Gaming By Numbers 2021 (Event Ended - Badges Dispersed)

If you're looking for games with very long titles i've got some recommendations for you @Briste :) Just to help @Jens earn a few more bucks :) You're welcome :D

3951 - Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the blight below

11116 - Is it wrong to try pick up girls in a dungeon? Infinite combate

9767 - Yu-No. A girl who chants love at the bound of this world

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Song of Memories was a really interesting VN.

That is good to hear, it is my next game and my number 9 hoping in the next week or so :) 

5 hours ago, Sardavanua said:

No clue what to play next. I feel like every game in my list ends with 6 or 7 lol.

well if you play a 6 upside down it counts as a 9 right?  I think you have to film yourself playing on your head the whole time but it might be worth it... lol :) 

Edited by Spinacheq
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Jens said:

0 - Final Fantasy 7 Remake

1 - Salt and Sanctuary

3 - Valiant Hearts

4 - Spirit of the North

5 - What Remains of Edith Finch

6 - A Plague Tale: Innocence

7 - Block-a-Pix Deluxe

8 - Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

9 - SaGa Frontier Remastered

Once more keeping it short for story purposes. I think this one could be a perfect walking simulator, at least from the perspective of a walking simulator noob. It kept my attention up at all times in contrast to other examples I've played (looking at you, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture), the trophy list was super simple which is welcomed for such a simple game concept (unlike moonwalking into a bush for 30 seconds like in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture), the walking speed was very adequate for the short distances you walked (not like in Everysnail's Gone to the Rapture), I genuinely cared about the story it told (not like the story in Everybody's Bored in the Rapture). It looks great, has a pleasant pace (for a walking simulator :P), pretty good. It might even make me give some other ones another chance to be honest. I thought a WS just wouldn't be my thing, but I might be wrong after all. Either that or I'm getting old.

I've got the feeling you dont like Everybodys gone to the rapture.

• Like 2

Wow!!! Everyone is making huge progress in the event! I've actually been a bit sidetracked in other games that won't count, but I've been making some progress for my #3 game, Megadimension Neptunia VII. I just have to pick up the slack and finish these last few games!

43 minutes ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

In a surprise twist platinum #200 is Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

I have to admit, that would be comedy gold! Sadly no stack out there though :( Maybe one day I can collect those books in 8K with a PS5 port. And by collecting I mean looking at them and hoping that the game recognizes it.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 1:54 PM, Im2Fast_4U said:

3: AC Valhalla PS5 (No idea what to replace it with now lol)

Seeing as you've completed God of War 1, 2, 3, and 2018, God of War Ascension is a 3 that is a relatively quick and not overly difficult plat.  Then you'd only need Ghosts of Sparta and chains of Olympus to fill out the entire series!  Of which, I personally found all three of these games to be the easiest in the series to plat.

6 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

If anything I recommend you play Transistor, it's a great game and not too long.

I'll agree with this. Its the current game I am working through and its been good fun once I figured out how to mess around with the functions.

• Like 3

On 7/6/2021 at 8:08 AM, Jens said:

Once more keeping it short for story purposes. I think this one could be a perfect walking simulator, at least from the perspective of a walking simulator noob. It kept my attention up at all times in contrast to other examples I've played (looking at you, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture), the trophy list was super simple which is welcomed for such a simple game concept (unlike moonwalking into a bush for 30 seconds like in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture), the walking speed was very adequate for the short distances you walked (not like in Everysnail's Gone to the Rapture), I genuinely cared about the story it told (not like the story in Everybody's Bored in the Rapture). It looks great, has a pleasant pace (for a walking simulator :P), pretty good. It might even make me give some other ones another chance to be honest. I thought a WS just wouldn't be my thing, but I might be wrong after all. Either that or I'm getting old.

Now it's time concluding GbN with our platinum #200, stay tuned!

I feel like I learned more about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture than Edith Finch from this. ?

But in all seriousness, I've stayed away from Walking sims since I platted  Rapture so I get what you're saying here. That was honestly the first time I felt like I platted the game only because it was easy and free on PS+. Still recovering.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I feel like I learned more about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture than Edith Finch from this. ?

But in all seriousness, I've stayed away from Walking sims since I platted  Rapture so I get what you're saying here. That was honestly the first time I felt like I platted the game only because it was easy and free on PS+. Still recovering.

I kind of wish I would've played Rapture without it having any trophies at all or simply not going for them. Those were by far the biggest problem I had with the game and that's what caused the story having absolutely no chance of reaching me. The list was so bad, I wanted the game to end before I got halfway through my first playthrough. And missing the story in a walking simulator is a gigantic oof :D But my friend I frequently talk about games with (one with a very sensible opinion on pretty much everything) loved the story of the game, so I'm willing to admit that I might have done my part of making this a miserable experience too :P

How's Ikenfell treating you so far by the way? That one will be next on my list, probably tomorrow even.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jens said:

How's Ikenfell treating you so far by the way? That one will be next on my list, probably tomorrow even.

I'm 10 hours into it. The music and story are really good so it's keeping me entertained. The combat is pretty simplistic and was hoping for more tbh though. It's like a simpler version of South Park: TFBH with a grid/turn-based strategy. It's fun, but gets repetitive after a while. I think if they added more variety rather than press X at a certain time to boost your power, it could've really transform the game and made it a lot less repetitive.

Still, pretty impressive for an indie dev. You can definitely see the passion they put into the game.

• Like 1