PS5 edition purchase/sub question

Crispy_Oglop

I believe the PS5 edition will be free to PS4 owners, which probably means it won't be sold separately.  You'd just buy/activate the PS4 version to access the PS5 one.  Probably just call it one big happy Playstation version eventually.

Edited by Dreakon13

I saw someone show a photo of them getting the platinum but should I go into the open beta right now and earn trophies there? I just got my PS5 (after a lot of pain and losing $960 to scammers) but right now my system seems like a better Youtube provider and glorified PS4 console playing PS4 games (I downloaded three on the PS5) instead of having good PS5 games, and with the new FFXIV trophy list making the PS4 one look stupid(I mean seriously, who does levequests these days? :P) I want to get started on a new character, but I'm worried that once the beta is finished we will lose our characters and have to redo the whole thing.

Thanks for the answers all, I'm not referring to anything connected to my main account here. As far as I can see, if you only own a PS5 and the PS5 version of the game then you have to wait for the open beta to end so the game can be purchased and you lift the free trial restrictions. I'm playing this on the PS5 on a different fresh account with some friends, but because it's a trial, there is no way for me to whisper or trade etc with them.

7 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:

I saw someone show a photo of them getting the platinum but should I go into the open beta right now and earn trophies there? I just got my PS5 (after a lot of pain and losing $960 to scammers) but right now my system seems like a better Youtube provider and glorified PS4 console playing PS4 games (I downloaded three on the PS5) instead of having good PS5 games, and with the new FFXIV trophy list making the PS4 one look stupid(I mean seriously, who does levequests these days? :P) I want to get started on a new character, but I'm worried that once the beta is finished we will lose our characters and have to redo the whole thing.

I very much doubt any progress will be lost, I don't think it's that kind of open beta really. It's all attached to existing servers and their pre-existing free trial on most platforms so I don't think we'll lose our characters out of open beta :) 

8 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:

They specified that open beta client is the same as the full version and will be leaving beta soon. We won't even have to re-download the game. Your character and everything will be fine. 

Okay, will grab that game on PSN store on May 14, when the Irregular Tomestone event pops. (Although I won't be participating until I get past Realm Reborn because all of those stones can only be farmed on high-end content xD) Can't wait to speed through the story with faster load times! :D

Need the next week to get to 25 platinums and finish Dragon Quest Builders 2 at least.