Gaming By Numbers 2021 (Event Ended - Badges Dispersed)

23 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

0 -  Sparkle 2 (PS4) 2714.png

1 - Metropolis: Lux Obscura (NA Vita) :platinum:

2 -  Norman's Great Illusion (NA Vita) :platinum:

3 -  Pic-A-Pix Color 2 (NA PS4)  :platinum:

4 - Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes (NA PS4), Nier Automata

5 -  Gaps by POWGI (NA PS4) :platinum:

6 -  Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk :platinum:

7 -  Kotodama, Block-A-Pix Deluxe (NA PS4), Dragon Quest XI

8 -  Shiness The Lightning Kingdom (12%), Corpse Party: Blood Drive

9 -  Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, Flower, Earthlock, The Tower of Beatrice (NA Vita)

So I had like a 50/50 chance that The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles would be a number I needed and it ended up being a 3, go figure.  Went ahead and wrapped up an alternate for 5 and did Gaps by POWGI which wasn't bad.  Pretty easy overall like other POWGI games.  Am pretty set for the rest of the numbers except for 8.  I doubt I'm going to finish Shiness in time since it needs two playthroughs and it's slow going.  Really not wanting to play Corpse Party: Blood Drive too much and I've not found anything else that could work for 8 yet.  Anyone know a decent 8 that is maybe 20 hours or less, not extremely expensive, is an RPG or VN, NA region (or worldwide list) and not VR or PS5?  The stuff I was familiar with on the spreadsheet I've already played or I wasn't sure on length.

2064 is a #8. 

5 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

2064 is a #8. 

How's the PSN trophy list?  I played it on Steam and remember it being a major pain in the ass to 100% since it requires doing well at some minigames that I suck at.  If those are on the PSN trophy list, doubt I'm up for doing that a second time.

33 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@ladynadiad Children of Morta was a fantastic #8 and its cheap as chips on sale right now. May take you longer than 20hours though...

+1 on recommending Children of Morta, I think it took me 33 hours to finish but I spend a lot of time idling in games

Edited by Mesopithecus

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

How's the PSN trophy list?  I played it on Steam and remember it being a major pain in the ass to 100% since it requires doing well at some minigames that I suck at.  If those are on the PSN trophy list, doubt I'm up for doing that a second time.

There are two trophies that are mildly annoying. One is for beating the boss of the arcade game at the club and Iron Rom, which is playing the game without loading or continuing. For that do all the other playthoughs and just choose things at random. Most of the minigames  you dont even need to beat to complete the story like the glyphs in chapter 4. You can fail it and still move on. 

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

+1 on recommending Children of Morta, I think it took me 33 hours to finish but I spend a lot of time idling in games

2 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

@ladynadiad Children of Morta was a fantastic #8 and its cheap as chips on sale right now. May take you longer than 20hours though...

So for both of you, I know it's a roguelike and I tend to be awful at those.  How doable is this for someone who tends to be bad at this genre?  I actually do own it and removed it from my backlog because I'm so terrible at roguelikes.  I also know it has a co-op trophies.  I have two PS4 controllers, but I don't have anyone to play with, so that's another consideration on how doable this is.

4 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

There are two trophies that are mildly annoying. One is for beating the boss of the arcade game at the club and Iron Rom, which is playing the game without loading or continuing. For that do all the other playthoughs and just choose things at random. Most of the minigames  you dont even need to beat to complete the story like the glyphs in chapter 4. You can fail it and still move on. 

Ah, now I remember why I passed on getting that one on PSN.  I also don't have it via PS+.  Appreciate the recommendation, but I admit it's probably not a first choice.

19 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

So for both of you, I know it's a roguelike and I tend to be awful at those.  How doable is this for someone who tends to be bad at this genre?  I actually do own it and removed it from my backlog because I'm so terrible at roguelikes.  I also know it has a co-op trophies.  I have two PS4 controllers, but I don't have anyone to play with, so that's another consideration on how doable this is.

Its not punishing like a lot of roguelikes and it gets easier as you play and level up. I did the co-op trophy with my 9 year old daughter and I had to bribe her with chips for a snack just so she would leave for a few minutes so I could kill her character to revive it 5x. I thought for sure she would have died a number of times especially if I pretended to only sort of help but nope she had no problem clearing most rooms. You could do the co-op solo with 2 controllers fairly easy once you are leveled up by just running the first level with weak enemies.

Pro Tip: Range users are OP in this game. :P

Ninja'd by @Jens :lol:

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

It's definitely one of the more forgiving rogue-likes out there. You might get dunked on in the beginning for a short while, but you keep leveling and improving all the time. The game becomes easier and easier as time goes on. You find a lot of items during your runs that'll make things even easier, but after a while you won't even need those. Adding the easier ranged characters you can get even more advantages if necessary. You can really kite enemies and bosses around and kill stuff way quicker than "you're supposed to".

So rogue-like fear shouldn't be a thing for you in Morta :P Yes, you'll die a couple of times in the very beginning. But it will become smooth sailing very quickly, guaranteed.

Edit: I hate my life........................................

Edit2: I sniped him, yesssss! Stopped hating my life!!!

Edited by Jens
Victory!
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

At this point, you probably think I'm just making these games up...

0 - Kingdom: Two Crowns (8540)

1 - Crossing Souls (7171)

2 - Wargroove (9412)

3 - Lair of the Clockwork God (11603)

4 -

5 - Phantom Doctrine (8025)

6 - Banner of the Maid (11256)

7 -

8 - Monster Sanctuary (11858)

9 - Toren (3569)

Good game. Terrible platinum. Hard to recommend. Check your mental health first.

The first game I've actually seen gameplay of before from your list. I want to pick it up on sale sometime, but I heard it's so brutal towards the end that it kind of just makes me want to skip the frustration. Lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The first game I've actually seen gameplay of before from your list. I want to pick it up on sale sometime, but I heard it's so brutal towards the end that it kind of just makes me want to skip the frustration. Lol.

Beating the game isn't too hard. The problem is getting an S rank on every mission. To get an S rank, you have to play on the hardest difficulty and beat the map in a very low amount of turns. You can try to follow walkthroughs online, but they recently patched the game and the AI is sometimes unpredictable. You're basically on your own after a few turns.

It's also very tedious to play through arcade mode with every character.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

The game itself was a lot like Little Nightmares but more about the puzzles than avoiding enemies.

Well it seems like you will experience little nightmare 2 soon enough ;) a really good game, you will enjoy it for sure

• Like 1