Ghost Recon Future Soldier Online Is Shutting Down October 1, 2022

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

It might have something to do with the fact that FC3's online is co-op missions, that can be done in split-screen, while FC2's online is competitive MP.

Yes that is what I thought, makes sense. But that I imagine FC2 shutdown is not far around the corner. 

Still not great amount notice, have ghost and revelations to finish up. Probably won't get to both. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, navidramhormuzi said:

How long would it take for me, whilst boosting, to get all the online related DLC + main game trophies? 

"maybe" 60 hours if y'all utilize the double XP method online and keep boosting daily. That's where the vast majority of your time will be spent. I highly enjoyed this game and hope we can get a remaster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

"maybe" 60 hours if y'all utilize the double XP method online and keep boosting daily. That's where the vast majority of your time will be spent. I highly enjoyed this game and hope we can get a remaster. 

Is the co op campaign trophy included in the 60 hours?

6 hours ago, navidramhormuzi said:

Is the co op campaign trophy included in the 60 hours?

Yes it is. Running through it on Elite out the gate will be your best bet as it'll be way easier than running through it solo. I ran through it on Elite in co-op and solo and I highly enjoyed it. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Wrong, Online is shutting down on July 19th !!! 

To avoid any confusion, the information I have is that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is shutting down servers September 1, 2022.  Here's the link showing the shutdown date: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396?origin=middle

If you have any sources that show otherwise, please post.  Thank you!

Edited by Paperclip1776
grammar update

28 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

To avoid any confusion, the information I have is that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is shutting down servers September 1, 2022.  Here's the link showing the shutdown date: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396?origin=middle

The servers of GRFS have become unavailable since Jul 19th or Jul 18th depending on what your time zone is. 

5 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

I was being sarcastic here, i am not saying you're the liar, it's Ubisoft.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, maneater2016 said:

The servers of GRFS have become unavailable since Jul 19th or Jul 18th depending on what your time zone is. 

Thanks for the clarification.

11 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

I was being sarcastic here, i am not saying you're the liar, it's Ubisoft.

Understood.  It's tough to determine through text if someone is joking or not.  I didn't want any confusion.  Sounds like some regions/time zones are having difficulty connecting.  It's my understanding that the GRFS servers have been awful for many years now and that it's difficult to connect at times, or matchmake properly.  As of today, I was able to test and connect to the servers (EST timezone) but I realize connectivity is inconsistent and I may not be able to connect properly every time.

1 hour ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Thanks for the clarification.

Understood.  It's tough to determine through text if someone is joking or not.  I didn't want any confusion.  Sounds like some regions/time zones are having difficulty connecting.  It's my understanding that the GRFS servers have been awful for many years now and that it's difficult to connect at times, or matchmake properly.  As of today, I was able to test and connect to the servers (EST timezone) but I realize connectivity is inconsistent and I may not be able to connect properly every time.

Wait a minute !! you said you were able to be connected to GRFS servers today ? but it was just bad servers ? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

Not doubting you, but can you show proof/pics before we all spend 1 hour+ wasting time trying to connect to this mess.

Unfortunately, I have no such proof, although I'm not sure what I would gain to lie about it.  I don't have a capture card for my PS3, I suppose I could take a pic from my phone but I don't know what good it would do.  I believe you that you can't connect.  There were times in the past that I couldn't connect to GRFS either.  Keep trying or give up, it's up to you.  I was able to connect but if I stayed connected I could've been dropped 5 minutes later, or have difficulty connecting with others, or maybe I stay connected for the duration of my gaming time. 

Personally, I'm not going to attempt to get the remainder of the GRFS trophies because the servers are trash and I don't want to spend unnecessary time getting them because the connection is unstable.

Whatever you decide, I do wish you good luck on future connections before the official shutdown.

15 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Unfortunately, I have no such proof, although I'm not sure what I would gain to lie about it.  I don't have a capture card for my PS3, I suppose I could take a pic from my phone but I don't know what good it would do. 

Well it will at least give us some idea that they didn’t just the shut off the servers down early and that we just have to keep trying to connect to this garbage.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

Well it will at least give us some idea that they didn’t just the shut off the servers down early and that we just have to keep trying to connect to this garbage.

I see what you're saying as many of the online trophies last achievers were on July 18.  I do see some people, however, have gotten multiplayer trophies beyond July 18.  Do you think connecting with one of the last achievers beyond the July 18 would be best?  As I mentioned, I'm done with the game.  I saw some people in this thread advise they haven't connected since July 18 so I jumped on to test the connection and it was successful.  I might've been lucky, or maybe the NA region/EST timezone is not affected as much as other regions.

Edited by Paperclip1776
grammar update

18 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

I see what you're saying as many of the online trophies last achievers were on July 18.  I do see some people, however, have gotten multiplayer trophies beyond July 18.  Do you think connecting with one of the last achievers beyond the July 18 would be best?  As I mentioned, I'm done with the game.  I saw some people in this thread advise they haven't connected since July 18 so I jumped on to test the connection and it was successful.  I might've been lucky, or maybe the NA region/EST timezone is not affected as much as other regions.

What do you mean i'm done with the game when you only played the SP mode in it ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

What do you mean i'm done with the game when you only played the SP mode in it ? 

Done with the game as in I'm not planning to go after the multiplayer trophies.  I found in the past the GRFS servers are inconsistent with connectivity and trashy with matchmaking.

12 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Done with the game as in I'm not planning to go after the multiplayer trophies.  I found in the past the GRFS servers are inconsistent with connectivity and trashy with matchmaking.

Ah i see, yeah all those years i did not want to deal with that kind of mp but friends convinced me to go for it when they announced the shutdown. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kryptor_kris said:

What trohies do pop in lan ?

can you also get the 3 wins per map in lan ?

with Lan you can get a co-op trophy I think (complete the story I mean). For the guerilla mode trophy, you can do it on your own but it is so hard this is also can be done with Lan.

3 wins per map you need 8 online players.