Gaming By Numbers 2021 (Event Ended - Badges Dispersed)

49 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Sorcery Saga can go suck a big D.

Oh it totally can for the grind, but it's the only other one besides FFX-2 Last Mission that I've played on PSN.  Doubt anyone here would be familiar with One Way Heroics since that's a PC only one that I was never able to really get anywhere in.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Doubt anyone here would be familiar with One Way Heroics since that's a PC only one that I was never able to really get anywhere in.

I have either fantastic or horrible news for you :P Unless we're talking about two different games with very similar titles.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4931-mystery-chronicle-one-way-heroics

Started it when I had PS Now, but that looked like a gigantic slog. So I bailed out before getting a trophy or anything :D Went the same way for me on Steam too though, I just stopped playing after 3 or 4 rounds at most.

Edited by Jens

4 hours ago, Jens said:

I have either fantastic or horrible news for you :P Unless we're talking about two different games with very similar titles.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4931-mystery-chronicle-one-way-heroics

Started it when I had PS Now, but that looked like a gigantic slog. So I bailed out before getting a trophy or anything :D Went the same way for me on Steam too though, I just stopped playing after 3 or 4 rounds at most.

I think it is a different game with very similar titles.  The Steam title I'm speaking of is this  Definitely a different dev and publisher and not much in common achievement wise when usually a PC port has similar achievements with maybe a few cut out if the PC version has too many achievements.

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I think it is a different game with very similar titles.  The Steam title I'm speaking of is this  Definitely a different dev and publisher and not much in common achievement wise when usually a PC port has similar achievements with maybe a few cut out if the PC version has too many achievements.

It's actually a remake of that PC game! The two producers at Spike Chunsoft was originally just going to port the game to consoles but instead asked the original developer of One Way Heroics if they could create a remake from scratch, and he agreed to it.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

ones I would not recommend, looking at you my #9.

Notice how it was on my list and just vanished between updates?  Tried it, hated it, formatted my Vita to undo the fact that I earned a trophy.  Oops, lost that local trophy data in the process and don't regret it one bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Notice how it was on my list and just vanished between updates?  Tried it, hated it, formatted my Vita to undo the fact that I earned a trophy.  Oops, lost that local trophy data in the process and don't regret it one bit.

yah I got a good laugh out of that. I had already finished it by that point. One of the worst of the bunch from that sale.

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

wow never knew you could do that.... wink wink lol

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Finished up Portal of Ruin.  Just so loved having to play a not so great game a second time because the stupid game crashed and its data corrupted, but at least it was pretty easy.  Only one left and Flower is a pretty short game, though it has awful controls.  It's one of those games you can't play without a legit PS3 controller because you control the flower petals flowing through the air by leaning your controller around.

Flower for the Vita was not to bad as I recall , minus the one for getting no damage in one of the last stages. I think Flow is much worse as it requires more precision moving, especially if you want to get trophies like cannibalism.

7 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

13 Sentinels has been rotting in my backlog for a bit, I may just do that if nothing else jumps out at me. Jonathan Strange is also on my reading list, I've heard nothing but great things!

Both game and book are good choices. I need to finish the story for 13 sentinels myself but the art and story are pretty cool. Strange takes some getting used to, just a word of warning.  A great read but very flowery language that seems to throw some readers off. Underneath that is a great tale. The netflix series based on ot is pretty spot on too.

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Flower for the Vita was not to bad as I recall , minus the one for getting no damage in one of the last stages. I think Flow is much worse as it requires more precision moving, especially if you want to get trophies like cannibalism.

Might be different with the Vita, on the PS3 it feels really rough and hard to get the hang of, probably because the game doesn't really explain the controls that well.  Probably going to hate that one for getting no damage in the later stage.  I'm usually not fond of artsy sorts of games and dislike gimmicky playstyles and this just has both wrapped up in the same package.  I almost decided not to sync this one and go for Earthlock instead.