Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance will be getting a PS4 release tomorrow

Correct me if I'm wrong because I've never played this game but it kinda looks like Gauntlet Dark Legacy. I enjoyed that game back in the day and have been wishing for even just a port to play it again. This game looks similar so I might play it just because of that.

10 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Correct me if I'm wrong because I've never played this game but it kinda looks like Gauntlet Dark Legacy. I enjoyed that game back in the day and have been wishing for even just a port to play it again. This game looks similar so I might play it just because of that.

No Dark Legacy had hubs and levels, this one is more like Diablo.

• Like 1

this is the only baldurs gate game I ever played back on the ps2, though I remember beating it once.

would love Sony to give their recent screws up a break and remastered Champions of Norrath and Return to Arms for once, the champion series is my no.1 most favorite Diablo-ish games ever, been asking for a Champion: Return to Arms remaster since the ps3 days.

46 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No Dark Legacy had hubs and levels, this one is more like Diablo.

Never played a Diablo game either but I thought that series was more about loot drops and getting the perfect equipment builds and just from the trailer I didn't see anything resembling equipment.

11 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Never played a Diablo game either but I thought that series was more about loot drops and getting the perfect equipment builds and just from the trailer I didn't see anything resembling equipment.

This game is definitely about the loot drops as well. Used to play it a lot back on the ps2. Untold Legends on the psp was also very similar to this game

On 5/6/2021 at 1:14 PM, Tearbaer said:

I might be in the minority here, but I hope the cheats are there but they do disable trophies. The game isn't that hard and I'd love to write a guide for it if the cheats disable said trophies.

Fair enough. Most times I used the cheat codes to unlock Drizzt Do'Urden early and play as him. I often play as him or as the Sorceress. As I recall, you unlock him normally by beating the game on Extreme mode. Boy, if everything carries over, I better dust off my old notes. I think there was a carry weight exploit using Rings of Strength.

On 5/7/2021 at 2:23 AM, Lance_87 said:

Dark Legacy was the ****, it was the arcade at home. It's sad that the arcade version is still a PITA to properly emulate.

Jester for life—speedy enough to steal all the loot. ?

That is probably the most uninspired trophy set I've ever seen. Won't stop me from playing the game again, though.

• 9 months later...