Gaming By Numbers 2021 (Event Ended - Badges Dispersed)

19 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Ys: Origins, for its ridiculously grindy/glitchy/hard trophies.

Glitchy?  I played both stacks and didn't have any trouble with trophies.  The game freezing on me at times?  Yeah, definitely had that one like the PS4 version freezing on me when I was maybe 1000 XP away from the trophy for getting a character to level 60.

Though I will say Dot Emu was kind to us with the trophy list compared to Xseed with the Steam achievement list for Ys Origin.  I will take beating nightmare boss rush with just one character over all characters any day and happily do the rest of the grind.  I can do it with EX Hugo in my sleep at this point with how many hours I put into trying to get it with all the other characters on Steam because I know all the boss patterns way too well now.  I seriously have over 600 hours of playtime on that version (though a lot is idling to take breaks after losing in boss rush).  Though I think we should be glad Oath in Felghana isn't on PSN with trophies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Glitchy?  I played both stacks and didn't have any trouble with trophies.  The game freezing on me at times?  Yeah, definitely had that one like the PS4 version freezing on me when I was maybe 1000 XP away from the trophy for getting a character to level 60.

Boss Rush crashes for the game for me. I only tried it a few times, but I know other people have had the same problem. There's also the glitch where all enemies spawn in one corner of the map in Arena mode, but that's actually beneficial. I don't mind that glitch.

600 hours, though? Yeesh...

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Boss Rush crashes for the game for me. I only tried it a few times, but I know other people have had the same problem. There's also the glitch where all enemies spawn in one corner of the map in Arena mode, but that's actually beneficial. I don't mind that glitch.

600 hours, though? Yeesh...

Yeah, I've heard that and ran into no problems on both versions.  Definitely would recommend making sure you get all updates since both versions did get updates that resolved most crashing and lag issues.  Only had the one crash in the whole time playing the PS4 version.  Though one thing I do suspect is maybe it's from long play sessions.  The one crash I had was from a longer session of grinding for the last few levels.  And since I've practiced boss rush so many times from the Steam version that I wrapped it up on the first try in less than an hour.  My best advice for boss rush is start with easy and move up as you feel you've mastered it.  Going from the lowest difficulty to the highest makes it easier to start mastering the patterns because the main changes as difficulty goes up is the boss doing more damage and you do less.  Some change their attacks up a bit, but the main thing to get past nightmare is to get really good at dodging and it does take practice.  Doesn't take 600 hours worth unless you're doing all the characters though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Geridian said:

0 - MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION

1 - Mega Man Legacy Collection 2

2 - Mega Man Legacy Collection

3 - I Am Alive

4 - SBCG4AP Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner

5 - SBCG4AP Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective

6 - SBCG4AP Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough

7 - SBCG4AP Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free

8 - MASS EFFECT 3 

9 - Tales of Hearts R

Number 9 is a good choice. Tales of Hearts R was my original pick when I started the challenge.

I was at post game clean up when I suddenly got confirmation on my PS5 order. With the new console I traded Tales of Hearts for CrossCode PS5.

CrossCode was my favourite game from last year. With extensive knowledge from my last playthrough I speedrun it as fast as I could to use as number 9.

I also was planning to do Tales of Graces F and Vesperia. I realized after a bit that if I only do JRPGs I wouldn't finish 5 games by August.

Edited by SirJacobFlames
Fixing typos

9 hours ago, SirJacobFlames said:

Number 9 is a good choice. Tales of Hearts R was my original pick when I started the challenge.

To be honest: ToHR is not my favorite Tales of- Game. My favorite is still ToS1, followed by ToS2.

Did not enjoy the combat system of the others, so maybe I will pass the upcoming ToA.

Started ToZ some years ago, but the junction system of the different features you can combine into your equipment is too scientific for my liking. Also it has the dumbest camera I ever noticed in a game.

ToB and both ToX games are also in my backlog, but I don´t know if I will ever play them.

Also with ToHR the pure Japanese VO I very much dislike. Not that I dislike Japanese VO in animes I watch with subs, but the VO in this game seems to not match the written text in either English or German. Also the story is not very motivating. The process of collecting the heart pieces is uninteresting, then there is a gap with filler events until you get in contact with the real enemy tied to the past of the games story.

I should be in the middle of playthrough 2 on my latest ToHR savegame. We will see.

Also I want MEA to be my 150th platinum, so I need to time this being finished before I complete ToHR.

Would have liked to play Scarlet Nexus for PS5, but since it is number 13198, the number 8 is already completed.

At the moment I am working my way through MMLC1. Those No Items challenges...

Maybe I start MMLC2 in between and alternate between both games. To get at least some fun while trying to git gud on those challenges from MMLC1. Also the MMLC2 should be easier as far as I read on some sites.

/edit
Funny. Did get the Bronze x50 trophy some minutes ago. Now onward to Silver x50 and Gold x50.

Edited by Geridian
More text

4 hours ago, Geridian said:

Started ToZ some years ago, but the junction system of the different features you can combine into your equipment is too scientific for my liking. Also it has the dumbest camera I ever noticed in a game.

I agree with you on this one completely, it was my first tales game and so far the only one on a modern console I have played, and still never beaten.  I have heard it is one of the worse to begin with in the more modern ones.