy and use it in the higher modes? (Won't do it just wanna know :) )

Or will it just be as easy like in Resident Evil 3? (The Inferno trophy was easier than my first playthrough on Hardcore^^)

Looking forward to the mercenaries mode, maybe a challenge, would be great. :D

Should arrive today or maybe tomorrow ?

4 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Oooo the legendary SnowNinjaRaccoon! :D Epic pog that you got the platinum already. Excited for this game.

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

So the game gets released in about 7 hours (according to MetaCritic)

However somebody already has platinum on the PS5 version. lol

Read above, that person is working on guide with PowerPyx and they have the game early. :P

It looks like typical RE list. I doubt there is anything as tough as some trophies from RE7 dlc's.

Seems like 3 story playthroughs minimum?

1. Hardcore run getting all collectibles + misc trophies

2. Shadows run, missed misc trophies cleanup

3. Easy run under 3 hours + frugal and melee only.

Then Mercenaries mode.

Edit - or do the Easy run second if the unlocks are good, then tackle Shadows.

Edited by Static_Rook
details